CHAPTER 40: "Take me to Karin"

YOUR NO.1 FAN
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Keeper sends her apologies to everyone who had a ‘heart attack’, as some of you guys termed it, reading the last chapter. [It was my attempt to make myself cry, but I guess I went overboard, cause I can't really cry just by reading the stories I have written.]

I made it detailed yet vague at the same time because it was only a dream. Yay! Have you noticed that even though it was written in third person pov, the scenes were solely based from what Fishy sees or feels? ^_^

I have written a kahaeteuk (sort of) one-shot entitled, ‘Red, White and Black,’ to make up to you guys ^_^

I’ll even throw in a bonus in this chappy! ^_^


__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Fishy!!!! I love you… Goodbye!”

He found her by the beach, shouting to the vast ocean.  She turned around, tears streaming down her face and saw him standing in front of her. Hot painful liquid poured out from his lids as he stared at her. “Ka… Karin.”

 

 

“Yah! Donghae! Wake up! Wake up!”  A frantic Eunhyuk was shaking his friend to wake up.

“Ka…Karin.” Donghae uttered her name once again, and the tears kept flowing to the sides of his face.

“Aish!” Eunhyuk furiously scratched the back of his head. Nothing he did to wake him up worked.

“Karin, Saranghae…”

“I know you love her! Now, go get your girl and wake up!” Eunhyuk grabbed his shirt and shook him harder.

 

 

Donghae could not move from where he was standing. His body felt heavy that he can’t move. Seeing Karin crying because of him was slowly killing him inside. He was screaming with all his might but not a sound was made. She slowly turned her back on him and walked towards the waters. He shouted once again, memories of them together passing before his very eyes. It was too painful to bear, he couldn’t breathe. He fell on his knees, devastated, as she disappeared right before his eyes.

 

 

“Karin!” He shot up from bed, tears gushing out from his lids.

“Wake up!” Eunhyuk was patting his cheeks. It worried him that Donghae had a blank expression, and the tears kept coming. “Are you still dreaming? Hey, listen. Karin… she is safe ok? She loves you and is not leaving you.” His steady and comforting voice finally pulled him out of his nightmare.

Donghae blinked a few times, adjusting his sight to the dimly lit room and saw his friend’s worried expression. He was still in bed, inside their room. It finally dawned on him that he was just having a dream. Yet, he was still sobbing and the hiccups were making it hard for him to breathe, let alone speak. Eunhyuk dashed outside their room to get him a glass of water. Donghae took small sips, as Eunhyuk massaged his back and shoulders, to ease up his tensed muscles.

“Did I leave for Athens?” It was the first thing that came up from his mouth.

The question made Eunhyuk confused, but answered him nonetheless, thinking that the place was related to the nightmare he was having. “No. You have been sleeping in our room, here in Seoul, SOUTH KOREA. And…” he moved to his side and said in a loud voice, “I WON’T LET YOU GO THERE WITHOUT ME!”

He nodded, a small smile in his lips. Relief finally flowing inside him like a stream.

“Karin… I have to go to Karin,” his heart choked remembering his dream causing him to clutch his left side.

Eunhyuk panicked once again, “Yah, yah. Don’t go back to dreamland just yet. Tell me what happened.”

 

It was already 4:00 in the morning when Donghae finished telling Eunhyuk about his dream and the latter was speechless, his mouth wide open “Yuck! You’re drooling!” Donghae laughed as he pushed his friend, causing Eunhyuk to fall back on the bed. Somehow, it has woken Eunhyuk up from shock.

“So… so you did forget about Karin? And… and me?!” he asked incredulously, raising a brow. “How could you!”

Donghae flicked his forehead before answering, “Yes, my mind was a complete blank. It was scary. It felt so real. I thought it was really happening.”

“You’re awake now.” Eunhyuk comforted him, patting his back. He suddenly stopped what he was doing, and gasped. Donghae shifted his body slightly to the si

Please log in to read the full chapter