CHAPTER 14: PLAYING GAMES (part 1)

YOUR NO.1 FAN
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

pardon me for dividing this chapter in two parts ^^, i never thought it would be this long...

anyway, here is the first part... enjoy!!

go find out who's picture it is! lols

 ____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Beads of cold sweat formed in Karin’s forehead, even so, she pretended not to notice the photo and said, “Sungmin-shii, sorry it took me a long time to find this,” showing him the music notebook. Sungmin was smiling sheepishly, still looking at the photo in his hand. She walks past him and sits in front of her piano, “shall we start?” she said without looking at him.

Sungmin stares at her, grinning. She sensed that Sungmin won’t let her off easy, she tries to keep calm and says, “Yes, Sungmin-ssi?” He then waves at her the picture, laughing.  “Oh, that…err” It took her a long time to answer. She can’t think of an excuse. She is totally busted, and he is holding the evidence. There is no escape now. Sungmin , “Who is your bias Karin?” She covers her face with her hands, embarrassed, saying, “You.”

“Nu-uh…wrong answer,” he teased still waving the picture. She faced Sungmin and she could feel that she is blushing, and said, “Ok, ok. I give up. Lee Donghae. My bias is Lee Donghae.” Sungmin burst into laughter. He then returned Donghae’s picture to Karin. She just looked at it, and sighed. “Sungmin-shii, you are the only one who knows my secret. Please don’t tell anyone. Even him!” she said pointing at the picture. He chuckled, “Why do you even keep it a secret?”  She sighed and said, “My parents could be strict when it comes to this subject. They would not understand if they found out even though I’m just crushing on him and the fact that he is a celebrity. I mean, you guys are superstars, it is impossible for you to give the same affection towards us. So, there should nothing be wrong with that, but you know how parents are. If they found out that I’m a fan of a Korean pop star, it’s ‘goodbye Seoul’ for me. So, I kept it a secret from everyone.”

Donghae loves Karin. Karin has a crush on Donghae. And they are both clueless of each other’s feelings. This is gonna be fun! I’m so glad I made this visit.

“How about Donghae? Why don’t you tell him? I mean, we like it when fans tell us that we are their favourites,” Sungmin explained. Just weeks ago, they were thinking of ways on how to find out whether Karin likes Donghae, and now, he finally found out that he is her bias. “Uh…thing is… Jin and Fishy already asked me who my bias is…” Karin covers her face once again and said, “I told them that it’s… you.”

“What?!” Sungmin exclaimed knowing that it would definitely hurt Donghae. “Sorry, Sungmin-shii. I don’t want Jin teasing me, I easily get embarrassed. So, I told them that you are my bias, at least, I could keep calm and collected.” “Oh” he said, a little disappointed. “But you are one of my favourites as well, I see you as an older brother,” Karin said, pulling out Sungmin’s picture in one of her notebooks, making Sungmin happy.

Still nervous, “Promise me you would keep it a secret. He might feel awkward when he finds out…

If you only knew Karin…

 …He might start acting weird around me…

He is already weird and crazy because of you…

 We have become good friends, and… and I want it to stay that way…

He loves you more than a friend…

He always runs away from his fans, he might avoid me too if he finds out.”

Quite the opposite, Karin

“So how come you seem normal around him? I mean… “ Sungmin asked curious, because from what Donghae tells them, he was always the one losing to Karin. He was always the one blushing and getting startled.

“Oh, that. Well...before he was Lee Donghae, he was Fishy first, my friend who always cheers me up by leaving messages in the site and hangs out with me and Jin. I guess, I kinda got used to him being Fishy, and even though I found out that he was Donghae, he still wears a disguise. So, most of the time I forget that he is Donghae,” she laughs. He, too, started laughing and was amazed on how Karin could handle her emotions so well. So, that’s how… Wow, Karin, you are really making it hard for Donghae. At least, she is crushing on him. Just a little more from Donghae, and she’ll definitely fall in love with him.

“Ok,” Sungmin smiles sheepishly, “in one condition…” Karin looks up to him, “O-ok…anything you say…as long as I can do it, I will.”

“First, let’s drop the formality since we share your secret. Call me oppa from now on,” he was smiling widely, Donghae would be so jealous! hahahahah!

Karin agreed, “Sure, that’s easy. Sungmin-oppa. I also call Junyoung, oppa. So, it’s not a problem.”  They shook hands, “good. Since I am your oppa, you have to be an obedient yeo dongsaeng. You’ll have to follow everything I tell you, understand?” In order to keep her secret safe, she has no choice but to nod in agreement, besides, Sungmin is a nice guy, so she didn’t mind at all.

They started hitting a few keys in the piano, they laughed every time a weird sound is made. The next hour was spent on tinkering with the piano keys until they come up with a melody for the first verse. Somehow, composing music with Sungmin made her feel that her secret is safe with him. Sungmin had a great time with Karin, music is both their passion. He knows now why Donghae loves her.

The sweet melody that filled her apartment was interrupted by Jin’s sudden outburst, “Karin, I’m hungry. What’s for dinner?” A sluggish Jin enters her apartment and heads straight to the dining area walking past the startled Karin and Sungmin. Seems like, he had just woken up. He then stops midway, and turns his head slightly. “Su-sungmin of Super Junior!” finally, he is awake now. The starstruck Jin just froze while Sungmin stood up and introduced himself, leaving Jin speechless. Seeing that her friend is incapable of communicating due to his current shock, Karin says, “Oppa, meet my best friend Jin. He is a big fan of Super Junior.” Jin breaks out of his trance, realizing that it wasn’t a dream that Sungmin is in the living room with them, reaches out a hand to Sungmin, saying, “Great to finally meet you sir, I’m Jin.”

Karin hands Sungmin a piece of paper and pen, “autograph please,” she said smiling, then turning her gaze towards Jin. You owe me one autograph, Jin. As if talking via telepathy, Jin smiles, tha

Please log in to read the full chapter