CHAPTER 17: GAME OVER

YOUR NO.1 FAN
Please log in to read the full chapter

SURPRISE!! XD 

here is chapter 17: Game Over

___________________________________________________________________________

 

He heard her desperately calling for help. Without any second thoughts, he left Sungmin and ran towards Karin.

I’d love to see what happens… hihi  Sungmin watched as Donghae ran to his princess.

His ears were hurting, as Karin called for ‘oppa.’ He knew it wasn’t him she was calling; still he wanted to go to her.

Karin, I’m coming! He made it to her left side, and saw her breathing heavily. Her face was so red, and her eyes were frantically looking for… her… oppa. He did not know Karin would go so far for a game…

He took a step closer, and hesitated. If she sees him, she might think that he was chasing after the ball and she would run again despite being tired.

“Karin~” He called. It’s ok..you don’t have to run..it’s just me…

She heard the most soothing voice taking all her worries away. Finally, she could pass the ball.

He saw her face lit up. So, he walked closer but stopped, when he heard her say, “Oppa, here,” passing the ball to her side without looking.

 

She was panting really hard, her hands on her knees. Her eyes followed the ball as it stopped. She wanted to see who came for her, she said, “thanks oppa” as she looked up…

And saw Donghae with the ball…

She gasped realizing that she passed the ball to the opponent. Not just any member of the blue team, but to Donghae.

She bowed her head in embarrassment. I just called… him… oppa…What are you thinking, Karin?! You passed the ball to the opponent! How did it happen?

Sungmin wanted to scream but he held back, She just slipped! She called him OPPA!! Wooooohoooo!! I heard that Karin!

 

“It’s me, Fishy… not… oppa,” he stuttered. Oppa… she called me Oppa!

His head was going explode and heart about to jump hearing her call him oppa.

Eunhyuk looked at the confused Donghae. What are you saying Donghae?! She just called you OPPA! For crying out loud!

He was screaming his head out, and wanted to smack his friend in the head.

She looked back at him and smiled, but her smile faded as she saw the pained look in his eyes.

“Fishy, mianhae,” Karin replied in her soft voice.

“I-It’s..o-ok,” You don’t have to say it Karin, I know… it wasn’t me you were expecting… although, for a moment there, I want to believe that I am your oppa.

Thoughts of Sungmin came rushing back, as he held back his tears.

 

He was drowning himself in misery, when Karin’s sudden laughter pulled him back.

“Why are you laughing?” he asked.

“I just realized…I must’ve sounded like a crazy fan girl back then calling out ‘OPPA’! Thanks for coming, Fishy,” she was still laughing. “Although, I was expecting someone in red.. hmmm.. where are they?”

She looked around to find her team mates, who were already surrounding them… just watching the two.

Leeteuk finally made it next to her, “Karin, sorry.”

“It’s ok, oppa. It was my fault,” Karin looked straight at his eyes, to show her sincerity.

Leeteuk shook his head, “no. Sorry for not being able to back you up,” he places his hand over her head. “You did your best. All this time we have been depending on you to distract the blue team.”  She was shaking her head, “no oppa… We were.. doing it together.”

Her knees finally gave in. Donghae rushed to her side, letting go of the ball. He could care less about the game. She was more important.

“Aish! The ball Donghae!” Shindong shouted. Fortunately, Jin was there to save it.

The referee whistled, and the game resumed. “It’s our turn to score, let’s go!” Shindong called his team mates. The red team members scrambled back to their area, where Kibum, Henry and Taemin were waiting.

 

“Donghae, take Karin to the side. She needs to rest,” Leeteuk ordered and looked at Karin, “You are going to rest, young lady..and no buts. Understand?” It was the first time Karin saw Leeteuk act like that towards her, so she just simply nodded.

 

He took her left arm and wrapped it around his neck, startling Karin.

“Wha- what are you doing?” Her face was close to his. He could see her round eyes staring at his. He had to look away, in order to think straight.

“I’ll carry you, Karin. Your legs are tired,” He pointed out, still trying to avoid her eyes.

She could feel her heart beat fast, Heart, calm down…shhhh…

She pulled her arm away and tried to stand up using the last bit of energy she has.

Seeing what she is trying to do, he stopped her saying, “It’s ok. I’ll carry you.” But Karin did not even move, she was determined to let herself up. He had to make an excuse, “Leeteuk-hyung will scold me if he sees you walking”

Gullible as she is, she asked, “Really? Will he get mad at you just because of this?”

He looked at her with a serious face and nodded. She frowned, and he knew she already gave in.

“How do you like me to carry you?” he asked. “Like this..or like this.” Karin laughed at his strange carrying positions.

He too laughed realizing how silly he looked, “Ok, how about a piggy-back ride?” turning his back on her.

Hesitantly, she got up on her knees and wrapped both her arms around his neck. He stood up gently, carrying her.

 

His hyungs and dongsaengs were staring at them. Eunhyuk was ecstatic to see Donghae carrying Karin, with a smile plastered on his face. He was about to tease them, but decided not to, in order not to ruin his friend’s moment. Sungmin was smiling at the two.Finally, my plan worked, hihihi

 

 “I’m… sorry, too. I made you lose the ball. Sorry, I- I’m not your oppa…” He finally broke the silence. He was thankful that Karin could not see his face that is so red.

She laughed, “of course, you’re not my oppa.”

He remained silent, not knowing what to say. That hurt, Karin.

“They told me that OPPA would be their codename, that I just have to call them that,” she explained.

“Re-really?” he smiled shyly, “Just a codename… I see.” Aish, Donghae! He mentally slapped the back of his head. That’s for being a jealous fish over nothing!

“Aw!”  Karin slapped his shoulder. “Why’d you do that?”

“That’s for playing a trick on me back then. Hmph!”

“Huh?” He tried to look over his shoulder and

Please log in to read the full chapter