CHAPTER 27: Dinner date

YOUR NO.1 FAN
Please log in to read the full chapter

Thanks for always leaving comments xD I really appreciate it. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Karin informed Jin about their dinner the minute he entered her apartment. “Yah, Karin. You are not supposed to be dating a guy,” he reminded her. “It’s just dinner~” she replied, sweetly smiling at him. He ruffled her hair laughing, “just kidding. Don’t worry; I’ll take care of Jake.” “Thanks Jin,” she said hugging him.

 

After her classes, Karin hurried home to prepare for their dinner. After taking a shower, she started picking out what she would wear. An excited Jin barged in her living room and called, “Yah, Karin! Good news!! Jake is having a business meeting so he apologizes for not being able to join us for dinner!!”

 

Jin suddenly stopped his merry-making when he saw Karin go down the stairs wearing a white sleeveless blouse matched with a knee-length multi-colour bohemian skirt. She gathered her hair into a half-ponytail, and lightly brushed make-up on her face. Astonished at her transformation, he said, “Wow, you… You are beautiful.” Jin rubbed his eyes and took a second look at her as she put on her flats and grabbed her clutch bag.  “You… really are.” Karin chuckled and playfully slapped his arm, “stop it Jin. I’m embarrassed.” “But it’s true. You look amazing. Hyung will fall more for you,” he said following her from behind.

 

Donghae kept checking the time; he can’t wait to be with her. As soon as recording was over, he hurriedly dashed out of the room only to be stopped by his manager. “We have an emergency meeting. It’s about a new project.” Looking inside, he said, “Everyone, let’s go.” Donghae was pinned in place, as if the whole world crashed on him. His energy out of him. Of all times, why does it have to be now?! He wanted to scream in frustration. A worried Eunhyuk squeezed his shoulder, “don’t worry. Let’s hope the meeting would end soon.” He weakly nodded, and dragged his feet along.

 

It was five minutes past 7pm and still there is no sign of Donghae. “What’s taking him so long?” Jin stood up and looked outside. “He should not let a girl wait… a pretty one, I might add.” Karin chuckled at his comment, “it’s ok Jin. He might be stuck in traffic or something came up.” Her phone suddenly rang. It was Donghae. “Mianhae, Karin. We had an emergency meeting,” he explained. “It’s ok. Dinner can wait,” she said, comforting him. “It’s not ok. I’m sorry,” he apologized once again. “Hmmm, why don’t I just meet you for dinner? Tell me where it is,” she said cheerfully, not wanting him to feel bad. His mood lightened up to hear her say that. A while ago, he was sure Karin would postpone their dinner. Even though how embarrassed he is to let his date go to the place alone, he told her the address, badly wanting to be with her.  

 

Standing up, Karin walked outside the door startling Jin. “Wait, where are you going?” he asked confused. “It’s not like we’re on a date for him to pick me up. I’ll just meet him there,” she said smiling. “Let me take you. I can’t let you go on yourself alone.” Jin rushed back to his unit to get his jacket, and then locked their doors.  Extending his hand, he said, “shall we?” Karin chuckled and ignored him.

 

At the conference room, Donghae fidgeted at his seat, ready to run off and be with her. He has been thinking about it all day. And it irritates him to be sitting there, listening to the big bosses talk about a new product they would be endorsing. “I would like you to meet the Marketing Director of Delight Beverage, Inc, Jacob Saunders.” Donghae suddenly perked up in his seat, recogniz

Please log in to read the full chapter