CHAPTER 18: Karin's first kiss (part1)

YOUR NO.1 FAN
Please log in to read the full chapter

mianhae, mianhae...for the very long wait ^^,

here is the real update ^_^ enjoy!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shouts were heard as the referee blew the whistle. Eunhyuk was all over the field with his shirt pulled up over his head. The game ended with 2-1 score, in favour of the Blue team. Eunhyuk managed to score a goal during the last 3 seconds of the game.

“Congratulations!” Karin greeted Donghae, who was laughing really hard at his best friend who was running like a madman in the field. It was mixed emotions; he was happy for his team but was sad that Karin would get the penalty of having vegetables for dinner, “Th-thanks… I’m so~” but was cut when Karin raised a hand telling him to stop.

“It’s a game, Fishy. There are winners and losers,” she was smiling at him, finding himself once again helplessly falling for her.

“Ka~rin~” she tilted her head to glare at the owner of that annoying voice. Jin laughed hysterically as he saw Karin’s expression. “Looks like someone’s having vegetables tonight~” he kept on teasing. Karin put her arms across her chest, raising a brow at him. He just loves annoying her. He was still laughing as he made it close to Karin and Donghae. He raised a hand to Donghae as they did a high five. Oh, I still have to tell hyung.

He moved closer to Karin’s side and wrapped an arm in her shoulders, “Guess your strategies didn’t work, huh?” he was grinning. Karin just furrowed her eyebrows and looked up at him, “What are you talking about?”

“Ha! I saw you and Sungmin-hyung…” hearing his name made Donghae well up in anger and jealousy once again. Jin felt the burning rage next to him. “What?” Karin elbowed him. “I saw you two WHISPERING a while ago. I saw hyung WHISPER something to you,” he said slowly with emphasis, looking at Donghae in the corner of his eye.

Whisper?  The anger somehow subsided. Donghae remained silent, still looking at a distance, listening intently to their conversation.

“Were you spying on me? What is it to you if oppa did whisper? We are team mates.” Karin is now facing Jin, her hands on her waist. Jin does not have an answer to that. Donghae glanced at Karin, and saw her eyes unflinching, staring at Jin.

So, it’s just a whisper.He felt relieved. He could breathe easily now that his hyung did not kiss Karin. Mianhae hyung, for not trusting you. Aish, Donghae! You have to deal with your jealousy. Stop jumping into conclusions! Bad fish.. baaaadd Fishy!

Karin remembered what Sungmin told him, about her secret, that she blushed. Unfortunately, Jin saw it even though she tried hard to hide it, “Aha! What were you two WHISPERING about?” Karin walked away and said, “game strategies.”

Did she… did Karin just blush? When did she learn that? “I am not buying that Karin,” he said as Karin walked away from him towards the red team. She is hiding something and I’m going to find out!

I have to talk to hyung to make things straight. Donghae watched as Karin was surrounded by her team mates. Eunhyuk approached him, “Don’t worry. I’ll share my food with Karin.” Donghae laughed, “No need. I’ll do it.” Eunhyuk put his arm around Donghae’s shoulder, “Does it still hurt?” he asked, referring to his head injury. “Nothing that Karin can’t cure,” he smiled, making Eunhyuk push him, “Eww!” They ended up laughing at each other.

“Noo-na!” Taemin came running towards her, arms wide open. Taemin hugged Karin, as she patted his back, “Mianhae, noona wasn’t with you till the end.” They broke from the embrace, Taemin smiled cutely at her, “I heard you cheer, Noona. You were definitely playing with us.”

“Yah, Taemin-ah, stop hugging noona. You have sweat all over and you stink,” Key pulled Taemin away from Karin.

 “It’s ok Key. I am sticky and stinky as well, “ Karin chuckled. “Noona smells sweet,” Taemin said moving closer again to Karin. “And you are so nice,” Karin said pinching Taemin’s left cheek.

“Sungmin-ah! I’m hungry! Let’s go!” Shindong’s voice thundered the field calling everyone’s attention. In minutes everyone gathered by the entrance, where the 3 vans and a car were parked. The blue and red team members of Super Junior went inside the two vans, separately. The Shinee members went to their van except Taemin who refuses to leave Karin saying, “team members go together.” Minho stepped out of the van, “Noona, you can ride with us.” Taemin pulled her saying, “Noona, Minho-hyung is right, you can go with us.”

“Wait, I’ll ask Sungmin-oppa,” Karin replied as her eyes searched for Sungmin and Jin, since they went to the field together. “Yah, Karin! I’m going with my team mates!” Jin stuck his head outside the window, as he noticed Karin looking around. Karin walked towards their van, “Jin, you could have told me earlier. Anyway, don’t do anything rash.”  “You can ride with us, Karin!” Ryeowook also stuck his head outside the window. “It’s crowded in here, she’ll get squished.” Karin hear Kyuhyun say. “Wookie, I’m fine. I can either go with Shinee or Sungmin-oppa,” she smiled and waved goodbye to them as she walked to the other van. “See you later Karin!” they all shouted, except of Donghae who was silent in his seat.

“Aish, I could’ve bought my car,” he mumbled. “Someone is jealous~” Eunhyuk teased making everyone laugh. Donghae just slumped in his seat and watched Karin. He saw Sungmin run towards Karin but he has no idea of what they were talking about.

“Mianhae, Karin if I took so long. I had to talk to some people inside,” Sungmin said. “Don’t think about it. Jin is already with the blue team. So, I guess ~” Karin’s voice trailed. “Yes, let’s go,” Sungmin said pulling her hand. “Wait..wait oppa,” Karin looked back at Taemin, “I want to take Taemin along.”

Donghae retaliated as he saw Sungmin holding Karin’s hand, “Wait! I’m going with them!” Laughter and screams of pain were heard as he recklessly made his way out of the van. “Hyung, watch it!” “Ouch!” “My foot!”

“Sure,” Sungmin then faced his dongsaeng, “Taemin, let’s go!” Seeing Taemin approach Karin and Sungmin, Key also got out the van, “Wait! I’m coming too. Don’t leave me with those.. those.. argh!,” he said glaring at Onew, Jonghyun and Minho.

Karin laughed as she saw Key’s annoyed expression.  “Red team members, unite!” Taemin shouted.  The four then walked towards Sungmin’s car. “Noona and I will sit at the back,” Taemin said opening the door to the back seat. “Ok” she easily agreed and went inside.

“Wait! I’m going with you!” The four then turned their heads to a person running towards them. “Hyung, what are you doing here?” Key asked. “There is no more room at the van,” Donghae replied panting. “Oh, you could go to our van, the other blu-“ Key covered Taemin’s mouth. “You can sit with these two at the back,” Key said, finally letting go of Taemin, who was frowning at him.

Before going inside the car, Donghae gave Sungmin the ‘we-need-to-talk’ look. Sungmin just smiled casually saying, “sure, we have still space in the car.” hihihi… I made him jealous…

“Ka-“ ahh! This kid beat me to it! Donghae squinted his eyes on Taemin who was already comfortably sitting beside Karin. “Hyung,” Taemin suddenly called getting him back on his senses, “Aren’t you getting in?”  “yes, I’m coming,” he answered dryly. Key kept rolling his eyes as he watched how clueless Taemin is about their hyung’s feelings for Karin. Aish, Taeminnie, hyung is gonna get mad at you.

Sungmin then started driving, as the other 3 vans followed from behind. “Good thing, you caught up with us Fishy,” Karin said leaning forward, facing him. “I thought you were already with the blue team inside the van.” Well, I was inside the van. “Ye-yeah. It was crowded there,” he felt light once again being with her. Karin laughed, “Aren’t you used to it?”

Karin ~ I want to be here with you ~ Sungmin laughed hearing that. “It sure is tough and crazy to live with 12 other guys.  Even after all these years together, there are some things that we aren’t used to,” looking at the mirror from time to time.

“You are right, oppa. It’s the same with Jin and me,” Karin replied. Just as how I can’t tell Jin about him…

He felt something strange with her answer that he couldn’t keep his eyes off her. She looked… sad. Karin… I don’t like seeing you this way… something is bothering her… think Fishy, think!

“I’m bored,” Taemin broke the silence, “Let’s play a game!”

Right, a game…Somehow, it could lighten up Karin’s mood.

“What game?”And he was right, Karin seemed to be interested.

“I dunno what it’s called…” he started but was cut by Key who was raising an eyebrow at him, “is this another of your silly made-up games?” 

“aniyo. The objective of this game is for one to make his opponent laugh using facial expressions, gestures or body actions. The one who laughs will be out,” Taemin explained enthusiastically.

Key once again rolled his eyes, “is that even a game?”

“Let’s try it,” Karin chuckled. “I’m in,” Donghae said raising his hand.

“Sungmin-hyung, you can’t join, you concentrate on your driving,” Key ordered, now a bit interested.

Sungmin pouted facing Key, “not fair.”

“Eyes on the road” Karin and Donghae said in unison, making Taemin and Key look at them.

How sweet… hihihi…

Donghae looked away, trying hard not to embarrass himself in front of his dongsaengs. He could feel his cheeks heat up. That phrase was already stuck on his mind, ever since that day. 

“Since, I won’t be playing, I’ll just make a suggestion,” Sungmin said, his eyes on the road. “Do it in pairs, and face each other. Key, get that magazine.” Key did as he was told.” Put that in between you and your opponent, then in the count of 3 remove it. You will win if you can make your opponent laugh within 1 minute, understand?”

“Oh, wow, hyung! That’s a great idea,” Taemin was already excited.

 “Okay.Let’s do rock, paper, and scissors to decide on who goes first,” Key motioned his fist towards the three.

“Rock, paper, scissors!”

“rocks. You two are out,” Key said, as he did another round with Donghae.

“Rock, paper, scissors!”

“Ha! I win!” Key clapped his hands. “Taemin, I’ll beat you first.”

Taemin gave him his evil grin, “Try me, hyung.”

Donghae positioned the magazine in betwe

Please log in to read the full chapter