Chapter 31: Apart (Intensity level 1)

YOUR NO.1 FAN
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Holding her hand on his right and his left arm around a big teddy, Donghae walked Karin back to her apartment. The two finally bid each other goodbye after a fun day together. Walking towards the gate, Donghae would always look back at her after every few steps and wave. Karin laughed seeing him wave goodbye to her several times and he hasn’t even reached the gate. “Just go now,” she chuckled.

 

For the next few months, Donghae would always visit her in the evening whenever he is in Seoul. In his trips outside Seoul and South Korea, Donghae would always flood her with messages. It somehow lessened the agony of missing her. They just came back from China and the minute they got out of the airport, Donghae went straight to her apartment.

 

“Karin!” he called excitedly standing by her doorstep, his carry-on bag placed on the floor. He waited anxiously outside and mumbled, “Karin, I’m home.” He had a playful smile, thinking about going home to his wife. He bit his lower lip keeping himself from smiling like a fool.

 

“Hyung, just enter.” Donghae was startled by Jin’s voice. “It’s your home right?” Jin teased and Donghae was so embarrassed, blushing madly. Karin opened the door to see Donghae looking down on the ground. “Are you okay?” She asked touching his forehead. “You are so red. You might be down with a fever.” Karin looked at him worried, as he shook his head. “Come inside.” Donghae looked back at Jin who was grinning pleading him not to tell Karin. Jin simply waved a hand and went inside his unit.

 

“You should have taken a rest first,” Karin said knowing that he just arrived.

 

“I’m okay Karin. I wanted to see you badly.” His cheeks were still burning that he couldn’t look at her straight.

 

“I missed you.” Donghae tilted his head up and saw her smiling back at him. Ahh~ Karin… He was once again staring at her, drowning in her presence, not wanting to miss any single detail about her. “What?” she asked, frowning at him, as she felt his eyes on her. Donghae laughed, You haven’t changed a bit…

 

Donghae ped his bag and took out a stuffed panda wearing a traditional Chinese attire. “Take care of HaeRin,” he said giving her the stuffed toy. “Hae…rin?” she asked as she held the panda. Donghae was red in the face and ears again, “Hae from Donghae and Rin from Karin,” he explained. “So that Kahae is not alone,” he continued.

 

Finally, they are going to exchange their points for a prize. “Which one do you like?” he asked Karin as they scanned the items on the rack. Karin noticed him eyeing a teddy bear, but his points alone won’t be enough. Since she couldn’t find one that she liked, Karin held his hand and placed her coupons on his palm. “Go get the teddy,” she nudged him smiling. “How about you?” he asked. “It would be my gift for treating me today,” she replied.

 

Donghae walked Karin home, and gave her the stuffed animal. Karin looked at him confused. “You take care of Kahae for me,” he suddenly said and Karin looked at him strangely. “Ka…hae… Karin and Donghae,” his heart raced and butterflies formed in his stomach, realizing that he named the stuffed bear as if it was their own.

 

“Ohh, right. I’ll take care of Kahae and Haerin for you,” she said playing with Haerin, avoiding his eyes. An awkward silence fell between them. For a minute there, they were like husband and wife talking about their children.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Keeper, Keeper~” I called as I entered her room. She always forgets to lock her room. “Keeper~” Her back was facing me, so I had to walk around, only to see her sleeping soundly. “Sleep well~” Alright! It’s time for my plan to commence. I carefully tiptoed towards her computer. She never shuts it down, always leaving it in ‘hibernate.’ Hmmm, password… password… ah! Got in!

 

Omo, my twin is so nice. What’s with Kahae and Haerin? I have a better idea, hihi.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Suddenly, his phone rang disrupting their silence. He answered the call and went outside. It was his manager. Meanwhile, Karin started serving dinner on the table, knowing that he just came back from a long trip.

 

Donghae went back inside after ending the call, and walked straight to the dining area. “Sit down, food is nearly done,” she said without looking at him. “Fishy, sit,” she ordered. Karin finally turned to face him, “What’s wrong?” His face was downcast, as he stared at the fo

Please log in to read the full chapter