CHAPTER 41: The Longest Journey

YOUR NO.1 FAN
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kahae is haunting meh~~ In my sleeping and waking hours~~ Woooohhhh~~

*floats like a ghost, big black bags under my eyes, lights following from behind*

I was walking home when the scenes suddenly appeared in my head that I had to walk really, really fast so that I won’t forget what I am supposed to write -_-“

Here is the next chappy~~

*creepy voice*

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Okay. Just stay here and I’ll be right back.”

Everyone in the room turned their heads and watched as Pau left the room, dialling a number in her mobile phone. Exchanging glances, they knew she was up to something, again. They may not understand how her mind works, but at least they know that her plan always works. Hira tapped Donghae’s shoulder and gave him an encouraging nod, which he replied with a smile. He knew his friend would do everything in her power to help him but there was this fear that gripped his mind and heart.

 

Hundreds of miles away, the one who filled his thoughts, was happily spending time with her parents. She hasn’t told them yet for she was waiting for that right moment. Everything seemed to be going smoothly as she planned – a barbecue party at the backyard with her parents. However, she had a strange feeling that something was amiss.

“Karin, guess who came to join us?” her dad enthusiastically announced as he opened the backdoor.

Karin quickly turned around, smiling, but her smile soon faded as she saw Jake step outside the house into the backyard. “Hi, Karin,” he greeted with a sly smile walking towards her.

Not wanting to cause a scene, she forced out a smile. “Hi. What brings you here?”

“I missed you, and I wanted to finally meet your parents,” he grinned.

“What for?” Karin kept her smiling face on as she tried hard not to raise her voice.

“I won’t let you be with him," he whispered.

“Bring it on,” she smirked, walking past him.

The two just declared war on each other, her parents completely oblivious of it all.

 

The rest of the guys resumed their scheduled activities that day and Hira tagged along. They still haven’t seen Pau since she left. They were having their lunch when she showed up.

Adjusting her wristwatch so that she could check the time, she said, “I have exactly 47 hours and 59 minutes to take you out of here and back.”

Chopsticks were suspended in the air as they tried to grasp what Pau just said. Turning their heads slowly towards her, mouths agape, they saw her snicker.

“You… I…,” Donghae pointed at her then back at him completely dumbfounded.

“Yes, mister. I’m taking you to your princess as promised. I practically begged my uncle who talked to Mr. Lee Soo Man.”

“Pau… I…”

“You are welcome oppa,” she beamed.

“Pau,” he was getting teary eyed once again.

“Oppa!! Didn’t you get what I just said? Let’s go, NOW!” she stomped her foot, before checking the time again.

Donghae was so overwhelmed, he couldn’t move. Pau marched towards him and pulled him up, “You would be the death of me! My head is at stake here! I have to bring you back in one piece or I’ll face the eternal wrath of my fellow ELFs and the entire SM ent population!” she exaggerated, stifling her laughter.

“Unnie, I’m going with you,” Hira quickly sipped water from the bottle and gathered her things.

“I’ll go to,” Eunhyuk put down his chopsticks, “He needs someone to keep him sane.” Everyone laughed at his statement as each one of them stood up to go with Pau and Donghae.

“Whoah, wait a sec guys,” she raised her hands, telling them to stop.

 “Hira, you can go,” she smiled at her dongsaeng, who squealed in happiness.

Then turning her attention to the other guys, she bowed in apology. “Mianhae, I can’t take all of you even if I wanted to. Please understand.”

“Aww, Pau~” All she received from them were their whines. Pau backed away smiling nervously at her oppas.

Leeteuk finally stepped in for her, “We still have tons to do. It is hard enough for us to ask permission for Donghae to take a leave and I know she must’ve have bargained a lot just to help him. Let’s not waste her efforts.”

“Thanks oppa,” she softly said, hiding behind him. Fortunately for her, the guys agreed and continued their lunch.

“Umm, there’s one more thing.” Everyone darted their eyes towards her again and she felt even more nervous. “No one has to know about Donghae leaving. Big boss says I have to take him out of the country and back  without the media and the whole world noticing his absence.” She put her palms together as she bowed a full ninety degrees once again. “So, can you please cover for him…err me… ah, I mean can you help me… him?” She shook her head clearly disoriented. How could she possibly keep the media and netizens from knowing? Thinking about it makes her head hurt but she had to stay focused for the plan to succeed.

“Please.”

Pau turned her head slightly to the owner of the voice and saw Donghae kneeling down on the floor, with his head bowed down. Clearly, she wasn’t thinking straight, for she too, ended up kneeling and begging for their cooperation.

“No need to do that Pau, Hae.”

She looked up and saw Hangeng reaching out his hand for her to take. He helped her to stand and Donghae stood up as well.

“Thank you so much everyone. This means a lot to me,” Donghae bowed once again in deep gratitude.

“Leave it to me,” Eunhyuk grinned, pointing his thumb towards his chest.

“Don’t listen to him,”

Please log in to read the full chapter