CHAPTER 1: CAPTURED

YOUR NO.1 FAN
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

"Karin!!" he called out as he ran towards a girl, who was busy reading the announcements in the bulletin board in the life science department. Her long, black hair was tied up in a pony tail, some strands loosely dangling on the sides of her face. 

"Oh, Jin. Hi." she casually greeted her friend, without even looking. She was jotting down important dates and reminders in her little handbook.

"You...you play... the piano, right?" Jin asked gasping for air.

"Yes and why were you running?" She then turned to her side to look at her friend, who is now sitting on the floor.

"I'll...I'll explain to you later...Just...just come with me," he replied.

Before she could even open , Jin grabbed her hand and literally dragged her from the life sciences building to the auditorium. 

"Hey, let go of me. Where are you taking me?" she protested, as she tried to break loose of his grip.

"Ok. So, they need a pianist for the intermission number of today's ceremony," he started. She was just looking at him and then realized the situation he got her into, "You did not!" Her chocolate round eyes glaring at her friend. He smiled apologetically and said, "I volunteered you...,” rubbing the back of his neck. 

"Jin! Why can't you ask me first before making a decision, especially when it involves me?!" She is now at her patience limit. 

"Sooorrrrryyyyy" He said with a sad face. "I just wanted to help Shi--"

"Shin!!" she didn't let her friend finish. "You have definitely fallen head over heels with her." He just blushed and shyly looked at her friend, a hand scratching the back of his head, "hehe". He let out a nervous laughter. "When I saw a troubled look in her face, I couldn't help it. And when I found out that they needed a pianist, you were the first person I could think of. Will you help me?" He pleaded. He knelt down in front of her, "Karin, it was my only chance with her." 

Students start crowding the hallway and were looking strangely at them."Hey, stand up! This is so embarrassing. They are staring at us." 

He was still on his knees, "Ka-rin...I’ll make it up to you... Ka-rin." He was like a kid asking for a candy.

"Aaahhh...alright, alright. I’ll do it. You owe me one," she agreed as she pulled her desperate friend up.

"Yes! You’re the best Karin! Promise, I’ll do everything you say," he stood up and hugged her.

She just laughed, "Okay, okay. Enough" She then broke away from his embrace. 

Karin and Jin, were childhood friends, but were separated when Jin moved back to Seoul. Just after 5 years, they were reunited, when Karin decided to study in the University of Seoul. Jin studied hard just to be in the same university as his friend. Both being the only child, they grew up as siblings. 

They finally arrived at the auditorium, just minutes away from their performance. In minutes, she found herself in front of the piano.  She is not good in front of an audience, but the mere sight of the piano, calmed her soul. Good thing, Jin always forced her to watch the performances made by Shin's group. She enjoyed it, the experience of having to play the piano with others. After their performance, she saw the students cheering, giving them a standing ovation. It was a wonderful performance. 

Backstage, Jin was waiting for her. "You were so cool, out there," he said as they did a high five. His attention then shifts to a girl who approached them. It was Shin. The cute and shy girl smiled and said, "Thanks for helping us earlier, Karin." 

"Glad I could h

Please log in to read the full chapter