Chapter 46: His Resolve

YOUR NO.1 FAN
Please log in to read the full chapter

Note: Italicized words enclosed in parenthesis are spoken in English.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

The doorbell rang, signalling their temporary separation. His time with her is almost up. Donghae and Karin gently broke their embrace, and stared deep into each other’s eyes one last time before going to the living room. Hands laced, Karin felt his fingers tighten around hers. Words need not be said and heard to know that he wanted to stay longer.

Jin opened the door widely, a grin plastered on his face. It was mission accomplished for him. “Come in, come in,” he gestured, as if he owned the place. Since he has become part of her family, it was natural for him to act that way.

“Uncle, auntie and Karin, meet our friends, Pau and Hira,” he announced, grinning.

The girls gave him a small nod, and then bowed courteously at her parents. “I’m Pau and my friend here is Hira,” she introduced and the younger one waved her hand, smiling. “We are here for Donghae.”

“Oh, so you were the friends he was telling me about, the ones who brought him here,” the father approached the two for a handshake. “I am Karin’s dad. It’s nice to finally meet you. Karin and Donghae are blessed to have friends like you.”

The two felt embarrassed with his kind words that Pau only managed to utter a simple, “Pleased to meet you too, sir. And it was nothing. Its wha-“

“What friends do for each other,” he continued and she couldn’t agree more. Her parents are really good people with genuine hearts, just like Karin. Looking at the girl beside Donghae, she knew her friend made the right choice.

Shortly after their conversation, Pau had to break it to Donghae.  “Oppa,” she was terribly sorry that they had to pick him up, guilt written all over her. “Sorry, but we have to go now.”

“No need to apologize. I owe you a lot for bringing me here and I don’t want to cause you any more trouble,” he said.

“How about me?”Jin pouted at the two, crossing his arms.

“Oh, I thought you wanted to stay longer but you can always join us back to Seoul,”Pau chuckled at his childishness.

Turning to his side to face her parents, Donghae bowed low and said, “Thank you for accepting me. I won’t betray your trust. I’ll be going now.”

“We are happy to have met such a fine young man. We give our blessings,” her dad placed a hand over his head, then his shoulder. He then turned to his daughter, “Karin, why don’t you go with them?”

Donghae looked at her with hopeful eyes, excitement building up inside him. All of him wanted to be with her, but at the same time, he didn’t want to take her away from her parents.

“I’ll stay dad. I’m sorry Fishy,” she lowered her head, as she placed both her hands on his.

He expected her answer for Donghae understands Karin very well.

“You spend time with them. It has been a long time since you went home to your parents. I’ll wait for you in Seoul,” he lifted her chin and stared deep into her eyes.

“Thanks for understanding.” The two walked hand in hand as they walked outside towards the cab; Pau, Hira and Jin ahead of them.

They were already at the front of the house when Donghae suddenly said, “Oh before I forget, Pau and Hira,” he called and the two turned around to face him. “Meet my girlfriend, Karin.” How long had he waited to introduce her as his, and it finally came true.

The two girls giggled seeing the wide grin plastered on his face.“Thanks for giving oppa a chance, Karin,” Pau smiled at her and looking at Donghae she said, “Finally, oppa. You look good together.”

“Karin-unnie, oppa could be really stubborn at times-“ Hira started but was suddenly cut off by his outburst.

“Yah, Hira!” Donghae exclaimed and laughter erupted around him. He lowered his head in embarrassment.

“I know,” Karin chuckled, obviously teasing Donghae.

He suddenly tilted his head up surprised to hear her agree. “Jagiya,” he whined. “I’m not stubborn.”

“So please extend your patience,” Hira continued, ignoring her oppa’s protests and pouting face.

Pau couldn’t help but laugh watching the two bicker in front of Karin. Donghae pouted even more, looking at Pau as if he was deeply hurt. He was expecting her to back him up, like she always did, but she turned her head away, covering with her hand, hiding her contagious laughter.

After gaining back her composure, Pau signalled them, once again, that it was time to go. The cab driver was getting impatient.

Donghae felt down once again, not letting go of her hand.

“Don’t be stubborn, you have to go now,”Karin teased as she released her hand from his.

“Yes, jagiya. Fishy is not stubborn. I will go now,”he pouted cutely and pecked her on the cheeks, before running towards the front passenger seat. “I love you jagiya!” he screamed at the top of his lungs, making her heart leap and the three giggle inside the cab.

“I love you too,” she mouthed, waving her hand at him as the cab drove off. Karin watched as they disappeared from her sight.

 

The three dongsaengs were playing all sorts of games at the back of the cab; while Donghae hummed as he watched the scenery they passed by. He liked the place, it was an island surrounded by wonderful beaches. How nice it would be to walk barefoot in those white sandy beaches with Karin, wearing her cottony white dress. The warmth of the sun, the cool breeze from the sea, the sound of the waves crashing, the sand underneath his feet and her soft hands in his - he smiled at the dream, hoping that it would come sooner. The deep blue that stretched to the horizon glistened under the sun reminding him very much of his home. One day, he would take her to Mokpo. His bright smile never left his face as he lose himself inside his dreams, oblivious of three sniggering dongsaengs mischievously taking photos of him.

Finally inside the private jet after smoothly getting past airport security check and stations, the four comfortably occupied the window seats, putting on their seatbelts. A few minutes after takeoff, the seatbelt sign went off and the three continued chatting away.

“For your hard

Please log in to read the full chapter