Chapter 43 The Longest Night (complete)

YOUR NO.1 FAN
Please log in to read the full chapter

Here is the complete chapter, thanks for waiting.

Note: Words written in italics and closed parenthesis means that it is spoken in Korean. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Anger blazed eyes shot deadly glares at Jake the moment he opened the door; the unexpected guests not uttering even a single word. Everything was conveyed through their eyes. The heat of the moment consumed the cold night breeze and Jake had to break up the tension between them, although he too, could not contain the jealousy erupting inside of him.

“Oh, hi, please come in,” was his awkward response, not finding the right words to say in such situation. He knows very well that he had ranked number one in their most annoying people list.

Jin eyed him from head to toe before entering the premises, purposely knocking Jake’s shoulder when he walked past him.  Jake was the reason for Karin’s tears and he would not forgive him that easily. Donghae followed Jin, not giving Jake a second look. The latter just stood there, quite amused and excited to watch what’s going to happen next.

“Jin,” Karin sprung up from her chair and approached her best friend still surprised and confused.

“Oh what a wonderful surprise Jinnie,” her mom greeted.

“Sit, sit and have dinner,” her dad gestured to one of the chairs.

Overwhelmed by their warm welcome, Jin found himself smiling foolishly and nervous thinking about the main reason for their sudden visit.

She was about to ask but her question was answered when her eyes were pulled into his. He was standing right behind Jin, the person she had been longing to see.

“Tha-thanks uncle, we have just eaten dinner.” He moved aside and motioned his hyung to step forward.

Locked inside their world, they could only see each other and hear the beating of their hearts. Finally, they were together. Fate sure orchestrated the series of events that led them frozen at that moment.

“Oh, you brought your friend along with you.” Her dad’s voice pierced through their gaze making them both feel uneasy.

Jin couldn’t look straight at him, finding the words stuck in his throat even though Pau already instructed him how to introduce his hyung.  “Ye-yes, uncle. He i-“

“Sorry for coming here at such late hour without prior notice,”Donghae said in Korean and bowed low in front of her parents. “I am Lee Donghae and I love your daughter.”

 

Both mother and father stared at him in complete shock, trying to process what they just heard. Their gaze shifted to their daughter who looked more surprised than them then back at him. She didn’t expect him to be that straightforward and bold. Her heart raced a million times faster, her breath hitched and she felt warm all over. Jin’s eyes popped and his lips parted not expecting it to happen so fast. He wasn’t prepared.

“So what are you going to do once you arrive there?” Pau’s question left Donghae perplexed. He turned his eyes to Jin, who just gave him a blank expression. He was just dragged in the situation.

“Seriously? Engaging in a battle without a plan?” She asked incredulously. Pau took great lengths, risking so much, just to bring him there. They aren’t going back empty handed.

“I-it’s not like that,” he started to defend himself. “I… I guess the words will come once I come face to face with her parents,” he lowered his head, unsure of his plan. Donghae just wanted to see her and to prevent Jake from having his way with Karin by telling her parents about what he feels. His goal was simple, yet very complicated.

“At least you should think of how to make a good impression the moment they see you.” Pau sighed deeply, closing the book she was reading. Two more hours left before they land.

“Okay, here is what I think… Jin should first introduce you,” Pau suggested starting to lay out her master plan, carefully choosing the words for him.

Jin gulped a lump that formed in his throat and whined, “Me? Why me?”

“And why not?” Pau threw his question back. When he couldn’t reply, she carried on with the planning. “Hira and I can’t go with you.

“Wh-“

Jin was about to retaliate when Pau put up her hand, telling him to let her finish first. “We can’t just barge in at this hour. Besides being strangers to Karin, we don’t have business inside that house.”

“I agree with unnie, that would be totally embarrassing,” Hira added.

“Jin, you have to remember this. You are like the key that would start the engine,” Pau firmly stated, shifting in her seat. “Once you got their attention with Jin’s help,” Pau continued, turning to her side to face Donghae, “Use that chance wisely to tell them… to tell them… what you need to tell them. You have to convey everything in the simplest way you can to avoid misunderstanding.”

Donghae nodded, noting every word she said in mind.

“Brief, clear but with impact,” she continued with emphasis on each word. “So what are you going to tell them?”

 

Donghae just did what his friend said- brief, clear but with impact, and it was a great impact indeed. The moment he voiced it out, it was as if he dropped a bomb that shook everyon

Please log in to read the full chapter