Mingming 01

Seventeen One Shots!

*Note: Mingming is not a trainee in this one since the one who requested this asked for him to be non-trainee. So if you’re wondering why there isn’t any other members’ name there then there’s your answer.

Update: OMO When I first posted it, I forgot the person wanted him to be a non trainee so I changed it for those who are confused. So sorry for the confusion. ><

Love At First Sight

It was a terrible cold day and it had snowed overnight but luckily it was only a light sheet of snow. It seemed ridiculous of having snow in spring during the month of April. Especially since the weather yesterday was warm and the sun was out shining.

You sighed at the constant falling snow but continued to progress on with your day. You adjusted your hat and walked towards the café.

As you were near to the destination, snow started to fall and it fell even harder than before. You quickly jogged towards the coffee shop and pushed open the door; leaving the chime to ring.

You went up to the cashier and ordered the usual. You casually tapped on the counter and looked around the café. Your attention was diverted to the chime on the door and there stood, two, three tall handsome boys.

You quickly looked away once you made eye contact with one of them and thanked the barista for the drink and food. You went to your usual spot, by the window and started to work on your homework.

Mingming glanced around the shop and his eyes laid on you as you stared out of the window from the distracting weather. He immediately broke away once you turned back to your laptop. Chen and Deshi nudged him back to their attention.

"Oh, uh yeah?" Mingming snapped back. "What drink do you want?" Chen asked. "Just get me a cookie, no drink," he replied and continuously stole glances at you. Luckily, for Mingming, you were too absorbed to notice any recent surroundings so it wouldn’t be so awkward for you.

Mingming stood behind his friends and let them converse as he stared at you. Of course, being the clever friends they are, they noticed his constant staring of Mingming.

"Stare any longer, I’m afraid you might burn her," Chen joked. Mingming snapped back into his friends’ attention and blushed. "I-I’m not staring," he said as he tried to cover up his obvious blown cover.

"Sure you weren’t! You definitely weren’t staring at the girl by the window nearly every second we’ve been in this shop," Deshi said sarcastically. This time, he blushed even harder. "I-I didn’t stare!" he defended himself.

"Then let’s go over there and sit near her to see whether or not you’ll catch her attention," Chen said and smirked as he took a sip of his drink.

His hyungs smirked as his face had turned nearly as red as a tomato. They casually walked passed you and as Mingming passed by, the both of you made eye contact. You blushed and looked away; not realizing he did the same.

You heard the chairs of the table on your right move and you got nervous. Since you were never good with boys, it made you nervous that the three of them decided to sit behind you out of all the other empty seats.

They were only barely a table away from you and you couldn’t help but glance over to their direction now and then. Especially since they were very distracting. Who wouldn’t find cute boys distracting? Cute, handsome, tall boys to be exact.

There was one particular boy that caught your attention though. The one you had made eye contact with twice. The one with the cat like eyes and jet black hair. They looked up and you immediately turned back and continued to work.

"Hey, why do I feel like butterflies are about to explode out of my stomach when I see you know who?" Mingming asked and both Chen and Deshi laughed.

"You’re attracted to you know who," Deshi said. Mingming’s eyes widened and he blushed. "Do you feel all ticklish in there?" Chen asked and playfully poked his chest towards his heart.

Was I really in love from just one sight? Is this what they call ‘Love at First Sight’? Mingming thought and he caught you stealing glances. Instead of looking away, he gave a small wave towards you with his charming smile which of course, made you blush. You quickly waved and turned back to work.

His heartbeat started to quicken and he smiled and looked down towards his cookie. “Did you just wave and smiled at her Mingming-uh?” Deshi asked and grinned. He didn’t answer but continued to smile to himself as he took small bits of the cookie and ate it.

The two looked at each other and smirked as if they had planned for this to happen. Chen pulled out of his phone, “Oh look, Deshi, our mom is looking for us.” “We should go, bye Mingming,” Deshi said and the two both exited. Mingming stared up and blinked twice; trying to process the fact that he was left alone between the him and the pretty girl by the window.

He gulped and continued to finish his cookie quietly. He suddenly felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and he pulled it out. Well, what are you doing just sitting there? Go get her number! He saw Chen text and he immediately looked around and out the window to see the both of them giving the ‘fighting’ sign.

Mingming tried to shoo them away as he finished up the last bit of his cookie and wiped his mouth. He threw it away in the trash and took a deep breath in. It’s love at first sight and if I make a move, something life changing might happen so fighting Mingming! He thought to himself.

He took one last deep breath in and then casually approached you. He sat right in front of you and you stopped typing. You raised a brow and closed your laptop. “Um, hi, there?” You said and awkwardly laughed a bit.

"Um, hey," he said awkwardly. There was a small silence as you put away your laptop into your bag. Mingming’s eyes widened, "I’m sorry if I disturbed you, I’ll leave instead of you moving seats." You laughed and tucked your hair behind your ear. "No, I was just putting away my laptop, I was finished with it anyways," you replied and smiled.

At the sight of your beautiful smile, Mingming was about to melt away like the snow was currently. “U-uh I-I’m Mingming and y-you are?” He stammered. He looks cute when he’s nervous. You thought and sent a small smile, “I’m _______. Nice to meet you Mingming.”

You extended your hand for a handshake and he moved his arm to return it but he accidentally elbowed your drink which cause it to spill all over your papers. You both gasped and you quickly took the napkins to wipe it all up.

Smooth move idiot. Mingming mentally face palmed himself as he helped clean up the mess. “I’m so sorry, I knew I shouldn’t have approached a pretty girl like you,” he said and mumbling the last part. You giggled quietly at the last part.

"Well luckily, half of these papers were either empty or I was planning to throw it away so it’s fine," you reassured him and he slightly smiled. "If anything, you made it much better by spilling the coffee over it." He laughed at your last comment and you did too.

"Well, I was thinking," he started. You raised a brow, "Oh? What were you thinking?" "I was thinking we should exchange numbers so that I could make up for the coffee on a date?" He said and smiled.

You grinned and nodded your head. “I’d love to,” you said and his small smile turned into a wide grin. “Well then shall we meet again tomorrow at 4? I’m sure the snow will be gone by then,” he said and you both laughed at the last comment.

"At 4," you said and handed him a piece of paper. You left the café, grinning like a fool as you walked back home. Mingming was also smiling non-stop as he left the café to meet up with his teasing friends. Maybe a cold snow day off from school wasn’t so bad after all.

Here’s your Mingming love. c; I hope this was fine since the first half I wrote it at like 6 am in the morning. Luckily, not much homework except for crap math homework so prepare for about two one shots coming your way!

-Admin L