Mingyu 02

Seventeen One Shots!

Finally got this one out too! Well, soon enough, I’ll get the 2nd part out!

Finally Noticed

The bell rang and you quickly dashed out of the classroom. With quick apologies from knocking over people, you were able to make it to the gym quick enough to get a good view.

Everyday, after school, you would always make a b-line to get to the gym just to watch your school’s basketball team. However, from the first few games you had watch, a certain player had stood out for you.

His height in particular, had stood out for you. He was one of the best basketball players on the team and his name, Kim Mingyu. In addition to his amazing basketball skills, he also excelled in academics. Not to mention his looks gave him additional points.

Though you weren’t the only one who had particularly noticed him, many other girls from various grades did too. Almost every girl would fawn over him, even if it was just once. Even you had a secret crush on him, but never would you want to admit so.

”_______!” You heard a voice call your name. You were greeted by a tight hug from behind and urged for release since you were running out of air. “Didn’t I tell you not to do that Hyeri?” You said as you gasped a breath.

She giggled and stood next to you. “Sorry, but I knew you’d be here to stalk your crush!” She whispered. “C-Crush? What do you mean? I’m just here to see our basketball team’s game that’s all,” you answered. You felt your cheeks rise a bit but tired your best to keep your cool.

"Oh yeah, you supposedly don’t have a crush,” Hyeri said. Though it was quite clear that there was a smirk on her face as she continued to watch the game.

It was quite crowded since the whole school and some students from the opposing side were watching too. It was the last match of the tournament and it was quite hard to get a good view, but luckily you were able to squeeze through the crowd.

Currently, they were on break and had a small practice. The crowd dispersed as some stayed. “Hey, look, there’s some empty seats over there!” Hyeri said. She pointed over to the other side and pulled your arm.

The two of you quickly made your way over to the stands, trying to avoid getting hit by the ball. However, just when you were about to take a seat next to Hyeri, you saw that the basketball was whirling towards you from the corner of your eye.

Quickly reacting, you flinched and waited for the ball to hit you. However, you didn’t feel anything but quite a deafening shout. “Hey guys! Didn’t I tell you to be careful of the audience?!” It was quite a familiar voice.

Opening your eyes, you saw a tall structure standing in front of you. Your eyes trailed up the back of his shirt to see a name. Min Gyu Kim. Staring at his back, you quickly fixed yourself up before he turned around.

"I’m so sorry about that, are you okay?" He asked as he turned around. He leaned forward to fully expect you, just to assure your safety. You nodded your head, "U-Uh y-yeah, thanks." He smiled and slightly bowed. "It’s nothing," he said. "Wait, your name is ______ right? Same age?"

You blinked quite a few times before responding. Though as you opened your mouth, you were interrupted by another shout. “AYE! NO FLIRTING!” It was the captain of the basketball team and you could hear his teammates snickering in the background.

"Alright, alright," he shouted back at him. "Well can I talk to you after the game?" He quickly asked, you were for a loss of words and only merely nodded. With that, he ran back to the court.

"Oh, flirting in broad daylight I see," Hyeri said. She nudged you with her elbow as you turned to her side and glared at her. "A-As if!" You responded. "Mmm, I see that you still can’t admit your crush on Mingyu," Hyeri said.

"W-What crush? I don’t like anyone and you know that!" You said. Hyeri simply smirked and pointed towards your face. "But your cheeks say otherwise," she said. You were a loss for words since your cheeks seem to always go against you. They were turning quite pink but you calmed down quickly.

The referee blew the whistle and the game started again. For the next 30 minutes, there were only a few shots and it ended up being a tie. Two minutes on the clock.

Clutching onto your uniform, you quietly wished for your school to win. One minute came and your team had possession of the ball. With quick passes and swift dodging, your team had earned two points just in time.

The buzzer went off and deafening screams roared across the gym. Your whole school started to celebrate and the basketball team huddled around. “We won!” Hyeri shouted with a grin on her face. You smiled back at her as you made your way down the stands.

After a couple of minutes, the huge crowd had broke apart with only a few people left. You were in the hallways, getting ready to leave but you heard faint shouts of your name.

Turning around, you saw a sweaty tall boy approaching you. The closer the figure came, you noticed it was Mingyu and froze up immediately. “Um, so I was wondering if I can talk to you for a second?” Mingyu said.

His chocolate brown eyes stared into yours, waiting for an answer. Since you were for a loss words and instead nodded. You moved to a more secluded area and he took a moment before he started to talk.

"S-So uh, I was wondering if you um, would um," he paused for a while before starting again. "Like to go on a d-date with me this Saturday?" You stared at him and blinked, trying to interpret what he had just said.

"O-Oh," was all that came out of your mouth. An awkward silence lingered in the air but you quickly mustered up all of your courage to answer him. "I-I’d l-loved to," you managed to stutter out.

His eyes lit up and a smile formed on his face. “G-Great! I-I’ll see you then, ” he said and left. Once he went out of your view, you clutched onto the wall to prevent yourself from falling.

Your knees went weak and you sat down on the nearby ledge. “…___! _______!” You looked up to see Hyeri running towards you and sat up right.

"What happened? Where we-" "Mingyu asked me out," you quietly whispered. "Wait what?!" Hyeri shouted.

So many questions circled your mind but one stuck out,

What just happened?

[***]

Confusion was the key word to describe how you felt. Along with excitement and anxiety. From the day Mingyu had asked you out on a date, your feelings have all be jumbled up to one big mess.

No matter how happy you were that he actually knows you and your name, you couldn’t help but feel quite worried of what were to come. Some of his fans acted quite vicious to other girls who were just engaged in a casual conversation with him. If they were that mean towards a few females talking to him, what will happen if they found out about your little date?

All these jumbled feelings had increased day by day as Saturday was just around the corner. Friday hit and the entire time throughout class, you couldn’t stop fidgeting. You’d always either be shaking your leg, tapping your foot or fiddling around with your thumbs.

Hyeri on the other hand, has been teasing you non-stop. That had only increase your anxiety, but you couldn’t hide your excitement from her. She of course, used it against you.

The teacher dismissed the class and though you would usually be quite content of the arrival of the weekend, it was different this time around. With the influencing factor of the date, you had mixed feelings about it.

As you were walking down the hallways, Hyeri surprised you from behind. “AND NOW, the day finally arrives!” She shouted and smiled triumphantly. She slung her arm around you and walked with you towards the lockers.

"Now, tell me miss, how do you feel about this?" She said in a spokesperson voice. "Oh hush Hyeri, you’re only making me even more nervous!" You said and pushed her arm off of your shoulder.

"Am I?" Hyeri said. She pointed at the end of the hallway and said, "Or is he?" You glanced down towards where she was pointing, only to see Mingyu and his group of friends.

You gulped and only hoped that you wouldn’t make a klutz out of yourself. The closer you approached him, the more nervous you got. “Hey Hyeri!” One of Mingyu’s friends greeted. Hyeri greeted him back and the two engaged into a conversation of their own.

Mentally cursing them, you tried to sneak away but Mingyu had stopped you. “So uh, um, meet me tomorrow at the coffee shop across the street?” He asked. Blushing, you nodded since talking never really worked out for you.

"So, um, w-what time s-shall we meet t-there?" You asked quietly, tucking a loosed strand of hair behind your ear. "Let’s meet there at around 12," he said. You nodded in response and the conversation finished there.

For quite awhile, there was an awkward atmosphere between the two of you until Hyeri finally ended the conversation with Mingyu’s buddy. “Well, we must be going, have a great weekend!”

As you continued forward, you turned back and surprisingly, Mingyu was staring at you. There was brief eye contact between the two of you. Mingyu’s lips curled into a small smile and he shyly waved at you. Before you turned the corner, you returned the smile.

"I totally saw that brief communication you guys had there with only your eyes," Hyeri giggled. "Already communicating through body language now are we?" You playfully rolled your eyes at her as the two of you quickly got ready and went home.

Flopping onto the bed, you closed your eyes and took a deep breath in. You tried to get rid of all the anxious thoughts however you kept side tracking and wounded up back to the thoughts yet again.

Trying this a couple of times, you gave up about thirty minutes later. “I wish there was an easier way to get rid of these thoughts,” you groaned. The rest of the night, you tried various techniques to calm yourself down but it didn’t seem to work at all.

Giving up, you took a long shower and went to sleep. Sleep seemed like the only option to cure your anxiety, even if it was temporarily.

[***]

For about two hours, you were rummaging through your closet for cute clothes to wear. They were either too old, too childish or too out of style for your liking.

Eying the clock, it was about a quarter after 11. Sighing in defeat, you took your floral dress and a cardigan as you quickly took a shower. Then you dashed outside of the house due to how late you were.

Time was not on your side and you were currently running late for your date. Stupid, stupid, stupid. You thought as you ran in your sandals towards the meeting place.

Looking around for him was quite easy since his height made him quite conspicuous through the crowds. Mingyu spotted you and smiled as he started to approach you.

"Sorry I’m late," you panted. Mingyu gave you a reassuring smile, "No worries." He was staring at your current attire which made you feel a bit self consciousness. Do I look weird?

In addition to your floral dress and cardigan, you managed to braid your hair and formed it into a headband. “U-Uh, do I look weird or is there something on my face?” You asked him after a few minutes of his staring.

He snapped out of his thoughts and stared at your eyes. “N-No! You look beautiful,” he mumbled the last part. Though you could barely make out what he said, you blushed after hearing a soft whisper of ‘beautiful’.

"So, s-shall we go eat?" You asked. He nodded in agreement as the two of you went to a fast food restaurant. For the entire time, throughout the walk and the receiving the food, there was always an awkward atmosphere between the two of you.

Despite the fact that both of you tried to carry out a proper conversation, it would always end with one simple answer.

Seated at the table, the two of you ate in complete silence. After finishing up your meal, you couldn’t take the silence and decided to pluck up the courage to start a proper one.

"So uh-" "You’re bored of me and you hate me right?" Mingyu abruptly asked. He was playing with a fry in his hand and his eyes were glued to the red tray that was filled with his food.

"Huh?" You stared at him with a puzzled expression before letting out a soft laugh. "See? You are," Mingyu said. He stared up at you with a disappointed look, a glint of sadness in his eyes.

"No, you’ve got the wrong idea!" You said. "T-To be honest with you, I’m just really nervous and I don’t know what to say." Mingyu stared at you for a few seconds before cracking into a smile.

He sighed in relief and chuckled. “Okay good, I am also too,”  he admitted. For the next bit, you discussed on how nervous the two of you were and how you felt. It was relieving, having to find it he was thinking the same as you were.

"So, how about we redo this date?" Mingyu suggested as the two of you left the restaurant. You nodded in agreement and smiled, "I’d like that." "Um, would you like to walk around to get to know each other?" He asked. "I-I’d loved to," you replied.

As you walked towards the nearby park, the crowds were getting bigger and even more hectic. You found yourself lost within the crowds with Mingyu nowhere to be seen. Just as you were about to turn around, you felt someone reach for you arm.

Just as you were about to scream, a voice calmed you down. “Don’t worry, it’s just me,” you heard. Turning around, you saw Mingyu. “I guess we should uh, hold hands so that we don’t lose each other,” he said. His cheeks were pink but it was very faint.

Being speechless at the current moment, you nodded your head as your cheeks turned a bright shade of pink. He laced his fingers with yours and led you towards the park.

For the rest of the afternoon, it was filled with laughing, occasional teasing and of course, awkward moments. None the less, you’ve create some happy memories with Mingyu. It was probably one of the best days of your life.

Dusk was about to arrive and Mingyu walked you to your house. “Well, um, thanks for today,” you said. He scratched the back of his neck and shyly smiled. “No problem, it turned out to be much better than what I planned.”

"Well, um, have a good night," he said. Just as he was about to go, you quickly grabbed his arm. "Wait," you said. He turned and his eyes widened.

You pecked him on the cheek before releasing his arm. “Thanks a lot, it was probably one of the best days I’ve ever had,” you said with a grin. His cheeks turned pink and he smiled back at you. “M-Me too, night _______,” he said as he left.

You watched as his back was slowly disappearing out of your sight. Today wasn’t as nerve wrecking as you sought it to be.

I am finally finished this! :D I hope you enjoyed this uh two shot!

-Admin L