Mingyu 01

Seventeen One Shots!

*Note: You’re 19 in this one shot and Seventeen had already debuted. There was also no genre specified to whoever had request it so I made it angst/fluff.

Wanting You Back

It's been three years since you’ve last seen him. Three years. You never anticipated in seeing him there, at that place with the water fountain. You never thought you’d cross paths again, after what happened in the past.

Flashback

It was a gloomy, rainy day. The rain was non stop for the past few days and you wondered if the rain would ever stop. You sighed as you opened your umbrella again.

You started to walk towards the noodle shop, your boyfriend told you to go to, though luckily, the rain stopped. You sighed in relief and closed your umbrella.

You looked around and everyone seemed to be in a sad mood, does the weather really affect one’s mood? You lingered in your thoughts for a while until you reached the destination.

You glanced through the window and saw your boyfriend sitting there. However, he wasn’t as perky and happy as he usually was. He looked…depressed. How unusual, you thought as you walked into the noodle shop.

You saw your boyfriend, Mingyu glance up at the door chime and he motioned you to come and sit. He didn’t smile as he usually did when you saw each other.

You took a seat and stared at Mingyu. There was a few minutes of silence. Pure silence between the two of you. Something was very unusual between the two of you. It wasn’t ever like this before and you began to become anxious, thinking something might have upset him from before.

You spoke up, having to be fed up from the silence, “Mingyu-ah, you-” “_______, let’s break up,” he interrupted you without making eye contact. He maintained eye contact outside.

"W-what?" You said, trying to interpret what he just stated. "______, I want to break up with you," he bluntly stated it again. You blinked twice and stared blankly into space. Did he actually say the words you never wanted to hear him say?

"Wae Mingyu? Wae? Did I do something wrong?" You asked, trying your best to hold back the tears. "I, I found someone new. You were being to clingy towards me and you never seemed to care about anything. You’re too stubborn and always worried and jealous, I can’t put up with it anymore," he said but this time, he looked straight through your eyes.

You stared back at his eyes. Where was the happiness in his eyes? What ever happened to him smiling all the time? His silliness? Where did all his feelings go? His eyes seemed to always display his feelings.

This time, his eyes seemed soulless, as if he someone had possessed him. “Goodbye ______,” he said as he got up and left the noodle shop.

You stared outside and finally let the tears freely stream down your face. The rain seemed to have started again but this time, it seemed like the weather was crying along with you. It seemed like it felt as sorrow as you did.That day was the worst day of your life.

Having your three year boyfriend to just leave you like that for another girl. Another girl who seemed to be better than you. Had better qualities that it seemed you didn’t possess.

End of Flashback

It was from then on, you moved due to your parent’s job relocation but you moved back after three years. Since you moved back, you decided to visit some favourite places from when you were younger.

You decided to go to a nearby place, the water fountain. Then there you were, standing there as he was sitting there on the stoney ledge as you both maintained eye contact. All the memories had started to flow back and replayed in your head.

You shook it off and broke off the eye contact, seeing as you were about to burst into tears. You walked away as quick as you could. You looked back in relief to see that he was out of your sight.

Did you still love him? Of course you did. You couldn’t forget all the happy memories you had together, through all the sad, angry, silly times.  You missed him greatly and you always thought of him. You missed fooling around with him, his chocolate brown eyes, his smile, his..everything.

As you stared back and started to slowly walk again, your tears started to flow down your cheeks slowly. You sniffled and wiped your tears as you continued to walk on.

You stopped walking as the tears started to fall faster and harder. You started to cry as the memories you were trying so hard to repress just fought back and replayed over and over again in your head.

As you wiped away your tears, you felt someone pull you into an alleyway. You blinked away the tears to see the familiar face that you’ve been avoiding to see. You looked away in pain as tried to walk away until he back you up against a wall.

"Let me go! Just let me leave!" You shouted. You tried your best to move out of his grip but he didn’t allow you to. "What do you want from me? You were the one that broke up with me! You were the one that threw me away! Threw us away! You said I was too stubborn and jealous! You said I was too clingy! You-“

You felt his lips are yours but you refused to kiss back. Deep down inside, you wanted to kiss his soft lips back but you refused to because of the anger that’s built up inside of you ever since then.

You pushed him off of you and slapped him in anger. “Wae?! WAE?! You left me! And now since we just met each other again you think we can go back to the old times again? Do you think we can get back together again? You hurt me Kim Mingyu! You hurt me,” you yelled. 

He was unresponsive and you huffed, “Don’t play around with me! If you don’t have anything to say then I’ll leave.” He finally looked up to you and your eyes widened in shock. His eyes were red and puffy from crying so much. You wondered if you either slapped him too hard or that it was tears from before.

You stood there and were about to leave until he finally spoke him.

"I miss you," he whispered and he slowly moved his hand to your cheek. You also started to cry again too. Your feelings were all mixed; you didn’t know whether you were happy, sad or angry. "If you missed me, then why would you go having another girlfriend? Why would you leave me for another girl?" You asked as you stared at the ground in pain.

"Listen, I-I lied about leaving you for another girl. I didn’t want to but management forced me," he explained quietly. "And you didn’t have the guts to stand up for our relationship?" You whispered and wiped away your tears.

"I refused multiple times but they threatened my position in Seventeen and they said that they would’ve forced you to break up with me," he said. You stood there quietly and sniffled.

"But they promised me something," he whispered. "They promised me that after our debut, they’d let me come back to you but you left without a word. Without saying a word to anyone so all these years, while we had our concerts, I was looking around for you. I regretted not telling you the proper reason and letting you go to see you disappear for three years."

 You slowly looked up to him and stared into his chocolate brown eyes. The eyes you missed looking into. “There hasn’t been a day that’s passed by where I haven’t thought of you, cried over you, missed you,” he whispered. “I’m sorry _______. I wished I could’ve made a better decision and avoid ever letting you go.”

You were speechless. You didn’t know whether to accept his apology and start all over again or to continue to be angry at him. You just stood there staring through his eyes, debating on which decision to make. Which choice to choose that you won’t regret.

As you were so caught up in your thoughts, he slowly leaned down to kiss you. He closed his eyes, hoping you would return the kiss and had felt the same way but you just stood there, still in your state of shock. He pulled back and looked away in pain. “I’m sorry for forcing a kiss on you. I should’ve known you moved on,” he said and he walked away.

You grabbed his arm and turned him around. You threw your arms around his neck and kissed him without even knowing what you were doing. Slowly, he started to kiss you back.

Both of you pulled away panting. “I missed you so much,” you whispered into his ear and embraced him tightly. He hugged you back tightly as you both enjoyed the quiet moment of finally being able to enjoy each others’ company.

You both slowly pulled away from each other but were still holding each other. “I want you to come with me for a second,” he said as entwined hands with you.

You both walked side by side slowly towards the destination. He stopped in front of the fountain from where you both previously had seen each other.

He gripped your hand tightly as he looked towards you and asked, “Do you remember the time we got together?” Your mouth slowly formed a smile as you thought back to it.

Flashback

You were 13 then when you confessed. It was mediocre that day. The sun was barely shining since the clouds were covering the sun but it wasn’t dark grey clouds. You went outside towards your usual thinking spot; the huge, beautiful water fountain in the park.

You wanted to have some time alone outside just to think. Lately, you’ve been debating whether you should or shouldn’t confess to your all time crush, Kim Min Gyu. You were best friends ever since you were both 6.

He was always there when you needed him and you were always there when he needed you.

You were afraid of being rejected by him. You weren’t really afraid of a ruined friendship because a small confession can’t destroy your strong bonds between you and him.

Just then, Kim Mingyu had been walking by and noticed _______ sitting on the stoney ledge of the water fountain, staring blankly into space as usual.

He went up in front of you and waved his hand in front of your face. It didn’t work and he snapped his fingers in front of your face. You were still completely oblivious to his existence.

"I wonder if he likes me back," he heard you mumble. He suspected you were day dreaming of some sort so he dipped his hand in the water and flicked it towards your face. He kept on doing it until you finally snapped out of your thoughts and felt the presence of cold water on your face as well as Mingyu.

"Yah! Kim Mingyu! What do you think you’re doing?" You shouted as you wiped the water off your face. "You were staring blankly in space and you didn’t notice me even after I waved my hand and snapped my fingers!" He explained as he sat down next to you.

"Now, who’s this guy you like?" Mingyu asked, secretly hoping it was him. "Hmm? Oh, it’s no one, I was just wondering if um, uh, this guy in my class didn’t actually hate my guts and would like to be my friend," you lied and looked to the ground while lightly biting your lip, hoping he bought your see through lie.

Mingyu scoffed, “Come on ______! It’s too obvious to tell when you’re lying.” “Okay, okay, it’s a guy I’ve known for a while now, I was just debating whether or not I should confess to him” you said as you raised your hands in surrender.

"What’s this guy like?" Mingyu asked, trying to not let his jealousy show. "Oh well uh, he’s very nice, tall, funny, he loves to smile, I always melt whenever I look into his eyes and well I could go on and on so I’ll stop there," you said and smiled. Mingyu slightly frowned as you talked. He felt like a dagger had pierced through his heart.

"What about you?" You asked. "Hmm? Oh, me? Well this girl you see, she has nice eyes, she loves to laugh, she blanks out a lot, she’s slow at catching up but she’s very cute when she’s clueless, she’s very kind and easy going, just like what you said, I could go on and on about her," he said, hoping you would take the hint of blanking out. You hear sank to your stomach. The girl he just explained seemed nothing like you.

"O-oh well, I guess an easy going girl and a kind one would suit you well," you said. "Or someone who’s tall and pretty would suit you too. Maybe a girl that’s-" You felt Mingyu’s lips on yours and it took you by surprise. You kissed back but he pulled away shortly afterwards. "Maybe a girl that’s you," he whispered in your ear.

You blushed and looked away. you couldn’t believe that he actually liked you back. It was actually reality and it wasn’t a dream. Mingyu used his finger to turn your head to face him. “So what’s your answer?” He asked. “Huh? What answer? You never asked me a question,” you said even though the question was quite obvious.

He chuckled, “Will you be my girlfriend ______?” “What do you think dummy?” You giggled as you both leaned in for another kiss but a group of little kids were running pass you and you were both pushed into the water fountain; causing the both of you to be soaked.

You both stared at each other then bursted into laughter as you got out of the fountain. You jumped into his arms and had a sweet kiss. You didn’t care as to how many people were staring at you.

End of flashback

"Yeah I do," you said. "Good because we’re going to redo that moment," he said and you turned to give him the ‘Dude you’re crazy’ look. He stared back at you as if it was a normal thing. "Yah Mingyu, it’s late at night and you want to jump into a water fountain?" You questioned him in disbelief.

“Come on ______! Let’s do it,” Mingyu said and and before you can even protest, he lifted you up and carried you as he walked right into the fountain then placing you down. “YAH! KIM MINGYU! WHAT IN THE WORLD-”

You were cut off by a kiss from him. You were about to pull away but instead, you decided to kiss him back. After about a minute later, you both pulled away, panting for some air.

"You’re crazy Mingyu!" You said. "They said that if a couple kisses by this water fountain, they stay together forever," he said and smiled. "You said by! Not IN THE WATER FOUNTAIN!" You said and huffed.

Mingyu frowned, “Well isn’t it a good way to restart our relationship?” You looked at him as he pouted and of course, being you and having a weak spot for his cuteness, you gave in.

"Will you promise that we’ll be together forever Mingyu?" You asked. "I promise," he whispered as he leaned in for another kiss.

Well, hoped you enjoyed it! I’m working on the Wonwoo x Reader next so hope you look forward to it!

- Admin L