Junhui 01

Seventeen One Shots!

Enjoy this Junhui one shot! Have some free Junhui love~

Bakery

"One slice of marble cake Hyerin!" You shouted as you untied your apron. "Okay, you can have your break now, I’ll ask Kwangmin to cover for you," Hyerin replied as she took went back into the kitchen.

You sighed in relief as you hung up your apron. You were working part time at your family’s bakery and since your parents were out of town for the month, your sister and other co-workers had to work extra hard.

It was a dreadful job for you, you had no social life whatsoever but it wasn’t that bad. You’ve noticed a certain person that have become a regular.

The person was a boy who you admired for coming to the bakery nearly everyday. He would always come during your break but you’ve never been able to interact with him properly.

Although you never actually interacted with him, you wanted to get to know him. You didn’t know his name either which Hyerin and and the other co-workers would tease you about.

The doorbell chimed and you looked up to see him entering the shop. There he is. Right on time. You thought and smiled as he sat down at the usual spot he would always sit at.

You were sitting alone at a table while playing with your phone. Hyerin coughed and pointed over at the boy who was sitting at the table. You glanced up and rolled your eyes as you went back to your phone.

There was another chime at the door and your head jolted up to see a family of four walk in. It’s too bad that there aren’t any seats left… You thought as Hyerin dealt with the family.

"I’m sorry to say this but we do not have any seats left but if you could come back in 15 minutes then that would be great," Hyerin said apologetically. The family frowned and sighed as they turned around to leave.

"Um, excuse me but you could have my table," you heard someone say. You looked up to see the boy offering his table to the family. "Are you sure?" The father of the family asked and the boy nodded.

"I was just waiting for my friend but I found her," he said and pointed over at your direction. Your eyes widened a bit. You turned around to see if you could find any of his friends that he would usually come with.

You were still looking around until you were startled by a new, yet familiar voice, “May I sit here?”

You turned around to see the tall boy standing in front of you, talking to you. Your heartbeat skipped and you slowly nodded your head. His mouth formed into a wide smile as he pulled the chair out to sit down.

"Hello, I’m Junhui," he said and extended his hand. "I’m __________, nice to meet you Junhui," you said and shook his hand.

He smiled and the two of you let go of each others’ hands. Shortly after the small introduction, an awkward silence lingered in the air.

Then suddenly, Hyerin came up to your table and placed down a plate with a piece of cake. “Here’s your Angel cake,” Hyerin said. She sen you a playful wink before leaving.

You rolled your eyes and blushed. “Would you like to eat some cake with me?” Junhui asked and you gladly took the spoon he handed you. “Sure,” you replied.

The two with  you ate the cake quietly with some occasional small talks on how good the food was. You were finally fed up with the silence and you wanted to start up an actual conversation but you didn’t know what to say.

"Sorry for being so direct but I’ve noticed you’re here a lot," Junhui said. You nodded, "Yeah, I work here and it’s my family’s bakery." You took another bite of the Angel cake.

"Oh, really?" He asked surprised, "That’s so cool. This is actually my favourite bakery in town." You giggled, "Yeah I’ve noticed a lot. You come here a lot." Junhui blushed which made you crazy.

You also blushed since you finally were able to talk to the boy that you admire from afar. You used your spoon and took another piece of the cake. You stuffed it into your mouth and enjoyed the delicious cake.

He chuckled and you looked at him confused. “What’s wrong?” You asked. He took a napkin and wiped the left corner of your mouth. “You have some icing on your face,” he said.

You blushed at his cute remark. “O-Oh, t-thanks,” you stammered. You both had a nice conversation going as you finished up the cake. You wiped your mouth away with a napkin as you placed the spoon on the plate.

"Oh and I was wondering about something," you started. "Hmm?" He said. "It’s not like I have anything against you ordering this but why do you always order Angel cake? Is it your favourite?" You asked.

He laughed and shook his head, “No it’s not my favourite but I really do like Angel cake.” You smiled and laughed lightly too. “But,” he paused for a moment.

"Go on," you said and he gave you his winning smile. "But I also eat it, hoping that one day an Angel would speak to me," Junhui said. You raised a brow, "Oh? Who’s this angel?"

He pointed his finger at you, “I’ve finally be able to speak to the Angel from mustering up all my courage. Luckily, she also spoke to me.” Your cheeks rose a bright colour of red.

Your stare went downward towards the table. You tried to hide your best to hide you blush away from him. “Ayee, don’t hide your beautiful face,” he said.

He lifted his hand and placed it on you chin. He slowly lifted your chin up until you both made eye contact. This made your cheeks glow a brighter shade of pink.

He released his hand from your chin and you used your hand to slightly cover your mouth. “You’re really cute when you blush,” he commented. Damn this boy…. You thought as your smile grew wider and wider.

"Ahem," you heard someone clear their throat. You turned your head to see Hyerin standing at your table. "I’m sorry to interrupt your little date but you need to get back to work __________, your break was over 20 minutes ago," Hyerin said. Junhui placed the money on the bill and neatly cleaned up.

"It’s not a date," you muttered at her. Hyerin ignored your comment and turned towards Junhui. "Sorry about taking her away but we urgently need her now since it’s getting busier now," Hyerin said.

She walked away with the dirty plate and money. You got up from the table, sighing. “It was nice talking to you but I have to go now,” you said. You were about to leave until you felt him grab your wrist.

"Hey, I can help since it seems like there’s a mass of people coming in," Junhui suggested with a smile. Your eyes widened and you shook your head, "It’s fine, we can-" You were interrupted by something hitting your face.

"Pass it to the boy, put it on properly for him," you heard Hyerin say. You took the apron off your face and you saw her wink at you. She mouthed the words, 'Have fun' then went back to the costumers.

You placed the apron on the table. “Okay so, do you know how to put on an apron?” You asked him and he nodded. “Okay good, I’ll hang up your coat while you put this on,” you said.

He got up from the chair and stripped off his coat. He handed it to you and you walked into the back room. You quickly put on your apron as you grabbed two small notebooks and pen.

You walked back towards him to see him struggling with the apron. You giggled quietly as you approached him. “Need help?” You asked and he nodded his head vigorously.

"Yes please," he said and you walked up to him as you untied the messy knot he did with the apron. Your face turned red from being so close to his chest.

You quickly untied and fixed the apron back into place. You were in the midst of tightening it until you felt someone bump you from behind. You were pushed and moved closer to Junhui.

Your face turned as red as a tomato as you heard Kwangmin apologize. After quickly tying the apron, you quickly backed away from him. “There you go,” you said.

"Thank you," he said. You handed him the notebook and pen, "All you have to do is take the orders and just tell Kwangmin it, he’ll call you up after when the order is ready." He nodded and the two of you quickly went and served the new costumers.

For the next 2 hours or so, it was an exhausting and busy hours due to many costumers coming in and many orders being placed. Though it was fun since you and Junhui sneaked in some time to talk to each other. Of course, Hyerin would tease you afterwards.

"Finally!" You sighed in relief as the store sign flipped to 'closed'. You pulled out a chair and sat down in front of the cash register. “Thanks everyone for helping!” Kwangmin shouted as the other co-workers left the shop.

"Thanks a lot Junhui for helping," you said. "I owe you one." "Well maybe you could owe me a date?" He asked and smirked. You blushed and hid your face in your hands.

"She says yes, a definite yes, when and where will it be?" You heard Hyerin asked. You took a piece of candy from the small candy box up front and threw it at her.

"Hey! I’m just answering for you!" Hyerin said. You rolled your eyes, "I’d love to go on a date with you Junhui-ssi." He smiled, "Great, what time are you free tomorrow?"

"Oh, I’m not off until-" "She’s free all day tomorrow! Feel free to take her and do whatever you want to do!" Hyerin said. She sent a wink and you playfully rolled your eyes.

"Okay so pick you up at 10?" He asked and you nodded. "Let’s meet here then," you said and he nodded. "Well I have to go now, I’ll see you tomorrow," he said.

You nodded and you waved at him. He turned and walked away but he turned back around. “Oh, I forgot something,” he said. You turned around and raised a brow, “What did you forget?”

"This," he said and he kissed you on the cheek. "Good night," he whispered in your ear. You heard the door chime behind as you were sitting dazed from what just happened.

"Oh my god!" Hyerin squealed. Hyerin was jumping all over the place and you joined her. "You guys are weird," Kwangmin commented. You both ignored it as you let your happiness take over you for the rest of the night.

Another one shot! Yes! Requests, requests, yes I know! I’ll have them out soon, I promise you. As soon as I can get it out!

Hoped you enjoyed!

-Admin L