Chapter 48 : Hang on

Perhaps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Tik.. Tok.. Tik.. Tok..

6.45 PM

Yoona stared at the clock that was hanging on the wall. Approximately, in another 3 hours, her black pearl will be leaving this land. She was still trying to accept the fact that Kwon Yuri was going to leave her. Now she knew how it felt when someone that you adore the most was about to leave. It hurt so much. Somehow, it made her think about all the decisions that she had made recently. Should she tell them the truth? Should she just stayed silent and let the girl that she loves left without knowing how she really felt about her? All sorts of questions were running through her mind.


BEEP! BEEP!


<< Let’s hang out. Miss you. >>

Yoona sighed as she read the text from the shikshin. She was missing the other girls too.

<< Where to? >>


BEEP! BEEP!


<< Nick’s bar. Tonight is the performance night. Might as well play some song today. Hehehe..”

<< Okay, I’ll bring Hye Sun unnie and Hyun Joo unnie too. Meet you there in half an hour.”


BEEP! BEEP!


<< Cool! The more the merrier.>>


+++++


-Incheon International Airport-

A tanned girl was pushing her trolley as she walked into the airport. Two of her friends were walking right behind her. They went to the check in counter as she put all her baggage on the counter. As she waited for her luggage to be check in, she checked her phone. She was hoping that she would receive a call or even a text from a certain doe eyes girl.

“Here is your boarding pass miss.”

Yuri smiled as she took the ticket from the lady.

“Thank you.”

She walked towards her friends who were sitting on the bench, waiting for her.

“Well, all my stuff are on their way into the plane’s tummy. Hehehe.. My flight is in another hm, an hour an a half, I guess.” She said as she looked at her watch.

“Let’s crash at the café over there. Don’t know when we will meet you again. So might as well use this time as good as we can.” Taeyeon said.


+++++

-Nick’s bar-


“Yo, Yoong! Over here!!”

Yoona smiled as she heard and saw her best friend calling and waving at her. She waved back to her and pulled Hye Sun unnie along.

“Hi unnie!”

Hyoyeon, Sunny and Sooyoung greeted the elder as she sat beside Yoona.

“Where’s Hyun Joo unnie?”

“She still stuck at the studio. Seems like her photo shoot gonna end late tonight.”

“Well then let’s have fun with us!” Hyoyeon said excitedly.

The girls were well aware of Yuri’s departure tonight. That was the reason for tonight’s meeting. They decided not to let Yoona be alone as they knew Yoona was having a hard time right now. They didn’t want her to do any stupid thing.

“Hey, girls.. “

“Hey Nickhun! You don’t look really good tonight. What’s up with you?”

Hyoyeon asked the owner of the car who was also their good friend. They have been friend with Nickhun for awhile, since he opened the bar. They were his regular customer.

“Hm…I’m having some problem with today’s performance.”

“Huh? Why?”

“The artist that should be performing could be late. I’ve try calling him but, he said it might take him awhile to come here. And as you can see, I have some important client today. I don’t wanna give a bad impression to them regarding on my business here. I really hope someone could actually fill in his place just for awhile.”

The girls nodded their head as they felt sympathy towards Nickhun. Suddenly, Hyoyeon snapped her finger as the other turned their head to her.

“Yoona!”

“Huh? “ Yoona frowned confusedly when Hyoyeon suddenly called her name.

“She can perform for you.” She said while grinning.

Nickhun face brightened up as he heard the suggestion from Hyoyeon. He looked at Yoona with hopeful eyes.

“Wh—What? Me? No! No! I don’t—“

“Come on Yoona. Among us, you’re the best. I know you can do it. Plus, do you really have the heart to see our deary Nickhun have problem with the client? Do you?”Sooyoung said with her puppy eyes.

Yoona sighed dejectedly. “Fine…”


+++++


“How long are you planning to go?” Jessica suddenly asked.

“I—I don’t know. Till I’m ready, I guess.”

Taeyeon looked at her friend. She could see the pain that she was having. However, she couldn’t deny the fact that Yuri still loved Yoona no matter what the girl had done to her.

“Maybe you shouldn’t go, Yuri.”

Yuri stared at Taeyeon.

“How can I stay here Tae, when the girl that I love is not having the same feeling as mine. How can I holds my feeling whenever I’m with her? What if one day, she met someone else? Do you think I would be okay with that?”

Taeyeon sighed. She knew Yuri was right. But, somehow her heart was telling her that Yoona was up to something. She did this purposely. If only Taeyeon could figure out the reason for Yoona’s action…

“In fact, she would be glad with this. I can feel that she’s trying to push me away from her.”

Suddenly, Yuri’s words remind her of the conversation she had with Yoona when they were having BBQ at her place awhile ago.



“Do you have someone special in your life right now?”

Taeyeon asked her while putting the meat on the grill.

Yoona smiled at the question.

“Yes and no.”

“Huh? “ Taeyon frowned as she was confused with Yoona’s answer.

Yoona chuckled lightly as she looked at the lost girl.

“I already find someone that worth a place in my heart. But…I don’t think she knows about it. So, I’m pretty much alone right now.”

“Why didn’t you tell her?”

Yoona came to halt. She looked at Taeyeon and smiled bitterly.

“Cause I don’t want to make her life miserable and full with sadness. It’s better for me to let her go without letting her know how I feel about her.”

Before Taeyeon could respond to her words, Yoona already walked away.



Taeyeon was in deep thought as she let her fiancé have some time with Yuri.


“It’s better for me to let her go without letting her know how I feel about her.”

“ I can feel that she’s trying to push me away from her.”



“Something is definitely wrong here.“ Taeyeon said inside her mind as she tried to connect the two statements from Yoona and Yuri.


+++++


“Give a big applause to Yoona~”

Nickhun announced as Yoona took her place. She decided to play a song that suited her the most right now. After telling the band about the song, she sat in front of the piano.


~ Lovey Dovey Dovey Uh Uh Uh Uh
Lovey Dovey Dovey Uh Uh Uh Uh
I will definitely find you
Someone who will melt me, who’s been frozen for so long
Where exactly are you?


Sooyoung who was excited to watch Yoona’s performance quickly pick up her phone.

“Hello?”

“Sooyoung. Where are you?”

“Huh? Tae? Well, I’m at Nick’s bar. What’s up?”

“Where’s Yoona? Is she with you?”

“Ya. She—“

Sooyoung didn’t manage to finish her words as she heard the music was being played. Yoona was playing the piano and the melody was so soothing yet she could feel the sadness in it.


click here.( highly recommended)


neul ttokgateun haneure neul gateun haru
Always under exactly the same sky, always exactly the same day
geudaega eomneun geot malgoneun dallajin ge eomneunde
Other than your not being here, there’s nothing different at all



“Is—Is that Yoona?” Taeyeon asked hesitantly.

“Hm…ya.” Sooyoung answered and nodded as if Taeyeon could actually see her. Her eyes were still fixed on the young girl who was performing on the stage.

Everyone in the club was focusing on her. Somehow the song and her lovely voice had drawn everyone into it.

“Soo, keep the phone on. Don’t hang up!” Taeyeon said.



nan utgoman sipeunde da ijeun deusi
I just want to smile, want to forget everything
amuil aneun deut geureoke
Just like absolutely nothing has happened
useumyeon salgopeunde
Smiling to live my days


As she sang, the memories that she had with her black pearl flashed through her mind.


She stopped on her track as she saw a beautiful lady with a wavy black hair was standing few meters from her. The lady was too immersed in observing the flowers around her. Yoona slowly brought up her DSLR and carefully captured the stunning lady in front of her. Luckily, the lady was too focused that she was oblivious of Yoona’s presence.

She braved herself to approach the lady.

“It’s amazing right?”

Yoona felt as if her heart had stopped beating for awhile as the lady turned to face her.

“Excuse me?”

“Such a lovely voice.” Yoona said in her mind

“The tulips. They are amazing right? Personally, I love white the most.” She smiled.

The lady looked a bit surprised when Yoona talked to her. Suddenly, her phone rang and she went to answer it. Yoona kept on staring at the lady and took some picture of her without being noticed. After awhile, she smiled, satisfied with the pictures and walked away.

“Beautiful…” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter