Chapter 31 : The first outing

Perhaps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



It was 7 AM. Most of the people were just waking up or even still in their dreamland. But for Kwon Yuri, today was a special day for her. She hasn’t been able to sleep properly since the meeting she had with Yoona. Somehow, she felt so excited about their date today.

“Date? Hm... Can this be consider as a date?” She asked and giggled by herself. She was sitting on the couch at the lobby, waiting for the deer to come. Her mind flew back to the event that took place few hours before.

                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-

So, Miss Yuri-sshi. Are you up for a walk?”

“Huh?” Yuri was confused with the sudden question.

“Do you have any problem if I ask for a walk with you?”

“Now?”

“Ya.”

“Erm. I got no problem with that.”

“Cool. See you in 15 minutes. Bye!”

It took Yuri a few minutes to finally realized what was the conversation was about. As soon as she realized it, she was fully panicking. 

“15 minutes??!! So sudden? Ahhhh~”

                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-


The night was rather cool and calm as she walked along the serene waters of the Seine, inhaling deeply the fresh night air that she loved so much. Suddenly, a jacket was wrapping her body. She turned to face the owner of the jacket.

“It’s a bit cold, isn’t it?” She asked while smiling innocently to her.

“It—it’s okay. You’ll be cold too, Yoona-sshi” Yuri tried to give the jacket back but Yoona was faster enough as she hold her hand.

“I’ll be fine.” She said. 

Yuri felt her face was getting hot as she stared at their hand. 

“Er—Sorry .” Yoona said when she realised that she was still holding Yuri’s hand. She quickly let it go and put both of her hand into her hoodie’s front pocket. 

“It’s beautiful, right?” Yoona asked. She tried to break the awkward silent between them. “During the day all the bridges and monuments are beautiful but at night they undertake a different mood with the lights and the reflections in the water. Its beauty is so prominent when it's lit up.” 

Yuri nodded while looked at her surroundings. The bridges and monuments along the Seine are lit up and it's just indescribable the beauty of the whole scene. She was amazed by the beauty of the city. It really did live up to its name as “City of Light.”

“Have you ever been here before? At this hour?” Yoona looked at her.

“ Nope. I’ve never have the experience of walking along the Seine river at night. This is something new. And I’m really glad that you bring me here. It’s really beautiful here.” She stopped while looking at the view in front of her.

“Whenever I need to relax my mind, I’ve always come here. By day the city is full of people everywhere but it’s not the same by night. It is smoother, less suffocating. You can feel the silent.” Yoona said while closing her eyes, as if she was engulfing herself with the peacefulness. 

Yuri stared at the girl next to her. She couldn’t help herself as she was helplessly amazed by the calm and beautiful face in front of her. 

“Right?” Yoona suddenly opened her eyes and turned to face her.

Yuri who was staring at her was taken by surprised with the sudden action. She was caught red handed by Yoona, as their eyes met when Yoona turned to face her. She quickly walked ahead and tried to cover her blushed.

Yoona who was aware of the situation smiled and quickly walked towards her.

“Yuri-sshi...slow down.”

                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-

“How long have you been staying here?” Yuri asked. 

Both of them were sitting at one of the bench while enjoying the view. As they take in the lights playing across the water and listening to the murmurs of the passerby, they have to admit that they were really enjoying the presence of each other. 

“Around a year something.” She replied.

“That’s pretty long. You live alone?”

“Nope. With 2 of my unnies. Actually, they are my senior during colleague. One of them is working as a doctor at the American Hospital of Paris and the other one is a photographer.”

“Oh, how about your family? Are they here too or still in Korea?”

Yoona was a bit stunned when the word family came out from her. She fell to silent. 

Yuri noticed the sudden changes on the girl’s face. It must be something that was too sensitive for Yoona. Inside her mind, she was cursing herself for asking the question. “Yoo—Yoona-shi.. I’m sorry, I didn’t-“

“I’ve only have an uncle and his wife as my family.” Yoona suddenly answered.

Yuri turned to face Yoona who was staring at the river in front of them.

“My mom left me when I was five, my dad died when I was fifteen and my beloved grandma just left me a year ago. So, ya... I’m pretty much alone now.” 

Yuri felt pity towards the girl as she heard her story and the saddened look on her face.

“Hey, cheer up. I’m sure you have lot of friends with you.” She tried to lift up her mood again.

Yoona scoffed and turned to face her.

“I used to have best friends but now, I don’t know whether I still have it or not..”

Yuri scrunched her brows. “Why?”

“I left them.” She said sadly.

Yuri fell to silent when she heard it.

                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-

It was almost 3AM and both of the girls have been talking ever since. None of them realised that they have been spending hours together. In fact, neither one of them thought of leaving.

“So, they just left you eating alone at the corner of the table?” Yuri was trying to hold her laughs.

“Yeah! They were so mean you know. It wasn’t my fault for being extra lucky that day. Everything I said came true. I just have the feeling that their orders are not available anymore and it turns out I was right. Everything that they want to eat that day was sold out. Haha... so they abandoned me, treating me as a stranger for the whole day!.”

Both of them were laughing and chatting as if they have been friends for a long time. The awkwardness was slowly disappeared.

“Anyway, Yuri-sshi—“ 

“Yuri. Just call me Yuri.” She smiled when she saw the smile on Yoona’s face.

“Well, if you said so. You should drop the formalities too. Just, Yoona okay?”

Yuri nodded.

“Anyway, how long are you going to stay here? Well, your work is done right?”

Yuri suddenly felt disappointed at the thought of leaving. Why did Yoona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter