Chapter 28 : Claude Monet

Perhaps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“Wake up!! “ A girl came into her friend’s room and moved the curtain. The light came through the window and directly hit the sleepy girl’s face.

“ARGH GYUL! Close the curtain!! “ She yelled while covering her eyes.

Gyuri smirked and slowly pulled back the curtain. “Get up now, or I’ll blind your eyes again.” She threatened the girl.

“Fine! I’m up, I’m up.” She surrendered.

Gyuri chuckled. She walked towards her friend and sat on the bed. “Tiring night huh? Well, that’s funny because I don’t think you have any meeting yesterday.”

The other girl just groaned, frustrated that her sleep was disturbed by her friend who was also her assisntant.

“ I was doing some work.”

“You were not at your room when I’m home last night. Clearly, it’s an outside kind of work.”

“Ughh.. why am I talking to you about it. I need to get ready.”

“Kwon Yuri, how was the famous Hemingway Bar? “

Yuri turned to face Gyuri who was sitting on her bed and had a smirk on her face. Gyuri knew where she went last night.

“Hm. Cool, as expected.”

“That’s it?”

“Got few numbers.” She replied before entering the bathroom.

Gyuri smiled victoriously. Her calculation was right. She had been the tanned girl’s assistant for few years already. In fact, they were already friend since college. She knew the girl well enough to tell whether the girl is lying or not. And she knew how much Yuri love to hang out at the bar and being hit on. Who can deny the beauty of Kwon Yuri? The vice president and also the heiress of KY Corporations. She was irresistible. A lot of guys and girls were dying to be with her. But too bad, the girl just enjoyed her life as a single lady who just looking for fun but not a serious relationship.

Well, in another word, a player.

                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-


“ Gyuri, do we have any other meeting after this?” She asked her assistant.

“Nope. You’re free for the rest of the day.” She closed her file and looked at the tanned girl in front of her. “Go, have fun. I know you want it. In fact, I think you really need it.” She added.

“Thanks Gyul!” She while walking towards the valet who handed her the car key.

She got into the car and put on her Gucci large square frame sunglasses and speeds off the hotel.


                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-


After almost an hour of driving, she finally reached the place that she has been wanted to come, Giverny. She parked the car and stepped out. She took off her glasses and took a deep breath.

“ Awesome.” She said to herself as she looked her surroundings.

She was at the famous Claude Monet’ garden which have be known for its beautiful gardens. It is a unique place created by the painter himself, an avid gardener. Monet landscaped his garden, using all what he knew about colors and composition to compose the flower beds or design the alleys.He considered it his most beautiful artwork because it was a living one, changing with the seasons.

There are two parts in Monet's garden which are a flower garden called Clos Normand in front of the house and a Japanese inspired water garden on the other side of the road. The two parts of Monet's garden contrast and complement one another. Lucky for her, it was spring and spring at Giverny is like fireworks renewed every two weeks. There were a lot of visitors around the place.

She began to take a walk around the Clos Normand. Her eyes were wide open when she saw the Hyacinths at the entrance. It was already in full bloom and full scent, their delicate perfume recognizable steps away. The garden was divided into flowerbeds where flower clumps of different heights create volume. Fruit trees or ornamental trees dominate the climbing roses, the long -stemmed hollyhocks and the coloured banks of annuals. The central alley is covered over by iron arches on which climbing roses grow. Other rose trees cover the balustrade along the house.

There were plenty of flowers such as roses, daffodils, Dutch Irises, poppies, tulips and many more that ven she couldn’t identify the type anymore.

After an hour of walking around, she stopped at ‘tulip field’.

What would be Spring without tulips? She thought.

Their blooming is spectacular, gorgeous, breathtaking. Their colors range from pure white to almost black red, from light pink to deep purple, from pale yellow to bright orange. They can be ridiculously tiny, or incredibly tall. Some are classically round shaped, other ones look like stars, or are as twisted as a flame. The parrot tulips seem tightly shut jaws.

“Amazing right?” Suddenly she heard someone’s voice next to her. She turned her head to face the person.

A slender girl wearing a white tshirt with her black chequered shirt tied around her hips, a brown sling bag across her shoulder, was taking a shot of the view with her Nikon D5000.

“Excuse me? “ She said to the stranger
.
The stranger put down her camera and looked at her. A Jeep navy blue baseball cap that the stranger was wearing covered some of her small face.

“The tulips. They are amazing isn’t it?” She said.

She nodded slowly. She was drawn to the stranger’s soft voice.

“I love white tulips.” She added and smiled before continue to capture some more picture.

The tanned girl just stood there and instead of looking at the flowers, she was staring at the stranger who was busy with her camera. Even with the entire beautiful flowers around them, the stranger stood out the most to her. She didn’t know why, but her heart beat faster when she heard her voice and her smiled just mesmerized her. She couldn’t take her eyes off the girl.

Suddenly she felt something vibrat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter