Chapter 26 : Gone

Perhaps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The death of a loved one is always a terrible thing to endure. It can take us by surprise and send us in to a whirlwind of grief and emotion. 

                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-


Leeteuk’s POV

I walked in to the church quietly. She lay in a beautiful light green coffin with satin lining. I did not want to go to the front of the church. I did not want to be in the centre of it all but I was. I sat in the back of the room with others. Her family members were sitting on the front row. I could see a familiar face sitting there, among them. It broke my heart to see how sorrow she looked. Suddenly, I heard a voice over my shoulder.

“Grandma Im is such a beautiful person, isn’t she?”

“Yes.” The other person whispered.

“She was a wonderful mother and wife. And also a great lovely grandmother.” The voice stated again

“Oh yes, she would have done anything for her sons and granddaughter. You know how much she loves the girl.”

“Hm… I really pity the granddaughter. Her mother disappears when she was a little kid. Then, her dad died few years ago and now, her grandma. This must be so hard for her.”

I turned to face Heechul who was sitting beside me. He must have heard the conversation too. I looked at the girls, their eyes were all red and puffy. My eyes were b with tears as I looked at the girl who sat at the front row. Her head was hanged low. I could feel the pain that she was having right now. I haven’t had the chance to talk to her since I got the text from Sooyoung.
 


Beep!

<< Leeteuk, Grandma Im had passed away. >>

I was having my break from the shooting when I read the text. I was dumbfounded upon reading the text. It took me awhile for me to fully process what I’ve just read.

“Hello.”

“Sooyoung..”

Silent. Both of us didn’t know what to say.

“The funeral is tomorrow. You’re coming right?”

“Ya. I will. I’ll take the flight back tonight.”

“Sure. See you tomorrow.”

“Sooyoung…how is she doing.”

Sooyoung let out a heavy sighed. “I really don’t know Leeteuk. She just sent me the text and since then, I haven’t got in touch with her. This is such a huge setback for her. You know about her mom’s returns right. And now, grandma..” She couldn’t continue as she was sobbing hard.

“Shh… we have to be strong for her.I’ll see you guys tomorrow, okay.”



Suddenly, a familiar face caught my eyes. It was Taeyeon.

What is she doing here? I thought.

Then I saw her talking and holding the hand of the girl who sat next to her. I tried to get a better view. I gasped.

They are all here. Jessica and her family. Yoona’s mother is here.


                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-


No one POV


Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;

I am not there, I did not die.



She couldn't look away from the small grave. She was the only person still there, standing in the same place she had been after she got to say something over her. She had not been able to cry then, now she could, and she refused to wipe them away. The tears would stain her cheeks with red streaks, and everyone would know she cried. She wanted to scream and yell her fury, but she couldn't. Instead, she fell on to her knees, and her grief ran anew through her. A rustle at her side let her know that Uncle Chun Hee was there. Her red tears still fell down her face as she glanced up at him for a brief moment, and stared back down at the fresh grave.

"Yoongie.." He said.

There were strained lines on his face, where usually there wasn't any. Although there were no tears on his face, the hurt and grief were evident. Unlike Yoona, he couldn't cry. He had no emotional outlet for his pain that couldn't cause pain or discomfort for others. He had to fight within himself to keep the stinging words back. He had to be strong. He was the leader of the family now. He knelt down beside her, started to lay his hand on her shoulder, and then withdrew it. That's not what she wanted from him right now.

"I know what you're going through."

"Do you?" She said slowly.

"I do." Chun Hee nodded, answering the question even though she hadn't wanted him to. He felt the earth-shattering pain that his niece felt. He could feel the deep hole in his soul where his mother belonged. "I may not be feeling the exact same way as you, but I’m hurting just as deeply and as much as you do."

"I know." She agreed, swallowing back the tears that burned the rims of her eyes.

Chun Hee got up on his feet and reached out his hand for Yoona. “Let’s go home.”

She stared at her uncle’s hand and turned back to the grave. She sighed and slowly placed her hand in his palm. He firmly held her hand and walked before he stopped when he felt the tugged on his hand. He turned his back and looked at her. She was still standing still with her eyes fixed on the grave. He approached her and slowly wrapped his hand around the girl and pulled her in to his embrace.

“She always told me how much she’s loves and proud of you. She keeps bragging to me, that you are such a strong girl who can face anything. Sometimes, I felt really jealous of you, you know. She loves you more than me.” He .

“Uncle..” Yoona stared at him.

Chun Hee held her shoulder and looked directly into her eyes. “Yoona. I know this is really hard for you. I know how much she meant to you. But, she must be really upset to see you like this. You don’t want her to feel like that right? You love grandma so much right?”

She nodded vigorously.

“Then, let her go. Let her live there peacefully. “

Yoona fell in his uncle’s embrace and cried harder. He wrapped his arms around her while her back. His eyes were b with tears.

“I-I miss her..” She said between her sobs.

“Me too, Yoona. Me too.”


                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-


Jessica was holding her mom’s hand firmly. She could feel how nervous she was.

“You think she can forgive me?” She randomly asked the question to her family.

Mr. Jung wrapped his arms around her. “Let’s meet her, honey. Right now, she needs someone to comfort her. She just lost the person that she cared the most. She is really vulnerable now. Let’s pray that things will be better after this."

“Mom…there she is.” Krystal suddenly said to them.

From a far, they could see Chun Hee walking beside her. He stopped and bowed when he saw the family. On the other hand, Yoona just stood still, staring on the ground.

“Yoong… I’ll be waiting at the car.” He decided to give some privacy to the family.

It was an awkward silence after Chun Hee left them. Neither of them tried to say anything.

“Yoongie…” Finally, Mrs Jung decided to break the silence.

The girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter