Chapter 17 : The ice princess and the deer

Perhaps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


KRINGGG~~!!!!!!!!!

A slender hand reached for the clock on the desk and stopped the alarmed.

“Ughh! What time is it...” A girl who was still lying under her blanket was mumbling to herself. She took a peek at the clock.

“HAH!! DAMN IT! I’M LATE!” She quickly got up from her bed and ran towards the bathroom.


                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-


*Yoona’s POV

I couldn’t believe that I woke up late today. I quickly grab my bag and jacket before walked off to my car. I started the car and drove speedily to the office. I couldn’t afford to receive another icy glare from my new boss.



“LATE! LATE!” 

I screamed to nobody else other than myself. I slept late last night due to my works. The last time I checked the time, it was 4.30 in the morning. That’s mean I just slept for less than 4 hours. I gathered all the paper works and put it on my file. I have a meeting with the team regarding on the new project that we are working on. Plus, our new boss was going to be introduced today. 

“Yoona! Quick, the meeting is about to start.” Suzy, one of my officemate informed me.

I hastily put my bag in the office and brought the file and laptop to the meeting room. Upon pushing the door open, I saw a new face sitting on the boss chair, looking sternly at me.

“You’re late. A minutes and..” she paused while looking at her watch. “...39 seconds”

Wow. She was really a particular person, I thought. And she look and sound cold too.

“Erm.. I’m sorry for being late today.” I bowed before taking my place.

“Well, it’s okay Miss Im. Okay, shall we start now? “ Our general manager started the meeting.

“Before we start the meeting, I would like to introduce you to your new boss, Miss Jung Sooyeon.” He said while the new lady got up and bowed to us.

“Hi, I’m Jung Sooyeon. I’m new here, so, please take care of me.” She said.

The general manager started to introduce all the team member to Miss Jung. Then it was my turn.

“That’s Miss Im Yoona. She is one of our Project Engineer and also the team’s leader. You’ll be working a lot with her. She’s still new here but she’s one of our precious assets.” He said.


I just stared at her. Somehow, something about her made me attracted to know her despite her cold appearance. I smiled at her when she looked at me but to my disappointment she just looked away.

After all the introduction, it was time to get on with the project.

“As we all know, for this project, it would be a hi-tech kind of product. Thus, on my side which is more on the software development, my team and I have discussed that we would like to use the Fuzzy Logic concept. Mostly, other companies are using the PID. But after the studies we made, we think it’s possible to combine it with the Fuzzy Logic concept since it gave the customer a more human-like kind of interaction.” 

I started my presentation confidently but everytime my eyes met with her, my heart skipped a beat. There was something about her that affected me so much.


                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-


“Well done Miss Im. I like your idea.” Miss Jung said after the meeting ended.

“Thank you Miss Jung. I have to give credits to my team also.”

After that, we both went to our own office. I sat down on my chair, relief that the meeting had ended. But then, my mind drifted to think about her again.

“Who are you Miss Jung Sooyeon? Why am I having this weird feeling? “ I asked to myself.


I was running towards the lift only to be disappointed seeing the lift was full already. I looked at my watch. I got around 3 minutes before 9. If I waited for the next lift, it could cost me more than that. I looked at the stairs.

“Ah! Damn it!” I said while running towards the stairs.


*Jessica’s POV

It was 8.59 am. I glanced around the office, looking for a certain doe eye girl. I smiled. That girl would be late again today.

“Where is..” I was about to ask one of the staffs when suddenly someone just pushed the door open.

“HERE! Huh..I. am. Huh..here.. See, right,right on..time huh..9. Sharp!” The girl was panting heavily. She was trying to talk and catch her breath at the same time. She grinned towards me and pointed to her watch.

“Good. Now, start your work.” I replied coldly and went back into my room. I saw her walking slowly to her room. I hate to admit it but I was happy to see her. Somehow, she brighten my day.


“Please have a seat Miss Jung. I need to find the document first.” 

I sat down in front of her while she walked towards the cabinet and searched for the document that I need. I look around her office. It was simple and cosy kind of decoration. The was a few picture frames on her desk, I assumed it was her family and close friends. I smiled when I saw few soft cute toys beside the frames. Then, I frowned when I saw a few toys and board games arranged on a small cabinet at the corner of the room.

“Games are good for releasing stress.” I turned to look at her. She grinned. She walked to the small cabinet and took out some of the toys.

“LEGO. I’ve been trying to build an aeroplane with this. But, I think I’m halfway there. HOT WHEELS, huh, this is cool. I just bought a new track design. Donghyun and I always played this. And oh, oh, this! UNO. Great to fill some free time.” She looked like a little kid who was excitedly telling me about her toys.I was a bit surprised with her attitude.

Upon seeing my unresponsive reaction, she quickly put everything back at its place. She scratched her head while smiling at me.

“Erm. Sorry about that.” Her smile really flattered my heart.

“It’s okay.” 

“So, this is the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter