Chapter 19 : The peacemaker

Perhaps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


~nunmuli neomchyeoseo ddo kangmuli dwego ddo
badaga dwemyeon geudae
nae mameul alkkayo jomdeo algo sipnayo
neoman saranghaneun nal ~

Jessica just took her bath and was drying her hair when her phone ringing. She smiled when she saw the caller id. “Hey little deer.” She chuckled.

“Hi icy princess! Am I interrupting you?”

“No. I just took a bath. Might go to bed after this.”

“Oh. Cool then. How’s Krystal?”

“Why? Are you interested with my baby sister now?” She liked to tease the doe eye girl.

“Hm..maayyyybe. Hahaha. Oh come on. She’s like my little sister too. I haven’t met her for awhile now. So just wondering how is she doing. Hm, wait a minute...Krystal is younger than me which make me her unnie. And you are also her unnie. So between you and I, you are older than me. So I should call you unnie too!”

“Ugh.. don’t”

“Unniiiee~~” Yoona strike her with her overflowing aegyo.

“Shut up Yoona.”

“Ahahahha.. why?? Doesn’t it sounds cute?”

The blonde girl hate to admit it, but Yoona does sound cute calling her like that.

“NO.” She denied it.

“Hahah.. fine. Anyway, how is your parent? I hope they manage to settle down here soon.”

“They are doing fine. By the way, they would like to meet you actually.”

“ Why?”

“Well, Krystal kind of bragging about you. Saying how pretty you are, how nice you are, how funny you are and so on. Huh, did you bribe her or something?”

Suddenly there was a knocked on her door and slowly opened it after she said so. It was her mom. “Erm, Yoona. I have to go now. Good night.”

Mrs. Jung sat on the bed, beside Jessica. She haven’t had some time to talk with her eldest daughter since they reached home.

“Mom. I thought you’re sleeping already.”

“Your dad is.” She smiled “Well, I’m not that tired. Plus, I just wanna talk with my daughter who I haven’t see for few months now. How are you dear?”

“I’m doing okay mom. You don’t have to worry about it.”

“Hm, I know you’re having a hard time after the break up with- “

“Mom. I’m fine now.” She quickly interrupted. “Yes, life was a bit hard on me back in New York. That’s why I decided to move here. And I think I made the right decision mom. Here, I’ve got a better job, new environment, met new people-“

“New special person.” This time it was Mrs. Jung who interrupted. “Krystal told me about this girl. From what I’ve heard, she seems a very nice person.”

“She is mom. She is...”

“Well, I just want you to be happy. If this new person can make you happy, I’ll be gladly accept her.”

“Hm, it’s too soon to say that mom. I’m still confused with my feeling. I don’t want to lie to you and say that I’ve completely over my break up. I’m still trying. And this new girl, somehow, help me to go through my life with less difficulties. I don’t know what I’m feeling towards is love. But I’m sure there is something about her that attract me. And I really do care about her. That’s why I don’t wanna jump into any decision yet. I’m happy with her, so for now, let it be that way.”

“Hm...if that’s what you say, I’ll understand. I’m always here if you need any help okay.” Mrs Jung caresses her daugther’s face before leaning and kissed her forehead. She got up from the bed and was about to open the door when Jessica suddenly called her back.

“Mom. Why did you decide to come back?”

Silent.

“You’re going to find her, don’t you?”

Mrs. Jung sighed. “No matter what, I’ll always love you Jessica. You are my daughter.” She said before walking out of the room.

Jessica kept staring at the door. She knows about her mom’s past.



She just comeback from her school. She walked pass her parent bedroom but stopped when she suddenly saw her mom sitting alone in her room. She walked quietly into the room. She could hear her mom sobbing and wiping her tears. “Mom..” She called her mom softly.

Mrs. Jung was surprised with her presence. She quickly stand up and wiped her tears. However, she forgot to hide the photo of a cute young girl which later fell on to the floor. Jessica reached for the picture. “Who is she mom?” She questioned her.

Silent. Mrs. Jung was speechless. She didn’t know what or how to answer to that question. She has been keeping the secret for more than 10 years. She didn’t know how to explain to her daughter.

“Why are you crying? Who is this girl? Why can’t you tell me? What are you hiding from me?” A bunch of question came from Jessica. She really would want to know about it. 

Mrs. Jung fell on her knees. She cried harder. She had no other choice except telling her daughter the truth.

                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-

“So, you are not my birth mother?” Jessica was crying after she knew the truth.

Mrs Jung quickly pulled her into her arms. “You are my daughter dear. I love you so much. Don’t you ever say that.”

“Why did you keep this from me?”

“I’m sorry dear. I don’t want to hurt you. No matter what, you are my daughter. And no one can change that. I love you more than myself dear.”

                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-

“Mom, don’t you miss her?” Jessica suddenly asked her mom.

Mrs Jung who was cooking, suddenly halted when she heard the ques

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter