Chapter 24 : Nothing is going to change

Perhaps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“Hey you! Yes, you dude. Give me one more.” She held her empty glass up in the air.

The bartender approached her while shaking her head. “Don’t you think you had enough for tonight?”

“Nope! Ahahaha... come one. Another one. Please~~” The girl was absolutely drunk already yet she kept on asking for another glass of beer. The bartender didn’t have the heart to see this young beautiful lady got wasted in front of him. So, he silently took the girl’s phone and tried to call any of her friends.

“Wow. 45 miss call? That’s a lot. Sooyoung. Sooyoung. And few more names. Hm..but clearly this Sooyoung is the one who’s been calling her a lot. Maybe she’s her close friend. Better try her.”

He dialled Sooyoung’s number.

“Yoona??! Where have you been? Are you okay? We were so worried about you!”

The guy was startled when he heard such a high tone voice on the other line, bombarding him with questions.

“Err.. hello. I’m sorry. Is this Miss Sooyoung?”

“Huh? Yes. And who are you? Why are you answering her phone? Where’s Yoona.”

He sighed. This girl surely has a lot of questions. “I’m Taemin. I’m working at the YG bar. I believe your friend,Yoona is here.”

“What??!”

“Erm.. ya. She’s been here for hours already and...I think, she’s kinda wasted right now. She sure can drink a lot. I just called to inform you that. I don’t think she can go home by herself. In fact, I’m not sure whether she can stand by herself. Plus, at this hour, it would be risky for a beautiful lady like her to get home alone.”

“Okay, I’ll be right there as soon as possible. Could you please keep an eye on her. And Taemin right? Thanks a lot.” Then, she hang up.

He went back to the counter where the drunken lady still sat, waiting for her drink.

“Hey, cutie. Where’s my drink?” She winked.

                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-


“Who was that, baby? “

Sooyoung turned to face her girlfriend who was still lying on the bed, yawning. “Some bartender guy. He said Yoona is at the YG bar.”

“What??” Sunny got up abruptly. “What is she doing there??” She continued to ask. The fact that Yoona was at a bar, was really surprising. She was not a kind of person who liked to drink.

Sooyoung was getting changed. “I don’t know.But the guys said that she’s pretty drunk. Hurry up. Changed. We are going there now. I’ll call Hyoyeon.”

“Okay. Oh ya, inform Jessica too.” Sunny reminded her.

                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-


Taemin didn’t remember how many glassed had he served the girl. Yet, she still asking for another one. She sure gonna get such a terrible headache tomorrow.

“Hey. Do you still have a mom?” She suddenly asked him.

Confused yet he chose to answer it. “Yes.”

She scoffed. “Lucky you. You know what, I used to have a mother. Every morning she will woke me up and kissed my forehead, while saying good morning dear. And then she will take me to bath and help me get ready. Cooked breakfast for me. “ She stopped her story. Her face expression changed into a dark and gloomy looked.

“But it only last till I was 5 years old. She left me. I kept on begging her not to. But eventually, she just walked out of the house and leaves me. She never turns back or even looks at me. Since then I have to live without the love of a mother. For 18 years! Do you know how long is that? But, not even once, she tries to come back. I’ve already stop hoping for her to do that. But, after I decide that, she’s here. She’s back. With her new family. And you know what makes it funny? Her daughter! Step daughter, is my boss! Ahahah what a funny coincidence. I’ve been friend with my own step sister. No wonder I’ve felt different towards her. I thought it was a crush, but it turns out, it’s our bond as a sister that attracts me to her.That’s hilarious! Right, dude? Right? AHahhahahaah”

Taemin just listened to her story without saying anything. Now he knew why this poor girl had been sitting and drinking here for hours. She tried to make the pain go away.

                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-


“Hey! Where’s your mom?” A little boy suddenly asked her. She kept silent.

“Guys. Look at her. She doesn’t have a mom. I bet her mom left her.” The boy added.

“Maybe her mom is dead.” Said another boy.

“Or maybe she’s in jail. My dad said bad people got sent into jail. And they can’t come out.”

“Oooo..then her mom is bad then.”

“Don’t be friend with her. Her mom is bad.”

“Your mom is bad. Your mom is bad~”

“Or even dead. Ahahahahah..she doesn’t have a mom. Poor her. My mom loves me.!”

The little girl couldn’t hold on anymore. She got up from her sit and ran towards the boys. She hit them as much as she can. 

                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-

“ For your homework, I want you to write an essay about your mother. I want you to submit it tomorrow.” The teacher said. 

Everyone was excited to write about their mother. Some of the students were already telling stories and bragging about their mother to each other. Except for one girl. She kept staring on her book. Wondering what should she write about her mother. Should she wrote about her mother’s disappearance from her life?

                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-

“ It’s okay dear. You just have to do better next time. Don’t let this upset you too much. I know you can do better. I trust you.”

She looked at the pair of mom and daughter in front of her. The mother was comforting her daughter who was having a tough time with her studies. Somehow, it broke her heart, knowing that she never had those moments in her entire life.
                                                                                                                                                      -xxxxxxxxx-

“I’m glad you came, Grandma.” She hugged her tightly.

It was her graduation day. To

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter