His Friends

The Monster That Steals Her Heart

Loud chatter could be heard even when you were outside of the school. You curiously wondered what was happening. *Why are they screaming?*

 

Hyo Won caught up to you with a vanilla ice-cream in her hand, “What’s wrong?”

 

You smartly suggested, “Let’s go and take a look.” “Sure, let’s go.” Hyo Won walked beside you.

-------------------------------------------------------------

“Look! That one is hot!” A girl with a long wavy hair whispered to her friend. “I like that one!” Her friend giddily giggled, glancing at seven handsome boys that were standing in the middle of the hallway.

 

“That Pyo Jihoon is cute!” Another girl excitedly peered at a cute boy who was busy talking to his friends.

 

*I’ve never seen these guys before.* You furrowed your eyebrows as you scanned their appearances.

 

Emotionless. Empty. Melancholic.

 

Those were the only things you could see in them. They were the same as him. *They’re good looking but…*

 

“~~~~~! Don’t you think they’re really good looking guys?!” Hyo Won chirped energetically. You warily nodded.

 

Since there was nothing to do anymore, you decided to go to your classroom when all of sudden you spotted Woo Jiho standing near the new boys.

 

They were talking intimately. *So that’s why these guys have similar appearances as his. They’re friends.* You stole a glance at them before making your way back to the classroom.

 

What you didn’t realize was all this time; Zico had been watching your every move. One of his friends, Kyung patted his shoulder, “Are you alright, Jiho?”

 

Zico snapped out of his thoughts and lazily nodded, “Uh, yeah.” “If you say so.” Kyung chuckled and went over to his other members.

 

“RING!” The school bell went.

 

“Guys, let’s go.” Zico nodded at his friends as they went over to the faculty office.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Loud squeals came from the girls inside your classroom, not believing their eyes since there were two new not to mention handsome boys got admitted into their class.

 

“OMG! OMG! He’s our classmate now!” You heard a short-haired girl whispered. Her friend shrieked in delight, “We’re freaking lucky!”

 

You turned your head back towards the outside of the window as the teacher introduced the new students.

 

“This Kim Yookwon and that one over there is Park Kyung.”

 

The two of them slightly bowed only to receive loud and annoying squeals from the girls.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Lunch time started as the students piled out from their classroom, making their way to the cafeteria.

 

Hyo Won glanced at you as she flicked her finger, trying to earn your attention. Surprisingly, it was a success. You turned to her.

 

She beamed, “Cafeteria?” “I think I won’t be able to join you today.” You shook your head helplessly.

 

She pouted adorably, “Why?”

 

“I…I’m not…feeling well…today.” You bit your lip and lowered your head down.

 

You expected that she would be forcing you out to the cafeteria but astonishingly, she bought your lies.

 

“I’ll be going then. See ya, ~~~~~!” She waved at you cheerfully.

 

You nodded with a small smile but once she was out of your sight, your smile faded away. You sighed and rested your head on the desk.

 

“Hey, Jiho. How’s it goin’?” A male voice spoke up.

 

“Just…fine.” A familiar voice mumbled.

 

“Hey, Jiho? Who’s that girl over there?” Another voice questioned him.

 

You didn’t know who they were talking about but somehow you felt like they were talking about you.

 

Nonetheless, you still remained in your current position except for your ears which were perking up, eavesdropping over their conversation.

 

“I noticed you were glancing at her this morning.” The voice sounded like it was Kyung’s.

 

“No I wasn’t.” Jiho denied vigorously only to receive a small chuckle from Kyung and Yookwon.

 

You never knew they could laugh care-freely. From your opinion, they were just empty, lifeless with sadness accompanying them. But how can you say, never judge a book by its cover.

 

“What’s her name?” Yoo Kwon asked. “How should I know?” Jiho conceitedly replied and that made your heart throb a bit.

 

Besides, it was just a name. Who cares if he didn’t remember your name? Then, why did your heart fell when he didn’t even remember your name?

 

“Okay guys. Stop it, Yoo kwon and Jiho, sorry. We were just teasing you.” Kyung butted into the argument between his two friends.

 

“Yeah! Sorry, Jiho! I got too carried away.” Yoo kwon cheekily smiled at Zico.

 

“Yeah, I forgive you so stop bugging me.” Zico murmured.

 

“Let’s hang out after school, okay?” Kyung suggested and instantly received two approvals from his friends, “Then, it has been decided. We’re going to roam around this town!”

 

Inattentively, your lips went upwards, turning it into a sweet smile. You never knew they could be this playful.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my beautiful readers! Thanks for those who are willing to read my story! I really appreciate that! How's my story so far? My head is spinning for no reason. I'll try to update much more though! XvX