Oppa

The Monster That Steals Her Heart

Zico’s widened eyes could be seen clearly. He stared at you in disbelief. Did he hear it right? Or was it just one of his crappy illusions?

 

You covered your red face, totally embarrassed since you had just confessed to him. “Y-you love…me?” He asked, still not realizing that this was the reality. You nodded. Your hands still remained on your face. Right after seeing your respond, his stomach started doing a flip-flop.

 

His heart started to feel warm and fuzzy. *Is this really true?! Did she just confess to me?!* His mind started debating. Not knowing what to do, the two of you just stayed there wordlessly. A wave of silence made the two of you feel uncomfortable.

 

After all, you had just declared your love to him. That just added oil into the fire. Both of you were trying to say something but the words couldn’t seem to come out at all. Finally, Zico started off by clearing his throat, obviously trying to get your attention.

 

You warily looked up at him.

 

He looked away, trying to divert from meeting your eyes. “Can you…do me a favor?” He finally said. You watched him with interest. “Can you…” He began, still not looking your way.

 

Your eyes glistened with interest and at the same time a little bit of hope. He scratched his head in distress and ascended to a sigh. He looked at you this time.

 

“Can you call me…oppa?” He embarrassedly ducked his head down. Surprised, you stared at him before answering, “O-okay.” “Then, can you call me now?” He questioned, hoping you’d say yes.

 

And as expected, you nodded. He eased up a bit. “Jiho…oppa?” You smiled tenderly which made his heart melt. A flash of light pink appeared upon his cheeks. You secretly smiled again as you grew braver and called him again.

 

“Jiho oppa.”

 

“I heard it already so stop it.” He pretended to cover his ears. *So that I won’t explode just by hearing you calling my name.* You let out a small giggle. You wanted to see him warm up to you more just like this. But, you couldn’t seem to say it out loud.

 

But somehow, Zico sensed your uneasiness. “Are you okay? Do you want to ask me something important?” He questioned. You stared at him with astonishment. *How does he know…?*

 

It felt like he was a psychic. Did he have some kind of special power? But that would be ridiculous. What kind of a human was he if he had a special power?

 

You hesitated a bit before blurting it out. “Can we get to know each other more?” He met your eyes, almost tilting his head to the side. “How?” He replied with a hint of questioning tone in his voice. “Like…um…” You bit your lip, attempting to think of any logical ideas to be brought up.

 

“Finding out each other’s likes and dislikes for example.” You pointed out while nodding your head, as if agreeing to what you had just said. “When are we going to do that?” Zico asked. “During an…outing?” You scratched your head with a meek smile.

 

“You mean date?” Zico corrected as a smirk started playing on his lips. Your eyes grew wide, “I didn’t mean it like tha—” “So?” He was lost in his thoughts now. You sighed, indicating that you gave in, “It’s a date, I guess.”

 

You didn’t know but it was strangely a bit surprising for you to see Zico grinning right now. You lowered your head down as a shade of red came up to your cheeks.

 

“Great. It’s a date then.”

 

You nervously looked down. *Did I just make a big mistake?*

--------------------------------------------------------------