L's Past (Part II)

The Monster That Steals Her Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------------

“Myungsoo!”

 

An 11 years old boy turned around, searching for the source of the voice just now. And as always, it was Sunggyu running over to him. With a heavy breathe, Sunggyu questioned, “Where…are you going?” L froze on his spot, “Umm…I was just going to the…fores—” “WHAT?! FORES—” Instantly, a hand clamped over Sunggyu’s mouth, shutting him up.

 

“Shh…hyung. The others are looking at us. Can you keep it down?” L nervously glanced at his surrounding. Basically, all of the boys were looking their way with an odd expression. Sunggyu laughed in an uncertain tone as he looked down shamefully, “This is…embarrassing.” “Who told you to shout all of a sudden?” L shot him a look. “Hey! You’re going to that kind of place. The last time I saw you going there was during my training and you had nothing to do! Good thing I didn’t tell the hyungs.” Sunggyu snorted with his chin lifted high.

 

L rolled his eyes and remembered his true intention, “You’re wasting my time, hyung! I need to go now!” “Why are you going there anyways? What’s so interesting about that forest?” He bombarded L with thousands of questions. Little did he know that L had already left a few minutes ago. Talking to himself would probably attract attention since every pair of eyes were practically looking Sunggyu’s way.

 

*This is freaking embarrassing than before! Where did he go?! Aish, that brat!* Sunggyu glanced around, trying to find L. *Geez, whatever. Let him be.* He gave up after a few minutes but nevertheless decided to find him in the forest at the last minute.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

*What is she doing right now?* L thoughtfully tapped his lips wondrously as he headed to the spot where he would usually watch the girl. Ever since the day he met the girl, he kept coming here just to watch her when he had the time.

 

He abruptly softened when he caught a glimpse of the girl a few minutes later, always wearing those heart-fluttering smiles of hers. *I wish I can get to know you better.* L gazed at the girl intently yet genuinely. He wasn’t really aware of his surrounding since he wasn’t the only one who was watching the girl. He was just standing nearby the big tree, remaining himself unnoticed by L.

 

The mysterious guy smirked and disappeared in a blink of an eye. *So she’s the daughter of Han Seo Yoon. A perfect creature indeed. I understand why master fell in love with that woman now.*

-----------------------------------------------------------------

“So…all these times…you’ve been watching over me?” You whispered with a soft tone of voice, slightly surprised. L nodded with his tender pair of eyes gazing lovingly at yours. “How come I didn’t realize it?” You ducked down and stared blankly at your feet. There was a slight guiltiness overwhelming your entire body. “Because I didn’t want you to notice me. At first, watching over you from afar was more than enough for me but day by day…the urge to make you feel my existence grew bigger.” This time, L was the one who lowered his head down whether he was ashamed or just practically condemned. 

 

You inched closer and trapped him in your arms. He buried his face into your shoulder that only had a small space. You patted his back soothingly. “I’m sorry for being selfish.” L murmured with his muffled voice. You let out a soft laugh and shook your head, “No. You’re not being selfish. I’m not mad at you, oppa.”

 

Hearing your encouraging words, it felt as if a huge weight was taken off of L’s remorseful heart. He managed to let out a small smile even though you couldn’t see it.

 

“Thank you.”

 

In the midst of your heart-warming scene, you didn’t realize that there was someone watching the two of you with an amused look on his face. He swiftly vanished into the thin air after a moment.

 

What might happen next?

-----------------------------------------------------------------