Confused

The Monster That Steals Her Heart

Ever since that day—the day that Zico used his violence on you for the first time, you kept your distance from him. You couldn’t cognizance whether it was just a pure stupefaction or other than just a pure fright.

 

Zico, on the other side did the same thing. He kept his distance from you too which left you wonder why. *Never mind. I guess he hates me now.* Your shoulders deflated in dismay as you dragged yourself upstairs to your classroom.

 

Hyo Won had an early morning club activities so you were left alone. But fortunately for you, a warm hand tapped your shoulder. You looked over your shoulder to see the person. He smiled at you charmingly, “Good morning.”

 

*Myungsoo?* You slightly brightened. He wrapped his arm around you, earning weird looks from the other students that were around you. You covered your face embarrassedly. L affectionately smiled, “Come on. What’s wrong? Let’s go to class.”

 

You lifted your head up a bit and he dragged you to your class in his right arm. Loud murmurs broke. The girls gasped and threw you deadly glares. You ducked your head down. L noticed that you were acting strange and quickly bent down.

 

He lifted your head which made you blush a bit. “What’s wrong, ~~~~~?” You shook your head and turned away. He raised a brow. Now he was worried about you until he found out what was bothering you.

 

Girls were staring at the both of you. Guys looked at you weirdly. Some of the girls even glared your way. *No wonder she was acting weird.* Myungsoo scrutinized the girls’ piercing glower.

 

It’s not like you had never been in this kind of situation. In fact, you’ve always been in it. You knew what those dirty looks meant. *They hate me for being with Myungsoo.*

 

You shifted your gaze up to Myungsoo back. For a second, his face showed no expression. It wasn’t the Myungsoo you used to see. It wasn’t the gentle and kind Myungsoo. He looked like a soulless person. As you were too dazed seeing him in that kind of condition, you were snapped back into the reality by him.

 

“~~~~~, are you okay?” He worriedly asked. You searched his face. His brown eyes could be seen clearly. You sighed in relief. “Come on, ~~~~~. Let’s go.” He motioned for you to follow him. You compliantly trailed off behind him.

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Zico was having a light conversation with his friends until the door slid open, revealing two familiar figures. As fast as a lightning, Zico immediately knew who they were. It was none other than you and L.

 

He furrowed his eyebrows. *She didn’t listen to me?* You walked over to your seat and settled down until your eyes met Zico’s. You froze, not expecting this thing to happen. The two of you didn’t bother to break off the eye-contact. It felt like the both of you had been drawn into another world.

 

Your heart was palpitating and you felt like it could burst out at any moment that time. His gaze was melting you inside. *Why am I like this?* You subtly slapped your cheeks all of a sudden, not breaking the stare.

 

However, L somehow managed to break the staring contest.

 

He pulled you over to him. You blinked at him, baffled. Why did he do that? He smiled at you, “Let’s eat lunch together after this.” You nodded as a response. When you weren’t looking at him, he would be glaring at Zico who would just respond to him back.

 

Zico menacingly glowered at L. *He’s not backing away. What the hell is he?! Damn!* L smirked and looked away which made Zico fume in anger. Zico turned his way to you and slightly softened at the sight of your angelic face.

 

*Why did you have to be by his side? It hurts me to see you with him.*

 

You turned to Zico’s way, only to be greeted by his enthralling eyes that were glancing at you. A warm feeling came up to your cheeks as they turned pink. A cold yet likeable shiver tingled along your spine. You immediately covered your cheeks with your hands right after realizing that you were being silly.

 

*Why am I blushing?!* You frantically slapped your cheeks lightly, trying to erase the colour. Zico realized your abrupt silliness which he found it surprisingly cute. L studied your gaze and followed them only to find that you were looking at Zico.

 

*Why is she acting like that?* His smile fell. *I want to be the only one that can see your sweet smile. Can’t you do that?*

 

U-Kwon slapped Zico’s side, “Yah! Are you listening?!” Zico snapped out of his thoughts and threw U-Kwon a dirty look, obviously annoyed that U-Kwon had just interrupted his moment. “What?” Dumbfounded, U-Kwon stared at Zico with a questioning look.

 

“Don’t disturb me ever again.” Zico buried his face into his crossed arms on his desk. Little did you know, he was trapped inside his own confusion too.

 

*Did my heart just skip a beat?*

 

That time, the three of you were beguiled inside your own thoughts, clearly tricked by your jumbled feelings. It felt odd. You never had experienced this kind of feeling, not even once in your entire life.

 

But why must it be now?

-------------------------------------------------------