Together At Last

The Monster That Steals Her Heart

“I think I already have my decision.” You exhaled loudly and clearly that even Hyo Won could hear.

 

“What decision?” Hyo Won popped her head from the kitchen door. You jumped in slight surprise, “N-nothing.” “Well, that doesn’t sound ‘nothing’ to me.” She raised a brow in suspicion. “Is breakfast ready?” You tried changing the subject and tried to act naturally.

 

You came over to the kitchen and were about to take a bite when a hand snatched the breakfast away. You looked up with your rounded eyes. “No breakfast if you’re not telling me.” Hyo Won put her hand on her hip like a mother.

 

“Seriously?” You said, mostly shocked. *No breakfast for me?* “Yes, I am serious, young lady.” She changed her pose from a hand on her hip to crossed arms. You sighed. Hyo Won could be a child sometimes.

 

“Fine then. I’ll just go and fetch an instant breakfast.” You walked out from the kitchen and took your backpack, heading to the main door. “H-hey, ~~~~~! Look, I was just kidding!” Hyo Won ran after you. Honestly, she regretted on suspending you. You automatically grinned and turned around with a serious look, “Really?”

 

“Yes! So go ahead and dig in!” She urged. You happily skipped to the kitchen back. “Sneaky girl.” She huffed and followed you.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Once the two of you had arrived at the school, you immediately went to search Zico. When you were about to step out from the class, a hand grabbed your wrist and yanked you back in. “Hey—” You looked up in surprise and irritation.

 

“Where are you going? You didn’t even greet me a ‘good morning’.” L said with a hint of disappointed tone in his voice. “O-oh. I’m very sorry, Myungsoo. I was just searching for someone.” You claimed and let out a small smile.

 

By the word ‘someone’, L knew who it was. Even though, it pained his heart a lot, he still tried to endure it and tried hard to keep the same expression. “Let me guess. Woo Jiho?” He pretended to guess as if he didn’t even have any clue on who it was.

 

“Yes. I need to find him now.” You hesitantly took a step forward. L softened and loosened his grip onto your wrist slowly. When your hand was fully released, you sped off after flashing a grateful smile at L.

--------------------------------------------------------------

You spent for almost 20 minutes on finding Zico. School hallway, gym, park and almost every place you had gone to but there was still no sign of him. The last place you were going to was the old gym. You warily walked step by step since the grasses were so long until you had no choice but to jump sometimes. Once you reached the old gym, you peered at the other side of the gym. But still, he wasn’t there.

 

You scratched your head in confusion. *Where is he?* Suddenly, a familiar voice spoke up, “Looking for me?” You swiftly looked around, looking for the source of the voice. “I’m up here.” He said. You lifted your head up to find Zico resting on a big branch of the tree. “What is it?” He asked, remaining on his position.

 

“I have something to tell you.” You said. “Didn’t you say you’ll come when you’ve already made up your mind?” He raised his eyebrow in puzzlement. “Yes and that’s why I came here to see you.” You slightly nodded. As fast as a lightning, Zico went down with ease. You awed a bit. *He really is a vampire.*

 

“So…mind telling me now?” He lowered down to be in the same level as you. You snapped out of your thoughts and nodded, “Yes!” “You can go on now.” He glanced at you, encouraging you to go on. *He looks calm.* You stared at him.

 

But truthfully, deep inside he wasn’t as calm as you thought he was. He felt the same feeling you were experiencing now. Nervous, thrilled. “I’ve already decided.” You gulped. Zico stayed silent, anticipating for your answer. “Right after finding out that you’re a vampire, it gave me a big impact, honestly. I know it’s a bit shocking and there was time when I had these thoughts that were haunting me, telling me to leave you.” You explained earnestly.

 

The last part made Zico’s heart sank but he loyally continued to listen. “And now…I’ve made up my mind. I was once scared but…” You sent Zico an intent yet sincere gaze, “My love for you will never stop growing.” Hearing those words made Zico’s heart flutter as a shiver ran down his spine in pleasure.

 

Swiftly but gently, he pulled you into his cold yet secure embrace. “Even if you’re not a human, you’re still the Woo Jiho I know.” You continued and ended your speech with touching words which came from the bottom of your heart.

 

“I love you.”

 

Zico’s arms around you grew tighter that made it harder for you to breathe but you didn’t care. As long as you were in his arms, you won’t be able to feel pain at all. He pulled back and gazed deeply into your eyes which made you melt.

 

Little did you know, he suddenly had the urge to kiss you but tried his best to lock it up. Instead of kissing you on the lips, he left a simple yet sweet kiss on your forehead. After pulling back, he gave you his sincere smile. You couldn’t help but smile back.

 

Zico kissed your forehead again before trapping you back in his arms. This time, you could feel the warmth coming from his body. The warmth that you used to feel but this time, it was completely different from the old ones. It felt more secure and loving.

 

You closed your eyes, savoring the sweet moment. *At last, we’re together.*

--------------------------------------------------------------