Introduction And New Friends

The Monster That Steals Her Heart

Today was a bright and sunny Friday. You were on your way to your math class. Assuming that you were already late, you hurried over to the class as various kinds of insults were thrown over to you.

 

But you couldn't care less. *Just ignore them, ~~~~~. It’s their problem, not yours.* You tried convincing yourself.

 

You were too preoccupied in convincing yourself until you didn’t pay any attention to your surrounding. That was when you bumped into a guy.

 

“Oooff.” You landed flatly on the ground. “Ah! Sorry!” A deep voice spoke up. It was definitely a male’s voice. He held his hand out as you absent-mindedly took his hand without even bother looking up.

 

“Thanks.” You mumbled and bowed, still not looking at the person. “Are you alright? Should I—”

 

He skidded to a stop when his eyes laid on you, “Waa, you are…” He pointed at you with wide eyes, “You’re really pretty!” He exclaimed boldly. You blushed at his compliment, “Thank you.”

 

You curled a strand of your jet black hair behind your ear with your head lowered down. His deep voice questioned you, “What class are you?”

 

Just when you were about to answer his question, another voice appeared, “Whoa, whoa, the maknae is making a move on a girl now?” A guy came over as the boy you just bumped into earlier called, “Hyung…”

 

A black-haired boy with a pretty face stared at you, “And who is this pretty lady we have here?” A tingle of pink color slightly appeared on your cheeks.

 

Just then, loud shuffles could be heard. It seemed like they were coming your way.

 

“Wow. Tsk, you maknae.”

 

“I can’t believe you.”

 

“Who is she?”

 

You followed the sources of the voices that were unfamiliar to you. Your head lifted up a bit, only to find four good-looking guys staring at you. They somehow reminded you of someone.

 

*Aren’t they Jiho’s friends?* You wonderingly tilted your head to the side as you watched them having their light argument.

 

As they were busy arguing, another voice uttered. All heads shot up. Three guys were standing not too far away from you. In the middle, you could clearly see who it was. Just by looking at his sharp eyes, you knew who it was and it was none other than…

 

Woo Jiho.

 

His friends swiftly flocked around him. “Yo, Jiho.” A red-haired boy nodded at Zico. Zico knowingly nodded back. “Hi, guys!” Yoo Kwon waved at his friends. “He’s really bright and that irritates me.” The pretty faced boy grumbled as his friends cracked up.

 

“Pfft. You are just jealous since you’re not popular like me.” Yoo Kwon snorted with his chin lifted up. The pretty boy scoffed, “The hell? I should be the one who said that. I’m more popular than you, ugly.”

 

“What—” Before another war could break, Kyung butted in to stop the argument, “Okay, the two of you should really stop this right now.” They huffed and turned to the opposite directions.  

 

Zico joined into the conversation until he noticed you standing not too far away from them, looking all astonished as ever. He stared at you for a moment before looking back to his friends.

 

However, Kyung somehow noticed that Zico was looking at another direction. Curiously, he followed Zico’s gaze that was set onto you. Kyung gave an all-knowing look and waved you over, “Hey, you there. Come join us here.”

 

You snapped out of your daze and stared at them, “H-huh?” Kyung raised his eyebrow, “You heard me. Come here.” He motioned for you to come over. You obediently followed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I think this is the right time to introduce ourselves, don’t you think?” Kyung eyed each of s. They shrugged casually.

 

“Okay, let’s start now…” His eyes shifted towards you. You gazed at him, baffled. Kyung nodded at his friends, “What are you waiting for? Introduce yourself. Don’t tell me you’re expecting me to kick your first?”

 

They quickly stood up simultaneously. Yoo Kwon was the first one to introduce him self, “Hi! I’m Kim Yoo Kwon as you can see! But you can call me U-Kwon! Nice to meet you!”

 

Second one was a short guy with a nice aura around him, “Hello, I’m Lee Taeil. Just call me Taeil.”

 

“I’m Ahn Jae Hyo. Call me Jae Hyo.” The pretty boy earlier winked at you.

 

“Lee Minhyuk. I prefer B-Bomb though.” The red-haired guy scratched his head.

 

“Park Kyung. Nice to meet you.” He smiled charmingly.

 

The boy that had a deep voice earlier chirped, “Hi! I’m P.O! My real name is Pyo Jihoon! I may not look like one but I’m actually the maknae of this group!”

 

And last but not least, you turned to him. “You already know me so let’s just save it.” He coolly said. You just nodded.

 

When the others had introduced themselves, 7 pairs of eyes were fixed on you, obviously waiting for your introduction. You nervously looked at them. Slowly, you stood up and bowed, “I’m ~~~~~. Han ~~~~~.”

 

“Wah! Pretty name for a pretty girl!” P.O clapped his hands together cheerfully. Jae Hyo smacked his head, “Don’t hit on her. You are still a sophomore.” P.O cutely pouted while rubbing his sore head.

 

“So, which class are you in?” Taeil flashed his charming smile at you. You opened your mouth to answer but U-Kwon beat you to it, “She’s in the same class as we are!” B-Bomb shot U-Kwon a look, “Are you Han ~~~~~?”

 

“No~ But I was just being a nice friend here!” U-Kwon goofily grinned. B-Bomb shook his head hopelessly. “Hey, guys. Let her talk. I want to hear her voice more.” Jae Hyo glared at his friends.

 

U-Kwon shut up and pretended to zip his mouth. B-Bomb just scoffed and crossed his arms. Taeil turned to you, “So, you are in the same class as them?” He eyed U-Kwon and the other two remaining guys. “Yeah.” You nodded with a small smile.

 

Kyung peered at Zico who was just standing beside him, not joining into the fun. He lightly nudged Zico, “Hey, man. What’s with the weird silence?” Zico snapped out and turned around, “Oh, sorry.” Kyung worriedly stared at Zico, “What’s wrong man?”

 

“Nah, it’s nothing.” He convinced but his eyes were searching for you. He couldn’t seem to take you off of his mind. *Why am I like this?* In the midst of talking with Block B, your eyes suddenly met Zico’s. He immediately broke off the contact when he realized that you were looking his way.

 

You did the same by ducking your head down. Your hands climbed upwards to your chest. You could feel your heart was drumming loudly and rapidly. P.O somehow took you back into the reality by calling you, “Noona?”

 

“H-huh?” You looked up with a blank expression. “Hey, listen to my story, guys!” U-Kwon chimed. All heads turned to him including you. Each one of you listened to U-Kwon’s story until Kyung suddenly questioned you, “Han ~~~~~. From now on, you should hang out with us, yeah?”

 

You grew touched by Kyung’s request. This was the first time a guy asked you to be their friend. You clamped a hand over your mouth and nodded eagerly. They cheered gleefully after hearing your answer. You smiled sincerely.

 

“~~~~~ noona is our friend now!” P.O jumped happily.

 

“Welcome to our gang.” Taeil took your hand and shook it.

 

B-Bomb just broke off into a small smile. Jae Hyo winked at you with a dashing smile attached on his lips. Kyung smiled as a response. U-Kwon made a little victory dance.

 

From the corner of your eyes, Zico was smiling your way but you didn’t notice that.

 

Throughout the period before class started, you spent your time chatting happily with Block B. Bit by bit, you became more cheerful and bright just like how you used to be.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------