Date

The Monster That Steals Her Heart

It was Saturday which was the day of the date Zico and you had agreed to do. You woke up early despite having a long period of hyperventilation over something small last night.

 

Hyo Won had accompanied you by sleeping over at your place. As expected, she was already preparing breakfast in the kitchen. You poked your head into the kitchen. Hyo Won turned to you, “Wow. You’re up early.”

 

Sheepishly, you scratched your head, still with your bed hair. She giggled over your silliness which she found it cute. “You should go take a shower.” An astonished look immediately replaced your face. As a matter of fact, you didn’t tell Hyo Won about the date you had made with Zico.

 

Not even a word about it.

 

You gulped as a nervous sweat trickled down your forehead. Hyo Won raised a brow in amusement, “You know I can read your mind, right? How could you not tell your own best friend about this?” She pouted. You timidly let out a nervous laugh. *How did she know?*

 

“~~~~~. I already told you. I am a psychic.” She joked. You opened your mouth to say something but Hyo Won added, “Hey, it’s not a big deal. But…” She glanced around and inched closer to your face. You curiously went closer to her too. “Are you really going on a date with him today?”

 

Pink shade crept up upon your cheeks as you shyly nodded, “Yeah.” She sighed and put on a sweet beam right after that. You couldn’t help but smile back. “By the way, I suggest you should go take a shower now.” She pointed at the clock that was ticking calmly, showing that it was already 8 in the morning.

 

Your eyes widened in disbelief, “I gotta go!” You ran into the bathroom and slammed the door shut with a loud bang since you were in a rush. Hyo Won chuckled, “Silly girl.”

------------------------------------------------------------

“This one?”

 

“No. It’s too bright. Try that one.”

 

“How does it look?”

 

A pink dress was thrown onto the bed with a soft flop. Another one was taken. You eventually showed it to Hyo Won as she started examining it.

 

“Hm…”

 

“So? Is it okay?”

 

“No.” She shook her head in disappointment. You ducked your head down in dismay and tiredness. Who wouldn’t be tired after spending an hour choosing outfits just for a date?

 

“I think you should wear something…” She tapped her bottom lip with her index finger thoughtfully, “…pure. Pure! That’s right! Something pure!” She snapped her fingers.

 

You shot up and stared at her, “So, I should wear something white?” She nodded triumphantly, “Mmhm.” You heavily sighed, “But doesn’t white seem a bit…weird?”

 

“You’re right. White is too flashy. How about pink?” She suggested. Your mouth almost dropped by her suggestion. “You just said it’s too brig—” “That’s a hot pink. I want it to be softer.” She defended herself, crossing her arms as if she was a boss. You mentally groaned in frustration but eventually followed her order and grabbed a light pink and went to change.

------------------------------------------------------------

“Perfect!” Hyo Won clapped in satisfaction. You stood in front of her in a pink dress. If guys saw you right now, they would be blinded by your angelic face that perfectly matched with your simple yet beautiful dress.

 

“Come on! You wouldn’t want to be late on your first date!” She pushed you to the main door giddily. “It feels like you’re the one who’s going on a date today. Not me.” You stated with a smile. She smiled back and urged you to step outside, “Now go, ~~~~~!”

 

You shook your head. “Okay, I’m going now, Hyo Won. Don’t worry.” You bid her goodbye and disappeared from her sight. She shouted before you vanished from her eye-sight, “Bye, ~~~~~! Have a good time and don’t come home late!”

 

You chuckled. As much as she wanted you to go on a date with Zico, she still kept her ‘umma’ side.

------------------------------------------------------------

When you arrived at the park, Zico was already there, waiting for you in his casual clothes. You came over to him. When he noticed you, he quickly pushed off from a statue nearby, “You’re…late.” “Really?” You checked the time. It was still 11:40 am.

 

“Just kidding. Now let’s go eat lunch.” He led you to a nearby café. It was small and not that spacious but nevertheless it looked cute, well-arranged and beautiful. The two of you settled down near the windows at the corner.

 

The waitress came over, ready to take your order. After ordering, the two of you tried to engage a light conversation. “So what do you want to ask?” Zico started off. You looked up at him and thought for a split second.

 

“What are your likes and dislikes?”

 

He paused for a brief moment before turning back into his cool posture. “You can go on, Jiho…oppa.” You shyly urged him to continue. He cleared his throat and gazed at you seriously. “If I tell you what do I like…please don’t laugh.”

 

You eagerly nodded, anticipating for his answer. “Hello Kitty.” He whispered, lower than his usual voice. Confused, you tilted your head to the side, “Hello…Kitty?” He gingerly nodded, a bit embarrassed.

 

You stifled out a giggle. “See? You laughed at me.” Zico face-palmed. “N-no. It’s just—” You clamped a hand over your mouth. The laughter was threatening to come out at any time by now.

 

*Damn. This is freaking embarrassing. Why did I tell the girl I like that I like Hello Kitty?! Woo Jiho, you’re so lame!* He mentally cursed inside his head.

 

“I think it’s cute though.” You stated, too honestly though. “W-what? C-cute?” His lips were slightly puckered up in bewilderment. You nodded with a genuine beam. He softened. *She is really one special girl.*

 

“The order is here.” You noted as the previous waitress served you the drinks. Zico coughed in his fist and straightened up in his seat. “Let’s go on to the conversation.” He said. You nodded and continued on exchanging stories with each other.

 

It felt like your bond with Zico had connected deeply and became stronger. As time flew by, you fell in love with him more.

 

And same goes to Zico.

------------------------------------------------------------

You walked down the busy street with Zico by your side in the city of Seoul. Gazing at the sky and people who were busy running around made you smile. You even spotted a few couples walking side by side with their intertwined fingers, smiling cheerfully, filled with pure blithesome.

 

As the two of you were enjoying the long stroll, the moment was interrupted when you skidded to a stop. Zico peered at you warily, “Hey, what’s wrong?” You turned to your side only to spot an eye-catching shop. It was packed with cute accessories and other couple stuffs.

 

That was when your eyes were caught by the catchy necklace with a heart coated with silver. You stared at it for a while, amazed by its beauty. Zico somehow caught you looking at the necklace with interest. When you snapped back into the reality, you quickly shifted your gaze away from it, afraid that Zico might see you.

 

But he already did.

 

You continued walking but this time, Zico was the one who stopped. “Wait here.” He told you and ran off to the shop. You cocked your head to the side. *What is he doing?*

 

After a while, he came out. You were expecting to see him holding something but there wasn’t anything in his grip. *He’s not buying anything? I thought he bought something.* You shrugged your shoulder and followed along behind him.

 

The two of you were almost at the road while your head was packed with some confusing things until you didn’t notice that you kept on walking to the currently busy road.

 

“~~~~~!!!!” A voice that resembled Zico’s echoed through your ears as you turned to see a black car heading your way. You closed your eyes, expecting for you to be knocked out by the car but strangely, you didn’t feel anything at all.

 

You opened your eyes warily only to find Zico hugging you in his embrace. What you weren’t aware of was his hand that was leaning against the car, leaving a heavy damage on it. Your eyes rounded in horror. *Was he the one who damage the car?*

 

Zico looked at you with the same expression. His eyes turned black and empty just like the old times. You didn’t know why but a terrifying shiver suddenly went down to your spine.

 

Were you scared of him? Nevertheless, you stayed in his arms, feeling all weak and numb by this shocking scene.

 

Soon, people crowded around you with thousands of gasps. “Are you alright, young lady?” An elderly woman asked in concern. You stayed quiet, not able to say a word. It felt as if you had gone mute.

 

You shifted your gaze back to the man that had just saved your life. Now, you realized that…his hands were…cold. His hands were used to be warm or was it just your illusions playing with you?

 

You were confused now. Zico stared at you worriedly but his dark and black eyes didn’t seem to leave him.

 

*Woo Jiho, are you really a normal human being or not?*

------------------------------------------------------------