Promise

The Monster That Steals Her Heart

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a peaceful and serene Monday. You went to school early since you woke up too early, to be exact. Hyo Won wasn’t able to you to the school since she had some morning practices to attend.

 

You sighed as you made your way to the entrance with heavy steps, playing with the straps of your backpack. *It feels lonely to go to school without Hyo Won.* You formed a cute pout with your lips. *I wish there’s someone that wants to hang out with me…*

 

Fortunately for you, a pair of arms suddenly went circling around your waist from behind. You looked up in astonishment. “Jiho oppa?” He affectionately smiled and tightened his grip around your small waist, “Good morning.”

 

Pink shades started covering your cheeks in embarrassment as you stuttered out your greeting, “G-good morning.” Soft chuckle escaped his lips as he moved you forward, entering the school hallway. Instinctively, all attentions went to the two of you, especially the girls.

 

Soon, loud whispers were heard.

 

“Why is that loner hanging out with our Zico?”

 

“Eww. Did she forget who she is?”

 

“She never learns, huh? I guess Jane needs to teach her another lesson.”

 

“Are they dating?”

 

Hearing those bashful comments hurt you a lot. You wanted to run away now. You wanted to be free. Free from them. You squeezed your eyes shut. *When will this thing stop?*

 

Suddenly, an arm was wrapped around your waist. You looked up with a shocked expression. “Is it fun insulting people?” Zico started with a pissed look on his face. The noises came into an abrupt stop and all heads turned to him. “You guys are judging people by looks, am I right?” He raised a brow.

 

Everyone gulped with a nervous air surrounding the room yet didn’t bother to say a word. “So, listen carefully. All of you better stop mocking or insulting her since you don’t know her that well and each one of you…” Zico eyed the crowd.

 

“…better at least look at your reflection in the mirror. I’m sorry to say this but, you guys are just freaking hypocrites. You bastards should stop messing with my girlfriend or you have to face me first, understand?” He glowered with a menacing look filling his face up. All of them nodded with a terrified look on their face as they ran off to another place. You stared at Zico in disbelief but mostly in amazement.

 

“Oppa…” You croaked, trying to stop the tears from coming out. Zico shifted his gaze at you as he cupped your face with both of his hands. “Feeling better now?” He asked. You frantically nodded and buried your face into his chest, choking off the tears. Zico wrapped his arms around you as he rested his chin on your head, “Shall we go to our class now?” You nodded, “But can we stay here for 5 minutes, please?” He chuckled, “Anything for you.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During lunch time, Zico brought you to hang out with your ‘old friends’, Block B. When they saw you, all of them started cheering with a happy expression.

 

“We missed you, girl.”

 

“Welcome back~”

 

“It’s been a long time since we hang out together.”

 

“Noona! I missed you!”

 

“Baby!”

 

All of them skidded to a stop and all heads turned to Jae Hyo’s way. “What?” He blinked innocently. “What did you just say?” Zico questioned with a furrowed eyebrows. “What? I was just calling my ‘baby’.” Jae Hyo shrugged with a casual look.

 

Wrong move.

 

In a split second, Jae Hyo was now tackled onto the ground with Zico on top of him. “Who are you to call my girl ‘baby’?!” He glared at Jae Hyo with a pissed look. “H-hey! I was just kidding!!!” Jae Hyo started panicking. Soon, all of them burst out into a fit of laughter, including you.

 

“Wait, Jiho—AHHHH!!!!” A loud shriek could be heard. The remaining members just covered their ears from the ear-breaking shriek. “Come on. Let’s just ignore them. Let’s eat our lunch.” Kyung led you over to the picnic table. You nodded with a giggle as you looked at the two members fighting.

 

“That’s really immature.” P.O rolled his eyes. “Wow, look who’s talking.” Kyung stared at the maknae in disbelief. “What a mature maknae he is~” U-Kwon teased playfully. “Go, P.O!” Taeil whistled. B-Bomb just stayed silent with a cool posture, unfazed at all. “Well, yeah. Don’t judge a book by its cover. Even though I’m the maknae, doesn’t mean I have a childish behavior.” P.O pointed out as he turned his head to you.

 

“Noona, you should dump Jiho hyung and date me instead.” P.O winked. You just laughed it off over his silly joke. “Yah! I can hear that! Do you want to end up just like your hyung here?!” Zico snapped with the distressed Jae Hyo under him, as if trying to ask for help.

 

“No thanks. Immature things are so out of my league.” P.O replied casually that made the members crack up by his confident statement. You stifled out a giggle. “Hey, you guys better stop or we’ll eat your food for you.” Kyung grinned as his hand was now on top of Zico’s bread. “Hey! Don’t you dare touch my food! I’m freaking hungry right now that I want to eat!” Zico came over with a huff, leaving Jae Hyo on the cold and hard ground.

 

“Well, eat. Nobody told you not to eat.” Kyung rolled his eyes. Zico sat down next to you and began to eat his lunch. Jae Hyo limped over with a frown, “I’m hungry.” “Oppa, come sit and eat.” You gestured him, patting a vacant seat next to you. With that, his face lit up as he darted over with his tray, “I know you still love me, baby.” He winked.

 

You giggled as Zico, on the other side, gave Jae Hyo a hard look which made him shrunk. That time, you had spent most of your time laughing over Block B’s lame jokes. The jokes were not that hilarious but it was a miracle that the jokes had made you laugh a lot. They were relieved to see you in this state.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunch break was over and all of you had returned to your own classroom except for Zico and Kyung.

 

You wondered what had happened between them but shrugged it off since you didn’t want to break into other people’s privacy. Hyo Won came over to you. “Where did you go during lunch time?” She pouted. “Sorry. I ate with Block B.” You meekly laughed. She frowned, “I haven’t been able to spend a quality time with you these days.”

 

You waved your hand in the air, “No, Hyo Won. It’s okay! I’m not alone anymore.” “I guess you’re right.” She put her index finger under her chin. You looked around. Something felt odd. There was something missing.

 

“Have you seen Myungsoo anywhere?”

 

Hyo Won glanced at you and casually shrugged, “Don’t really know. He didn’t come to school today so…well, whatever. I don’t care anyways.” Your shoulder slumped. *I wonder why though.*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Woo Jiho.”

 

“Hm?” Zico turned around, looking at his friend, Kyung. “Did you tell her that you’re—” “A vampire? Yeah.” Zico cut off and nodded. “So, she accepted it right away?” Kyung blinked. “Not really. She took a lot of time before making her decision.” Zico sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

 

“Ah…” Kyung nodded but that didn’t mean he was done. “Do you truly love her?” He suddenly brought it up. Zico paused for a brief moment before answering, “Yeah.”

 

“Good. I don’t want to see her sad face anymore. It’s miserable.” Kyung looked up at the clear sky.

 

“You really care for her huh, Kyung?” Zico raised his eyebrow. Kyung nodded without hesitation, “Yeah.” “Just trust me, Kyung. I promise I won’t leave her. I love her. How can I leave her in this kind of state? I’m in love with her.” Zico’s face softened as thousand of pictures of you kept playing inside his head.

 

Kyung stared at his best friend in admiration. *I trust you and I know you won’t leave ~~~~~.*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, everyone! Here's a little present for you! Although I did update a new chapter, doesn't mean that my exam days are over. There's still one more week to go and after that I'm free~ Sorry for making you wait, guys~ I really appreciate it! So enjoy this little gift! See you guys later! :)

~Still on Hiatus