War Begins

The Monster That Steals Her Heart

-----------------------------------------------------

Aghast, Zico stared at the guy that stood in front of him. Taewoon responded by giving him a cold icy stare. He couldn’t help but flinch because of the stare.

“Do something that you should do, Taewoon,” His father exclaimed with a dark expression. “Yes, father,” He replied and took a step forward, heading towards the two of you. Each step he took made Zico feel more anxious and held you as tight as he could. “Don’t hurt her, hyung. If you lay a hand on her, I won’t forgive you,” Zico warned.
 

“It’s my job to get rid of her, Jiho. I don’t have any other choice,” He calmly said as he had successfully made his way towards the two of you. “Bastard,” Zico breathed, gritting his teeth while glaring at his brother. “Say whatever you want,” Taewoon remarked before throwing a punch across Zico’s face. Zico doubled over with a grunt and unconsciously loosened his grip on you.

Taewoon scooped your inanimate body up. Not long after that, a fist landed on his back, leaving a big bruise on it. “!” He shouted, turning around, only to receive another powerful punch from his little brother. Zico took the chance and fluidly snatched you away from Taewoon and swiftly fled to the exterior of the building.

Taewoon got up from the ground and spat out blood due to the punch he had just received. Without wasting any time, he fled outside as quickly as possible. His father looked at Taewoon’s disappearing shadow and turned his attention to his loyal servant, Sang Min.

 

“Call the others. Those werewolves we caught would come in handy.”

 

“Your wish is my command, master,” Sang Min bowed and immediately took off.

-----------------------------------------------------

As soon as he landed on the ground, he searched for a secure place for you. Once he spotted a decent spot, he hurried over and put you behind a big rock. Giving you a kiss on the forehead, he whispered in your ear, “Be safe. I’ll be back,” and ran back to the previous place.

“Why are you so desperate to keep the girl safe?” Taewoon questioned as he appeared behind Zico. As a reflex, Zico turned around and glared at him, “A cruel vampire like you won’t understand.” “Look who’s talking. You’re a vampire yourself,” Taewoon retorted and leered at his brother. “Damn you!” Zico smacked him with all of his might, sending Taewoon to collide with the walls of the castle.

Instead of boiling with anger, Taewoon smirked, wiping off his blood on the corner of his lips. Every time he did that, Zico’d flinch on the inside but tried his best to act unfazed. “Come on, Jiho. I suggest you to leave behind that thing. I wouldn’t want to hurt my precious little brother, would I?” Taewoon pointed out and went back to his cold side. Zico gritted his teeth and glowered at his brother. After all they’ve been through, how could his own brother do this to him?

“I thought you trusted me with all your life! And now what?! You betrayed me, hyung! You chose that man over me!” Zico shouted furiously, which made the ground shake slightly. Taewoon looked at Zico, this time didn’t dare to speak up, and somehow his eyes began to soften. “That brutal man that didn’t even take care of me when I was a little kid is the one you trusted more, huh?” Zico continued with a dark expression on his face, although, on the inside he was hurt. The big scar on his heart started to open again as his memories came flooding back. The memories that he had wanted to erase from his head so badly.

 

A moment of silence began. No one was talking.

 

Only the gust of the wind could be heard.

 

The sky turned grey, just the same as Zico’s heart.

 

Taewoon stepped forward slowly, didn’t bother speaking up.

 

“I did trust you, Jiho. But I had no other choice. I’m just a weakling compared to him. He’s too…strong. No one can stop him,” Taewoon whispered softly, confused with his own feelings. “Hyung—”

“My, my. What’s this? Brothers’ reunion? How touching,” Sang Min suddenly appeared out of nowhere, faking a sniff. Zico’s softened look hardened the moment Sang Min came into his sight. “Looks like we’re losing an ally. Oh well, we have other powerful ones so it doesn’t matter,” Sang Min smirked devilishly.

“What do you me—” Zico’s words were cut off when Sang abruptly snapped his fingers. In a split second, huge and malicious-looking werewolves landed on the ground without warning. The brothers looked around and found that they were now surrounded by the werewolves. The look in their eyes only meant one thing…and that was to eat the both of them.

“I bet this is going to be nasty.” Taewoon muttered and brushed the back of his hand across his lips.

One of the werewolves made the first move and leaped towards Zico, ready to tackle him down. Although, to his dismay, Zico turned around and pinned him down onto the solid ground, cracking the earth with a hard blow in one swift movement. Taewoon was caught up in dodging another wolf’s attack but caught a glimpse of a black werewolf that was ready to give Zico a surprise attack from the back while he was busy bombarding the other wolf hundred of deadly punches.

Taewoon widened his eyes and shouted, “JIHO! BEHIND YOU!” The moment Zico turned around, the wolf was ready to scratch him with those dangerous claws. Zico squeezed his eyes shut as a reflex *!*

But…nothing painful could be felt. He didn’t feel anything sharp land on his body. He warily opened his eyes and was startled to find Kyung standing in front of him with his hand that had penetrated through the wolf’s body. Blood oozed out, endlessly pouring out of the wolf’s body. Kyung freed his bloody hand out of the dead body as it fell down with a loud thud.

“Kyung?” Zico gaped at his friend. Soon, 5 other figures emanated. P.O looked at Zico worriedly, “Hyung! Are you okay? Are you hurt?” “I’m fine,” Zico replied and ruffled his hair. Taeil came over to Kyung and observed Kyung’s bloody hand. “What?” Kyung asked when he felt Taeil’s weird stare on him. “Is your hand okay?” He asked and took it, viewing it at every angle. “Yeah, it’s fine,” Kyung sighed and yanked his hand back to his side.

“I was just asking. No need to be mad,” Taeil remarked and joined his other friends.

Loud growl could be clearly heard. All of them searched for it and instantly found another werewolf glaring at them when he found out that his friend was killed by Kyung. All of them looked at each other and nodded.

 

“Let the hell break loose.”

-----------------------------------------------------

An unusual cold wind brushed your pale and delicate skin. Your eyebrows pinched together in displease. Slowly, you regained consciousness. The blur vision had now started to clear up although there was still a swirling sensation. You felt pain at the back of your head as you rubbed it to relieve the pain. You glanced around, forgetting what happened previously, “Where…am I?”

You stood up, looked around for the second time and roamed around the unfamiliar place. Suddenly, you remembered the whole situation. You gasped loudly, “Where’s Jiho?!” You searched for him which wasn’t plausible at the time. You gave up and sat down since your knees were getting weaker and weaker.

Somehow…this felt like déjà vu. Getting lost and becoming weaker by the time. It was just the same as the incident during the snowstorm. You sighed heavily, tired and the headache didn’t even leave your head.

Suddenly, you heard a rustling sound. You immediately shot up, scanning the surrounding. *What was that?* You took that as one of your imagination since you were too tired to think of it and wanted to relax yourself for a while.

Even though, that didn’t last long…when someone appeared behind you secretly. He cupped your mouth in a split second as you gasped upon finding a hand suddenly covering your mouth. You peered at the person and instantly, your eyes turned as wide as saucers. *Oh no.*

-----------------------------------------------------

Uhm, sooo...*cough* hello, readers! Sorry for the extremely slow update! I was busy with my school life so yeah~ Hope you enjoy reading it & stay tuned! :)