Confronting Time

The Monster That Steals Her Heart

A few weeks had passed. It took a very long time to figure out those unusual feelings of yours. On your way to school, you kept trailing off towards the road until a pair of hands caught you by your shoulders.

 

You looked behind over your shoulders to see your savior. “Thank yo—” Your eyes rounded in surprise at the sight of Hyo Won. “Good morning, hunny~” She cooed affectionately.

 

You were too startled to find her standing beside you right now. She raised a brow with an amused smile playing on her lips, “If you are wondering why I suddenly appeared early in the morning beside you right now, then I guess I’ll have to explain.”

 

You nodded, agreeing to what Hyo Won had just said. She breathed out, “Morning practices were canceled. That’s all.” “Really?” You mused at her. “Well, yeah. If it weren’t then I wouldn’t be standing here right beside you.” She pointed out which was truthfully correct.

 

“Oh, let’s get back to the main point. What were you thinking just now?” She gave you a look. “What?” You looked around, baffled. “Don’t play dumb with me, ~~~~~. Now spill the thoughts.” She sternly demanded, putting both of her hands on her hip.

 

“Fine.” You sighed, giving in. She cheered happily.

---------------------------------------------------------

“So…” Hyo Won began with her eyes that were wide like saucers. Her bread fell onto the floor as she loosened her grip onto it. She continued, “…You like him?” You hopelessly nodded.

 

“Since when?” She questioned, extremely shocked. “I…don’t know.” You breathed weakly. Hyo Won was shocked but her surprised look immediately turned into a grin. You stared at her, “W-why are you like that?”

 

“Oh, nothing. I just have a good feeling about this.” She wiggled her eyebrows amusedly. *What are you trying to say, Hyo Won?* You sighed. “Are you going to tell him?” Hyo Won suddenly brought up the dreaded subject. You stiffened. *I never thought about telling him or confessing to him.*

 

“So?” She rested her cheek in her palm, waiting for your answer. You grew uncomfortable and looked away, still not replying to her question. “~~~~~?” She peered at you, trying to read your face. “No.” Finally, you answered with a gulp.

 

“Why?” She said with a raised brow. “I don’t know whether he likes me or not, Hyo Won. It’s embarrassing. Won’t you get freaked out when someone suddenly confessed to you even though you didn’t do anything to make him like you?” You pointed out, as if trying to get to her back.

 

“Okay, okay. I understand.” She pouted while raising both of her arms in the air in surrender. You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms.

---------------------------------------------------------

“Add the x here.” Mrs. Lee wrote down the notes she was holding. The sound of the chalk slamming against the board could be heard. You absent-mindedly wrote down the notes without even reading it.

 

Ever since you had found out that you had fallen for Zico, your mind kept wandering off. You couldn’t think straight. The pencil you were holding tapped on the desk as you loosened your grip onto it. *Should I confront him?*

 

You bit your lip. *What if…* You paused for a bit when your mind went blank again. What you weren’t aware of was the guy that sat beside you had been watching your every move.

 

Zico gazed at you for a long time. Whenever he saw you smile, his heart would do a flip-flop and all he could see was…you. Was this some kind of a disease? He had never experience this kind of thing once in his lifetime.

 

Never even once.

 

He glanced at the confused you for the second time. His black and empty eyes nonchalantly turned into brown and warm eyes. He didn’t know why but the only thing he knew was that you had changed him a lot.

 

Ever since he came here, he had laid his eyes on you. At first, you were in the same state as him but it gradually changed. The two of you had started to open up.

 

*I think it’s time to tell her.* He squeezed his eyes shut, exhaling heavily.

---------------------------------------------------------

You went straight to the school garden. You didn’t know why but it felt as if that you should come here. Something inside you was urging you to come here. You sat down on a long bench.

 

Still in deep thoughts, you indifferently looked up at the clear sky. That was when a warm voice called for your name.

 

“~~~~~!”

 

You curiously turned to your right side. Your eyes rounded in surprise, “Oh, Myungsoo.” He beamed and came over, “What are you doing here? Skipping lunch, huh?” “Sort of.” You smiled weakly. L caught your concerned look and solicitously glanced at you.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?” His eyebrows pinched together.

 

“Yeah.” You faintly replied. Even though he wasn’t convinced at all, he just nodded. He didn’t want to force you to tell him everything that you had in mind. You rested your head in your palms restlessly.

 

L continued to watch your every move. You peered at him and flashed him a faint smile before giving him an apology, “I’m sorry for not being able to tell you my problems.” He was a bit surprised but a wide smile automatically took its place upon his lips. “You’re welcome. And the least I can do is to…” He turned to you.

 

You gave him a confused look yet you were curious at what he would do to you next. *What’s the least he can do?*

 

And to your surprise, you were now trapped in between his long, protective arms. Your eyes grew wide as you became frozen on the spot, not knowing what to do next. He then rocked you side to side in a comforting manner. His warm and big hand gently patted your back.

 

You now realized how precious L was to you. You perceived how much you had cherished him even though you had just met. But, what were you to him?

 

Just like before, you were swallowed by your thoughts again. You just stayed in his arms for a long time. What you didn’t notice was there was a pair of eyes looking your way.

 

*That ! I’ll make you suffer after this. I swear I will.* Jane glared your way.

 

L warmly hugged you as you remained still in your position until all of a sudden a hand hastily snatched your arm. You instantly looked up and let out a gasp. Zico was resentfully glowering at L, who was surprised at the same time.

 

You glanced at them one by one nervously, afraid that a fight might break off. “What are you doing here, Woo Jiho?” L menacingly hissed at Zico. “Don’t mess with me, Kim Myungsoo.” Zico scowled and without any hesitation, he dragged you off.

 

L hurriedly went after you. You hesitatingly followed Zico since you had no other choice. An apologetic look could be seen upon your face as you stared at L who was trying to catch up with the two of you.

 

Just when L’s hand was about to grab yours, Zico yanked you towards his chest, cupping your head to face his chest with his hand. “Don’t go after her, dammit! She’s not yours!” Zico pointed out harshly.

 

With those words, L’s heart stung a lot. Reality came back at him right after hearing that you weren’t his. He wanted to protect you but you were not his. His hurt face could be obviously seen by you. You wanted to come and comfort him but in this kind of state, you wouldn’t be able to though.

 

Zico pulled you and started to drag you off with him again. You hopelessly glanced at the heartbroken L who was now lowering his head with a hurt expression that remained still on his face. *I'm sorry, Myungsoo.*

 

It felt like it was a déjà vu. The past kept repeating again.

 

“Jiho, wait!” You breathed heavily, absolutely losing your breathe. He turned to you for a moment.

 

Anyhow, he continued dragging you. He slammed you against a wall and leaned his fist against the wall, trapping you. His hot breathe tingled your neck. Your eyes widened with a panic look, “Jiho, why are you like this?!”

 

“You.” He muttered softly. “W-what?” Baffled, you stared at him. “I’m like this because of you.” He repeated. Just by those words, your heart fluttered. “Why me?” You managed to say it out loud.

 

“You made me turn into a person that’s not me.” He stared deep into your eyes. His black eyes couldn’t be seen anymore. Instead, a pair of soft, brown eyes replaced them.

 

“Wha—”He cut you off by continuing his words, “Every time I see you, my heart flutters. Whenever I hear your laugh, I can’t help but to be mesmerized by it. And…when you smile, you made my heart melt.” His dazzling eyes pierced through your eyes.

 

What did he mean by that?

 

You were dumbfounded yet at the same time shocked. His pale yet gorgeous face shone through the shining light, pointing out those perfect features of his. You couldn’t help but be allured by his face. You didn’t want to admit it but…

 

You already fell for him.

 

He looked away, closing his eyes as he breathed before saying those words.

 

“I love you, damn it.”

---------------------------------------------------------