One Eccentric Day

The Monster That Steals Her Heart

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Once you arrived in front of the school entrance, you raced up to your classroom, expecting to see Zico. Seeing him was a must.

 

However to your dismay, the seat you were expecting to be occupied was vacant. You stared at it in bewilderment but nonetheless, shrugged it off. *Maybe he overslept.* You made a wild guess even though deep inside, you were worried about him. What if something bad happened to him?

 

You shook your head, brushing off all of the negative thoughts. You settled down on your seat and stared blankly ahead. You turned your head to the back, expecting for this particular person to be there but he wasn’t there.

 

You dismally turned around and caught your chin in your palms, *I haven’t seen Myungsoo oppa in a long time. I wonder he is right now?* “Myungsoo again?” A voice spoke up in somewhat annoyed tone. You knew who the owner of the voice was but nevertheless looked up, “Morning, Hyo Won.”

 

“Mmhmm. So, are you thinking about Myungsoo?” She scrunched up her face all of a sudden upon saying that name. “Yes and Jiho oppa too.” You dejectedly glanced over the empty seat beside you. “Meh, it’s not that bad. Just wait for him and he’ll eventually show up.” Hyo Won shrugged ever so casually. “I know. But I can’t help but worry about him.” You sighed heavily.

 

Hyo Won rolled her eyes, “Best friend just cares for her boyfriend. She forgot about her one and only best friend. Figures.” Somehow, her voice sounded a bit hurt and filled with an overwhelming jealousy. “Sorry.” You meekly laughed. “No need to. After all, I’m no longer your best friend. Just strangers.” She sulked with a pair of arms crossed in front of her chest.

 

“Come on, Hyo Won. Don’t be like that. You are my best friend!” You proclaimed and somewhat tried to cheer her up. “Okay, whatever.” She groaned and sat down on her seat but you knew that she felt a bit better just by the looks of it. Even if she didn’t show it.

 

Suddenly, the door slid open. You looked up curiously, with hope that it was the guy you were imagining to see. Unfortunately, it wasn’t Zico or even L. Worry started growing inside your chest. Instead, Kyung and U-Kwon came in. That eased you up a bit. At least his friends showed up and you could ask them where he would be by this time.

 

“Kyung oppa, U-Kwon oppa!” You went over to them. They both glanced at you at the same time, “Yeah?” “Can I ask you guys a question?” You said. “Sure.” They nodded in approval. “Do you know where Jiho oppa is right now? Is he coming to school today?” You questioned with a concerned tone. They exchanged a puzzled look with each other.

 

“He didn’t come to school? He’s late?” U-Kwon asked you instead. You shook your head, “He didn’t. That’s why I asked you guys.” You caught Kyung staring at his feet, probably deep in his thoughts. Soon, he slowly spoke up, “Maybe…it’s that time again…” “Huh? What time?” You were beyond confused now.

 

“No. Nothing. I was just mumbling to myself.” He tried to get the subject away. But that didn’t stop you from forcing him to spill out the secret. “Tell me, Kyung oppa.” You begged with faith sparkling in your eyes. Kyung sighed, sounding like he had given in. You brightened but instantly faded when Kyung said, “I’ll tell you when the right time comes.”

 

“And when will that right time come?” You stared at him in astonishment. Why couldn’t he just spill the beans out? It must be really important, knowing that even Kyung didn’t want to tell you. You had no choice but to wait for the right time. No matter how long they kept the secret, sooner or later the secret would be revealed anyways.

 

“Thanks for telling me, oppa.” You gave him a faint smile as Kyung nodded alongside U-Kwon who was nodding his head like Kyung. You waved at them and went back to your seat, resuming your wild guesses in your head.

 

*Jiho oppa is not here. Myungsoo oppa is gone too. I wonder what will happen next. I just hope that everything will be fine right after this.*

 

But you couldn’t deny the fact that you had a bad feeling about what was going to come after this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------