When Winter Comes

The Monster That Steals Her Heart

The temperature of the surroundings started to drop as winter approached by. You were covered inside a cozy and thick blanket in front of the TV.

 

Your eyes started to droop even though it was still early in the morning. Since it was freezing cold, you felt sleepier and sleepier.

 

Hyo Won popped her head from the kitchen’s door, “Good morning, ~~~~~!”

 

You nodded and yawned. Hyo Won chuckled watching your cute behavior and eventually went back cooking.

 

*It’s so cold. I’m bored and I’m sleepy.* You flipped through the channels absent-mindedly and stopped at the news program.

 

“Today is the second day of winter season and it feels cold already!” The reporter said in her thick jacket, shivering as cold breeze brushed past her.

 

“The weather today will be as cold as ever and we’re forecasting there will be a snowstorm so please stay inside your house for safety, everyone.” She explained.

 

You stared at the news as Hyo Won approached the sofa, “Snowstorm?”

 

You nodded, not looking at her. You were engrossed in warming yourself up from the cold temperature.

 

You blew your hot breathe as white steams were released from it to the cold air. You were bored since there was nothing to do.

 

You looked out at the window. *Should I go out?*

 

*But there’s nothing to see. By this time, the animals are probably hibernating. The leaves are gone and I can only see white snows out there.* Your shoulder slumped in disappointment.

 

Hyo Won noticed that you were looking out at the window longingly. She came to you, “You can go out if you want to.”

 

You lifted up your head and looked at her, “Huh?” She giggled, “If you want to since you’re bored.”

 

You paused for a moment and slightly nodded as you stood up and grabbed the wool jacket hanging on a stand.

 

She waved at you, “Remember, when the snowstorm comes, come back instantly, araso?”

 

“Okay.” You waved at her back and left outside.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

*So cold.* Cold wind brushed against your face and made you shiver.

 

“It’s really white. Nothing more.” You sighed as you looked around your surrounding covered with white, thick snow.

 

You wandered around for another 15 minutes until you realized that…you were lost.

 

“Umm…” You bit your lip as you looked around the new and unfamiliar place.

 

You didn’t realize that you were going further from your home until reality snapped back. *What do I do?*

 

Palpitating, you roamed around aimlessly, trying to find the way back. But luck was not on your side this time because you couldn’t go back.

 

As the time flew by, you grew more anxious and started to lose hope. You sat down since your knees felt weak.

 

*It feels so lonely.* You thought to yourself, sensing the quiet surrounding.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour had passed. The sky was getting darker by the time and the wind started to get colder than usual. But it looked fishy since it was still in the afternoon.

 

You rubbed your arms to provide some heat. *Why is the sky getting darker?*

 

Then, a bell rang inside your mind. *Oh. That’s right. The snowstorm.*

 

Right at that time, you stood up on your knees and tried to find the path that you used just now.

 

Soon, the snowstorm came.

 

The wind went violent as the light branches were flung away by the strong breeze. The clouds disappeared and the torrential snow fell from the sky heavily.

 

You started coughing and shuddering when all of a sudden…you caught a glimpse of a black figure that was not too far away from you.

 

Little by little, the figure went nearer and nearer.

 

You furrowed your eyebrows, trying to get a better look at the figure. *What’s that thing?*

 

Finally, the figure was just a few inches away from you. It was actually a guy wearing black. A drop-dead-gorgeous one.

 

You can clearly see his sharp yet mesmerizing eyes that were cold enough just to send terrifying shivers down to your spine.

 

His pale yet gorgeous face made your heart skipped a beat.

 

His hair fell perfectly in its place. You could see his…pink and seducing lips that made your knees weaken just by looking at it.

 

What is this feeling?

 

Just by that, your eyes rolled back and went black as you heard a heavy thud for the last time you can even remembered.

----------------------------------------------------------------