Confrontation

The Monster That Steals Her Heart

-------------------------------------------------

“Well, well, well. What do we have here? The hero is here already, huh?” Sang Min leered with an amused look masking his face, “I thought we already made a deal.” “Bastard.” Zico hissed with a disgusted look, never even once left his gaze at Sang Min. “Jiho…” You whispered, shifting your gaze to his flawless face. “Don’t worry. I’m here.” Zico reassured you, which calmed you a bit.

 

“Oh my. You got a lot of hostility towards me, huh? Woo Jiho.” Sang Min teased with his evil smile. “Who wouldn’t hate you? People like you should just go scram and burn in hell.” Zico spat, not forgetting to send Sang Min a piercing glare. “Ouch,” Sang Min put a hand on his heart, feigning a hurt expression, “That hurts, you know.”

 

“Enough with your act. Where’s the other bastard?” Zico asked, demanding for an answer. “Ah, right. I came here to bring you to master. I almost forgot about that. Come on. Let’s go,” Sang Min nodded without forgetting his mischievous smirk, “Oh. And don’t even think of running away. I got you all under my control.”

 

Without any other available choices, the two of you dreadfully followed behind, ready to face every obstacle that was waiting ahead of you. Shaking in fear, you slowly trailed behind Zico. *I hope nothing bad is going to happen.* Suddenly, you felt a cold hand grab your trembling hand, giving it a tight squeeze. You looked up only to find Zico staring down at you with a soothing smile. Although his hand was cold, it still gave you warmth that was enough for you to regain your courage and confidence.

-------------------------------------------------

“Yah. Do you have any idea where we are right now?” Kyung looked around that could barely be seen. “Hyung! You said you knew where it is!” P.O whined, messing his hair up in frustration. “Hey! I said I only know there’s a place called prison here! I didn’t even mention that I knew where it was!” Jae Hyo practically yelled, mostly trying to defend himself.

 

“Awww, I’m hungry.” U-Kwon pouted, petting his grumbling stomach. “You think I’m not?” B-Bomb sighed, scratching his head. Even he himself felt hungry. Better yet, starving. “Stupid. This is stupid, stupid, stupid!” P.O cursed under his breath. Soon, the moment fell into a dead silence but didn’t last long when they heard a soft chuckle. “What the—Kyung? Why are you laughing? You mad or something?” U-Kwon’s jaw dropped, dumbfounded to find his friend laughing during this crucial moment.

 

“Look what happened to hyung! I bet he’s starving that he has gone insane!” P.O yelled, blurting out his thoughts. Instantly, a hand landed on the back of P.O’s head, earning a loud grunt from P.O. “Whaa—HYUNG!” He cried, clutching onto his throbbing head. “Shut it. You talk too much.” B-Bomb grumbled. “Oh right. Why were you laughing, Kyung-ah?” Jae Hyo turned his attention back to the younger. “Ah, it’s nothing. I just can’t believe we, the vampires, don’t even know the intricacies of our own lair. It’s just funny.” Kyung let out another snigger. “Geez. I thought you were crazy or something.” Jae Hyo shook his head. “Hey. We gotta move on now. What’re we waiting for? ~~~~~ needs our help! Come on!” U-Kwon exclaimed as others nodded and shuffled forward.

 

Seemed like it was going to be a long way for them to reach their actual destination.

-------------------------------------------------

The two of you halted in front of a man, sitting on a red velvet royalty chair. Goosebumps started building up upon your body. Shivers wouldn’t stop running down your spine. Your hands felt cold as icy beads of sweats trickled down, soaking your already damp palms. Good thing Zico was by your side right now. If he didn’t come here to save you, you’d have died already. For sure.

 

“I haven’t seen you in a long time, Jiho. How are you?” The middle-aged man spoke up. Sure he’d be an old man if it weren’t for the fact that he was a vampire. He looked like the older version of Zico. Those weren’t the actual thoughts you were having, truthfully. The man that sat in front there seemed…familiar. It felt as if you’ve met him before. To add it up, he seemed like the most important man in this case. Maybe he had the key to all of these mysteries. The nightmare you had been having lately. The reason Zico entered your life. Or even the…past. The past that left a big, unhealed scar on your heart. Maybe he had all the answers to all of your unsolved questions. Maybe.

 

“Have we…met before?” Your mouth blurted out unintentionally. He shifted his attention to you and soon grinned. Even his grin looked familiar. “Oh yes. We met before,” He replied, “…in the past…”

 

At that exact moment, your heart stopped for a brief moment. The past he said? Your hands travelled up to your head, clutching it very tightly. *We’ve met before? In the past? But…when?* Suddenly, something clicked inside your head.

 

“Little girl, what are you doing here…?”

 

*Who called me little girl? Why can’t I remember those things? What’s wrong with me?* You squeezed your eyes shut, thinking that it could help you gain your lost memories back. Slowly, your energy drained out until you couldn’t even stand up that you slumped down onto the floor, feeling all weak and limp.“~~~~~!” Zico called and stooped down, wrapping his arm around your slim waist that was as if it could break if he held it tightly.

 

“You…” You breathed. Your voice was below a whisper. “…are that man…” With trembling hands, you managed to hold out your index finger, pointing at the man who was now smirking though you couldn’t see it clearly anymore due to your unclear vision.  

 

“...killed my mother…” You whispered before collapsing onto the cold and solid floor.

-------------------------------------------------