Wishing on a Moon

Wrong Love

You dropped back down onto your heels and opened your eyes to look Hero. He was smiling and his entire being seemed calm. He started to pull you into a hug but you suddenly jerked free.

Your entire face was red and you began to stutter, “I… You… sorry!” You turned around and weaved out of the crowd. *I can’t believe I did that! I was caught up in the moment and all, but I haven’t even told him how I feel! I am so stupid!* You pounded your head and headed towards the bar, where you had last seen Hyun Joo. You sat down on a stool and began to swivel around. You finally turned back and sighed heavily, and pounded your head on the table.

“Are you okay?” someone asked. You looked up, resting your chin on the table. It was the bartender. He was looking at you with concerned eyes and was leaning against the table right in front of you.

“Yep, just made a complete idiot of myself,” you mumbled rolling your eyes.

“Come on! I am sure it wasn’t that bad,” he said trying to comfort you. You hit your head against the table again. A minute later, you heard a soft thud next to you. You looked over and there was a drink there. You turned your head towards the bartender. He smiled, “My treat, and don’t worry, if it is bad now it can only get better.”

You smiled and nodded, “Thanks.” The bartender nodded and continued to serve other people. You began to sip at the drink. It was extremely good. It tasted like a smoothie, but had the kick of liquor. After you finished your first one, you had two more before the bartender said no.

“It took some of the pain, but it can’t take all of it. You have to deal with the rest yourself,” he said, wiping up the table. You nodded as if you understood, but all of it was actually going right over your head.

“~~~~~! What are you doing?” Hyun Joo yelled running up to you.

“Hyun Joo…” you slurred, and gave her a grin.

“You can’t handle alcohol! Why did you drink?” Hyun Joo asked angrily, but concerned.

“You know what… I did it… I kissed Hero…” you said as if it was a tale from long ago.

“You did what?!” Hyun Joo screamed.

“I kissed Hero…even though I haven’t told him how I felt yet… I am so stupid…” you turned and pounded your head onto the table again.

“Oh ~~~~~?” Hyun Joo sighed sympathetically, and patted your shoulder. Suddenly, your head shot up.

“I want to dance,” you stated it confusedly. You started to get up, but were tripping over yourself.

“You are not going anywhere,” Hyun Joo stated, and pushed you back into your seat. You pouted and crossed arms over your chest stubbornly. Hyun Joo waved over the bartender and asked him to watch you for a second and make sure you didn’t go anywhere. She quickly disappeared into the crowd, but reappeared seconds later with Hero. “Can you take her back to the hotel?” Hyun Joo asked Hero.

“Wait! Why me?!” Hero exclaimed.

Hyun Joo rolled her eyes, “Because it’s your fault she drank.” Hero looked at you. You were foolishly spinning on the stool.

“Fine,” Hero agreed. Hero helped you up, but you began to stumble from the alcohol and spinning too much. You were practically falling over by the time you got outside the club. Hero was practically a crutch for you. Finally, Hero just crouched over and pulled you onto his back.

“Weeee!” you yelled as if Hero was a ride. *What did I do to make her drink so much?* Hero thought to himself. Hero walked through the hotel towards the elevators, and got strange looks as you screamed greetings to everyone you passed. Hero quickly got upstairs and headed to your room. He was about to knock on the door when he remembered Yi Jung’s sleepy face.

“He is probably completely asleep,” Hero mumbled. He sighed, not wanting to wake him up, and walked over to his room and opened the door. He set you down on the bed, and the second he did that you jumped up and ran for the door. “~~~~~! No!” You pouted and tried to get by him, but it was impossible. You stomped over to the bed like you were a little kid and sat down. Hero sighed heavily and rubbed his forehead. *I am not going to make it through the night. She should never drink if this is what she is like.* He looked over at the bed and you were no longer there. He ran over and looked on both sides of the bed and you weren’t there. *Where did she go?* He ran out to the small deck that was off the room. You were out there, sitting on a reclined chair, staring at the moon. Hero silently walked over to you and sat on the edge of the chair. You looked over at him and grinned hugely.

“What are you doing?” he asked softly.

“Nothing, making a wish,” you answered. Hero laughed at you.

“What are you wishing about?” Hero asked as if you were a five ear old.

You put your finger over your lips, “Shh…it’s a secret.”

“Can’t you tell me?” Hero chuckled.

You frowned, thinking hard for a second then smiled, “Sure.” You waved your hand, signaling him to lean down. Hero laughed, and did as you wanted. “I was wishing that I will have the courage to tell you how I feel about you,” you giggled.

“And how do you feel about me?” Hero asked.

You grinned and whispered, “I love you.” Hero leaned back and looked at you.

“Are you kidding?” he asked seriously.

You pouted, “I told you my wish and you make fun of it.”

Hero shook his head, “No, I didn’t mean…” He sighed. “You should go to sleep.”

You nodded and obediently got up, “Good night Hero!” you sang before you went inside.

Hero laughed and shook his head, “You are so weird… but…at least my wish and your wish are the same.” Hero smiled and continued to stare at the moon. “No I just need to tell you how I feel.”

 

 

One quick thing, did anyone else notice that the bartender was very deep. I thought it was funny. I also just realized my next few stories are going to have a lot to do with wishes.