Her Parents

Wrong Love

Yunho opened the door for Hero, so he could put you into the car. He set you down in the seat behind the drivers seat and shut the door quietly, making sure to not wake you up. Yunho ran around the car and got into the seat next to you, while Hero got into the driver’s seat and started the car.

“I have question,” Hero said as he pulled out.

“What is that?” Yunho said, content now that you were leaning on his shoulder.

“Why does she seem to cry about her parents so much?” Yunho tensed up and looked out the window. Hero looked in the rear view mirror at Yunho. He looked as if he wasn’t willing to talk about it. So Hero let the subject drop and he focused on driving.

Yunho turned and looked down at you and sighed heavily, “They passed away.” Hero almost hit the breaks and turned around.

“What?!” he shouted. Yunho brought a finger up to his lips to quiet Hero down.

“They passed away about two years ago.” Yunho said quietly.

“How?”  Hero asked looking at you in the rear view mirror.

Yunho sighed and started to tell the story, “Well… It was two years ago on her 18th birthday…”

<<>> 

“Umma! You promised,” You pouted.

“I know but we have to go to work quickly. Don’t worry we will be back right away,” Your mom smiled. Your parents had been working on a project at work and if they did a good job, it meant promotions.

“Fine,” you agreed. “But when you come home my cake needs to be this big,” you laughed as you stretched your arms to there maximum length. Your mom laughed and nodded.

“Come on! Let’s hurry so we can get back fast.” your dad called from out the door.

“Okay! Bye ~~~~~,” your mom said, kissing you on the cheek and running out the door.

“Hmmm… What should I do?” you thought looking back at the room. “I got it!” You ran into Yi Jung’s room and jumped on his bed. “Wake up sleepy head!” Yi Jung peeked out from under the covers and smiled.

<<>> 

“Wait! Her parent’s knew about Yi Jung?!” Hero exclaimed.

“Yeah, why wouldn’t they?” Yunho responded confused.

“But isn’t Yi Jung her kid?”

Yunho’s mouth dropped, “You are kidding me right?” Yunho said staring at Hero. “Yi Jung is her younger brother.”

Hero’s mouth dropped, “What?!”

“Shh… you will wake her up.” Yunho hissed. Hero bit his lip and continued to listen.

<<>> 

“Aigoo, you are just cute,” you said as you pinched his cheeks. Yi Jung laughed and tried to get free as you began to tickle him. “Do you want to go and buy some decorations?”

“Yeah!” Yi Jung cheered. You laughed and helped him get dressed. You carried him on your back, down a couple blocks to the mall.

“Yunho oppa!” You yelled as you walked in and let Yi Jung down. Yunho turned and looked at you.

“~~~~~! Why are you here? It’s your birthday.” You smiled and kissed him sweetly. Yi Jung slapped his hands over his eyes cutely. You looked down at him and laughed.

“My parents had to work quickly so I decided to buy decorations,” you explained, looking back at Yunho.

“Well… Are boyfriends allowed to help with ‘birthday’ shopping?” You laughed and nodded. Yunho grabbed your hand and started to walk around.

<<>> 

“I don’t need to know all those details!” Hero exclaimed.

“Fine,” Yunho said smiling.

“Jeez, you don’t get bragging rights,” Hero mumbled under his breath.

“What was that?” Yunho asked.

“Nothing,” Hero smiled, “Continue.” Yunho rolled his eyes and continued to tell the story.

<<>> 

Yunho and you finished shopping and you had a bag full of decorations. You all headed back to your house and began to put up all the decorations. Your phone suddenly rang and ran over to pick it up.

“Hello!”

“~~~~~, I’m sorry but we may not make it back as fast as we had hoped,” your mom explained.

“Umma! You promised! Can’t you come home now and do all the work tonight, after we celebrate,” you begged.

“…We will try. Okay?” you pouted.

“Okay, but hurry!” you shouted happily. You both hung up and you turned to  Yunho. “I don’t know if they will be coming.”

“Don’t worry,” Yunho smiled and wrapped his arms around your waist. “They will come.” He kissed you gently on the forehead. You giggled and nodded. You all worked for over an hour perfecting the decorations. But they still had not come home. You sat down and watched T.V. for a couple hours and they still hadn’t come home.

“Oh my gosh! I am going to call them!” You yelled jumping off the couch. You called your mom’s cell phone but no one picked up. You hung up and called your dad’s. Once again no one picked up. “Are they avoiding me?” you muttered. You called your mom’s phone one more time and someone answered.

“Hello!” it was a women’s voice but not your mom’s.

“Um… Hi! I am looking for my mom.” There was a long pause.

“What is your mother’s name?” she asked. You told her and there was an even longer pause.

“I’m sorry to tell you this, but your parents have just been in a car accident and they are in critical condition.” You almost dropped the phone.

“Where are they now?” you asked, your voice shaking. Yunho got out of his seat sensing something was wrong. The lady told you they were in the emergency room and the hospital’s name. You hung up the phone and ran over to Yi Jung. “Come on Yi Jung! We have to go somewhere quickly,” you rushed. Yunho walked over to you.

“What is wrong?” he asked sweetly.

You turned and looked at him teary eyed, “My parents were in a car accident.”

“I will drive you,” Yunho quickly stated. You nodded and Yunho picked up Yi Jung. You both got into Yunho’s car and drove off. When you got to the hospital you ran inside and went to the front desk.

“Where is the emergency room?” you asked. The lady quickly pointed it out. You ran down the halls and found the room. Doctors were rushing in and out of the room. A nurse walked by and you grabbed her.

“What is their condition?” you asked pointing to the room.

“It doesn’t seem very good,” she said sadly. You nodded and stepped to the side. Yunho came around the corner and saw you. He let go of Yi Jung’s hand and ran to you.

“~~~~~! How is it?”

“The nurse said it wasn’t very good.” You forced a smile.

“~~~~~…It’s okay, just let it out.” Your smiled dropped and your eyes filled with tears. Yunho wrapped his arms around you and held you close. Yi Jung eyes filled with tears and he walked over and hugged your leg. He didn’t know what was going on but he knew that it must be bad if it could make you cry. You all stood there until doctors started to flood out of the room with saddened eyes. One looked over and saw you. He walked over and touched your shoulder. You looked up at him with anxious eyes.

He shook his head, “I’m sorry. We could not save them.”

 

 

I decided to write this chapter because I wanted you to know what your relationship was  with Yunho and what happened to your parents. More will be explained in the next chapter. Recently I have been writing a lot of longer chapters. I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!