Bad Dreams

Wrong Love

Jim was staying in the hospital for a few more days, just so the doctor could make sure he was okay. Before you left, you made him promise to take care of himself and get some rest. He had laughed and told you that he would be staying with Min Ji’s family for the next couple weeks, and they would definitely not let him do any work. You smiled and left the hospital with Hero, who had silently stood in the corner the entire time. You both got in the car and headed home without saying a word. But even though you both didn’t speak, your minds where going crazy. You stared out the window with a bit of saddened look on your face. *I’m so glad he is okay. But…why do I feel so bad? It’s the past. Calm down. I hope I don’t have any dreams tonight. It will be okay. Just calm down.* Your mind felt as if it might explode as all the old memories flew through your head. Hero glanced out of the corner of his eye and looked at you. *What is wrong with her? Something isn’t right. She use to hold my hand but this was more like she needed me to support her. Like she was scared to be there.*  Hero pulled up to the house and stopped. You stared blanking at your knees and didn’t move. Hero leaned over and shook you slightly. You looked up at him, with glazed eyes.

Hero tilted his head and asked quietly, “Why do you care so much?” You were taken back by the question. *Is he being serious?* you thought.

“What?” you asked, shocked.

“Why do you care so much about a stranger?” Hero repeated.

“How can you not?!” you screeched. You were slightly tired and so you were easily annoyed. You had tried to maintain it but all the anger and frustration that you had been holding in was coming out because you were not strong enough to hold it in anymore.

“What is wrong with you?!” Hero yelled.

“Nothing!” you screamed, as you got out of the car and slammed the door. You just wanted to be alone. Hero got out behind you and followed you as you stormed into the house and slammed the door in his face. Hero’s mouth dropped. *What is going on?* He swung the door open and stormed after you.

“What did I do?!” Hero yelled at you, irritated.

You spun around and glared at him, “Nothing! And that is the point!” you stated with vehemence.

“What?” Hero glared at you, somewhat confused.

“You are just some coldhearted jerk!” That sent Hero over the edge. After all he had done for you, and you were acting like this.

“Well at least I am not some like you!” you glared at Hero. Then gave up and stormed up the stairs and slammed your bedroom door. You jumped onto your bed and screamed in frustration, which slowly turned into tears and sobs. *Why did I say that? We were sort of getting along. I might have been able to see Yi Jung.* You clung to your pillow and continued to sob with regret until you fell asleep.

Meanwhile, Hero was pacing back and forth in his room, scratching his head with frustration, “What the hell is wrong with her! I didn’t do anything to upset her! She is my maid and I am her boss!” He stopped pacing and smirked. He walked out of his room and straight towards your room. Without knocking, he opened the door and stormed in, expecting to see you pacing back and forth just like he was. But instead you were asleep in your bed. Hero stormed over ready to wake you up, but stopped once he saw you. You were crying in your sleep and muttering softly. Hero reached forward but before he touched you he pulled his hand back.

“Appa…” you muttered quietly as you shook your head, as if searching for something that was no longer there. Hero’s eyes softened and filled with sadness as he looked at you. “Umma…” you sobbed and more tears fell. You continued to mutter appa and umma for awhile but suddenly you began to mutter something different. “Yi Jung…no…I’m here… don’t cry…” you muttered as you shook more violently and your sobs grew louder. Hero felt as if might cry himself. He had never seen you this weak. Not when you were together before, and certainly not since you had come to his house. He couldn’t stand seeing you this weak anymore, so he reached over and shook you gently, trying to wake up. But instead of waking up, you reached over and clutched onto his hand, Hero’s eyes widened in surprised. He tried to pull his hand out but you held on so tightly it was impossible.

“~~~~~…” Hero whispered softly, as he tried to pull one more time.

You turned slightly and muttered, “Hyun Joong…”

Hero froze and thought angrily, *Hyun Joong?* You cuddled into his hand and your sobs slowly softened, which made Hero’s anger fade away. But suddenly, you pulled on Hero’s hand, which jerked him onto the bed. You let go of his hand and grabbed his arm. Hero was leaning on his lower arm trying to sit up, but you had him pinned. You rolled off your pillow and onto his arm, snuggling against it as if it was a pillow. You were less then a foot away from Hero’s face. Hero looked at your face. Tears were still dripping down your face but you looked peaceful. You shifted again and Hero lost balance. He fell down and was now on his side, lying next to you. Hero could feel your breath on his face, making his heart speed up. Hero looked at your face but he didn’t see the evil he had seen before. He just saw you, a sleeping girl, who missed the people she loved. Hero swallowed heavily, and closed his eyes, his heart filling with regret. You suddenly snuggled closer into Hero’s chest and held onto his shirt. Hero’s eyes shot open and he looked down at you. He smiled slightly and lifted his free arm. He was about to wrap his arms around you when he suddenly realized what he was doing. He quickly put his arm down and roughly pulled his other free. He got off the bed and jumped back. Hero raised his hand and put it on his chest, right over his loud thumping heart. *What is wrong with me? Stupid heart! This is the women who broke you!* Hero looked back at you as you turned over and snuggled into the blankets. *No! I can’t fall for her again. I can’t love her again.* Hero turned away and was about to walk out when he heard a soft cry. He turned around and saw you shifting constantly again. He slowly walked back over towards you and knelt down, as you started to mumble again. Hero grabbed onto your hand and looked at you. You stopped moving as tears began to fall onto your and Hero’s hands.

 Hero clutched your hand tighter and whispered softly, “It’s not that I can’t love you. It’s that I shouldn’t love you, not again.” Hero closed his eyes, but then opened them and looked back at you. He bit his lip and got up, letting go of your hand. He turned and headed towards the door. He grabbed the handle and looked over his shoulder at you one last time. He looked back at the door and opened it, wiping the tears off his face.

 

 

Poor baby :( He doesn’t want to get hurt again. How did you like it? I am excited for the next chapter! I hope you look forward to it! PLEASE COMMENT!