Plan in Action

Wrong Love

Hero did not bug you the rest of the day, he seemed to avoid you more then before. It was strange but it made it easier for you. As it grew darker and later, people began to head to their rooms, including you. Hero was walking down the hall with his hands in his pocket. Hyun Joo and both were laughing coming down the same hallway as Hero. You both looked up and stopped instantly.

You both bowed, “Goodnight master.”

Hero looked up, “Umm… Goodnight…” he walked past you.

Hyun Joo turned to you, “Did he look weird?”

You shrugged, “Maybe a bit.” You both continued walking to your rooms that were right next to each other and headed inside after saying goodnight. You shut your door and listened for the sound of Hyun Joo’s door closing. Once you heard it shut you quickly changed into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt with a jacket. You took a deep breath and walked up to the door. You exhaled then opened the door slightly. You peeked out but no one was there. You slipped out the door and shut it quietly behind you. You slowly walked down the hallway making sure not to make an unnecessary noise. As soon as you got down to the main floor you were able to let out the breath you had been unconsciously holding. Your heart was going crazy so you took a second to try to calm down. After you were better you looked both ways making sure no one was there. When you realized no one was even awake in the house, you sprinted around the corner to the back door. You sneaked out it and ducked behind some near by bushes. There were several security guards outside who were making their rounds. You waited for one to pass then began to crawl through the bushes, towards the front of the house. It was easier then you expected but your heart was about to burst inside your chest again. You were making so much noise as you pushed through the branches on the bushes and the twigs on the ground. Two security guards stopped in front of you and started to talk, for what seemed like, forever. You held your breath once again, not daring to move or make a sound. They eventually separated and went their different ways.  It was a clear path until you got out the gates, where a guard kept watch so now strange people got in, or out for that matter. You ran towards the gate but stopped right before you were off Hero’s property. You looked back at the house.

“Goodbye, don’t be angry anymore.” You whispered sincerely. You looked at the gate, took a deep breath, and then sprinted out into the street. The guard was thankfully asleep and didn’t hear you, so you were able to get away. You kept on running until your legs felt like Jell-o. You slowed down to a trudge and began to drag yourself through the strange streets. It was complex since you didn’t even know where you were. You passed some streets that were being used as a market but was currently empty. *I can find work here tomorrow.* You thought, not being able to go any further you collapsed in an alley. You laid there, to tired to move, but happy to be free. After almost two hours, you suddenly felt someone shaking you.

“Miss are you okay?” you opened your eyes. It was incredibly dark, and all you make out was the outline of a human. You smiled and nodded just wanting to go back to sleep.

“Is she alright!?” you heard another man yell.

“I think she is sleeping,” the man closest to you yelled. “Miss… wake up! You can’t sleep here.” He said, shaking you again. You sighed and lazily pushed yourself up. You opened your eyes and expected to see some security workers from the market or a nearby shop. But instead you saw two men dressed in raggedy clothes. They both looked older than you but one of them was giving off a comfortable grandpa feeling. “Are you okay?” the man asked again.

“Yes, I am fine. Who are you?” you asked trying to wake yourself fully up.

“Well you can call me, Jim,” the older man said smiling, seeming incredibly proud of the English name, no matter how common it was.

You tilted your head. *An English name? Doesn’t matter, he seems nice.* you smiled.

“Do you need a place to sleep?” Jim asked.

You looked around. *There is no way I am getting anywhere else to sleep.* You looked back to Jim, “Yep!” Jim helped you up and started to lead you down some streets. “Do you know where you are going?” you asked confused by the constant turns.

“Of course, I have walked this path hundreds of times.” He smiled confidently, looking forward again so he could continue to walk. He took one more turn and you suddenly, were surrounded by people. They were everywhere, dressed in the same tattered clothing as Jim was. You tilted your head confused and looked up at Jim. “This is where you live,” you said pointing forward at the alley. You felt something tugging on your shirt and you turned around. You saw no one at first but then you looked down and saw a little girl smiling up at you.

“You are pretty,” she cooed.

You smiled and crouched over, “Thank you.”

“Do you want to see where you can stay?” Jim asked. You nodded and tried to walk away but the little girl clutched your hand tightly.

“Pretty unni can sleep by me!” she exclaimed. Jim laughed and nodded as the little girl pulled you away to an area that had a tarp over some boxes. She pointed at the tarp. “My room!” she said grinning. She pushed you towards it as if you were and infant to scared to walk on your own. You slowly crawled in and looked around. Once you were in she crawled in right behind you but had a boy with her. He was roughly the same age as her. “This is my younger brother,” she introduced. You smiled and nodded, but the little boy hid behind her. After getting her brother situated in between you both, she laid down, “Good night pretty unni,” she whispered.

“Goodnight,” you sighed. You laid down on the ground which was like a amplifier, you could hear everyone’s foot steps from outside. You turned over, so you were facing the tarp, trying to block out the sounds. The girl began to shift in her sleep, and so did the brother. He suddenly cuddled into your back and you could hear his soft breathing clearly in your ear. A tear streamed down your cheek, *Yi Jung, I miss you.* you thought as tears continued streaming down your face, as you listened to the little boys breathing that reminded you of Yi Jung.

 

 

So how do you like it? The story is starting to go in a lighter direction then I thought. It use to be darker in my mind but I guess I just can’t easily write like that. So I am happy how the story is going. I hope you still like it! Please look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!