Almost Kiss

Wrong Love

Once you got better everything was great. Yi Jung was incredibly comfortable with everyone in the house, and enjoyed helping the maids with simple things, such as the cleaning, the gardening, and the cooking. But for some reason he especially like helping Hyun Joo.

“Yi Jung! Stop moving so much! I won’t be able to get it out,” you said holding Yi Jung’s hand still. He had been outside helping Hyun Joo with the flowers, when he got a sliver from some woodchips. He kept shifting so you were not able to pull it out.

“Yi Jung,” you complained, “if you don’t hold still, it won’t get better.” Yi Jung frowned, and pulled his hand away.

“Is Yi Jung okay now?” Hyun Joo asked as she walked into the room.

Yi Jung turned and looked at her, seeming to perk up, “~~~~~ isn’t doing it right.”

Hyun Joo smiled and looked at you with a kind grin, “Can I try?”

You shrugged, “Why not? He won’t hold still for me. Maybe he will for you.” Hyun Joo walked over and grabbed the tweezers.

“Yi Jung, this won’t hurt a bit, just look at me,” she smiled. Yi Jung looked Hyun Joo in the eyes and held completely still. You stared at him in shock. *Why is he behaving so good for her?* Hyun Joo finished and smiled at him and placed the splinter in her hand, “See that wasn’t as bad as you thought it would be. Was it? Look how big it was too.” Yi Jung nodded and was grinning from ear to ear. “So is my helper going to come back out and help me again?”

“Yep!” Yi Jung exclaimed. They both headed back out, leaving you in the kitchen. A grin slowly crept across your face as you realized something.

<<>> 

Hero gripped his head. *This is so stupid! Why can’t I go do something!* He hit his head against his desk, next to a pile of papers he needed to look over. He set his chin on the papers and blew his bangs up. *I want to see ~~~~~.” He pouted.

“Hero!” The door swung open. You were grinning and seemed incredibly excited about something.

“~~~~~…”

“You are never going to guess what I just found out!” you yelled, running around the desk.

“Wha…”

“Yi Jung has a crush on Hyun Joo!” you exclaimed, interrupting him.

“Wha…”

“Come with me! Quickly!” you said, interrupting him again, grabbing onto his hand and pulling him out of his chair. Still holding onto Hero’s hand, you ran out the back door and stopped. “There, look,” you whispered pointing towards a flower patch and dropping Hero’s hand. Yi Jung was smiling at Hyun Joo and helping her weed the garden.

“How can you tell?” Hero asked.

You leaned back into Hero’s shoulder, and unconsciously rested your head lightly on it, “Isn’t he cute? He is glowing. I remember my first crush.” Hero looked down at you.

“Hmm…Who?” Hero asked.

“He was my neighbor. I was in… third grade. He was graduating high school,” you laughed.

Hero chuckled under his breath, “Old much?”

You laughed and looked up at him, “Shut up.” Hero stopped laughing at stared at you. You were only a few inches away from his face. You stared into his eyes realizing he was so close, but couldn’t seem to force yourself to move away. Hero’s eyes shifted down to your lips then back to your eyes. He tentatively began to lean towards you. Your eyes shifted to his lips then back up to his eyes. They were not filled with hatred like before but some kind of sweetness and innocence, but most of all a look of questioning. As if he wanted to know if it was okay. You didn’t give true consent, but you didn’t reject him either. Hero leaned a little closer, his eyes closing slightly. Your eyes started to close as you began to lean forward too. Suddenly, you came to realization and backed away.

“Um… I… I’ve got to go,” you stuttered, and ran back into the house. Once inside you leaned against the door and Hero slouched over outside.  You both sighed and thought, *What did I almost just do?*

 

 

I have no clue where this came chapter came from! I had not planned for it! But somehow it just seemed to fit. I kind of wanted Yi Jung to have a crush on Hyun Joo and it just went from there. I am happy how it turned out though. I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!