Differences

Wrong Love

You skipped through the market like a little kid, seeing a market for the first time. You looked at everything and even the smallest thing could make your eyes light up. *This is just like when I would take Yi Jung shopping. Today would be perfect if he wasn’t here.* you thought looking over your shoulder at Hero, who was keeping a close eye on you. It was fun to o. Once in a while you would walk a little faster and it seemed to stress Hero, because he thought you were trying to escape. You were speed walking when you suddenly saw the table that had all the seeds on it. You stopped in your tracks and Hero almost crashed into your back.

“What the hell!” He yelled. You didn’t respond you just stared at the table. Hero leaned over and looked where you were looking then back at your face. His frown dropped right off his face. You looked as if you were about to cry any second, and it twisted Hero’s heart. You walked over to the table and picked up a packet of pea seeds and just stared at the cover. Hero walked up behind you, curious with what you were doing, he leaned over your shoulder but didn’t say anything.

“Oh, would you like to buy those miss?” the old lady asked realizing she had a customer.

“Um…” you hesitated. “I’m sorry, I don’t have any money right now, but I will come back later to buy some.” You said, and reluctantly put it down. *So Eun hated gardening. She didn’t like the thought of even touching dirt and worms. What is up with her now?* Hero thought as he watched you closely and even more curious then before.

“Well why don’t you have your boyfriend buy it for you?” your eyes opened wide.

“Um… who? Wait, you don’t mean him!” you exclaimed pointing at Hero. The old lady nodded.  Your mouth dropped and you gapped at the lady.

The old lady grabbed Hero’s shoulder and pulled him close, whispering in his ear. “The way to a women’s heart is by buying her something, trust me.” Hero smiled slightly and pulled back, shaking his head.

“She is my… She isn’t my girlfriend.” Hero managed to stutter out. *Wait! Did I almost just call ~~~~~ my girlfriend!* The lady gave him a smile as if saying ‘sure,’ sarcastically, and she nodded. Hero looked over to you. But you weren’t there. Hero straightened up and looked in every direction for you. *Stupid old lady!* Hero thought as he ran through the crowd looking for you. *Where is she?* Hero began to act paranoid and looked at everyone’s face. *When I find her, she is so dead!*

“1…2…3…4…5…6…” some kids counted and laughed as Hero ran past. He stopped in mid step and turned around to look at the kids.

<<>> 

The shopkeeper whispered something to Hero. Even though you couldn’t hear her, you knew it was probably about you being his girlfriend. You sighed and looked around. One little girl was trying to get a jump rope game with her younger brother going. *Min Ji! Kang San!* With out thinking, you left Hero and ran over to them.

“Min Ji! Kang San!” You yelled. They both turned at the sound of there names and began to grin from ear to ear.

“Pretty unni!” Min Ji yelled. Min Ji dropped the jump rope and ran towards and jumped into your arms, hugging you tight. “Where did you go? We were worried,” she muttered into your shoulder.

“Um… a friend needed to see me.” You smiled sweetly as Min Ji dropped to the ground.

“Are they okay?” Min Ji asked, worried.

“Yeah, they are…fine,” you said looking over your shoulder remembering Hero was here. *He is going to be mad when he finds me… oh well!* “What are you doing?”

“Trying to teach Kang San how to jump rope.” Min Ji beamed, “But we need another person to help spin the rope.”

“Okay, I will help.” Min Ji smiled and nodded. You grabbed an end as Min Ji instructed Kang San on what to do.

“Ready…Set…Go!” Min Ji said and you both began to swing the rope. Kang San jumped once and fell. Min Ji dropped the rope and ran towards him. “Are you okay?!” she asked worriedly. Kang San nodded and got back up. Min Ji smiled proudly at her little brother and grabbed the rope again.

“Ready…Set…Go!” you shouted and began to swing the rope. Kang San made it around once, twice, three times.

Min Ji began to count, “1…2…3…4…5…6…” as Kang San jumped, grinning from ear to ear. You laughed as Kang San stomped on the ground each time he jumped, sending dust around his feet. “21…22…23!” Min Ji yelled right as Kang San accidently jumped on the rope.

 “Woohoo!” You both cheered as Kang San laughed and clapped his hands together.

“~~~~~…” you heard from right behind you. It sounded like Hero but he sounded different. He was mad, but seemed relieved and short of breath when he found you. You turned around and were right. Hero was breathing slightly harder then normal and his eyes looked somewhat surprised. You looked up at him amazed. *I have never seen him with that kind of face.*

“Wha…What?” you stuttered. Hero just stared at you.

“Pretty unni! Is this your friends?” Min Ji suddenly screamed. You smiled and nodded. *Why is she so friendly with these kids? She didn’t like it when I played with younger kids. She thought it made me look immature. And here she is playing with kids! Maybe it is because of her kid* Hero thought as he watched you laugh and rub the little boys head, congratulating him.

“His name is…” you paused and looked at him.

Hero crouched over, as if on command and smiled, “You can call me Hero.” Min Ji smiled and nodded.

“I am Min Ji and he,” she said pointing to her little brother, “Is Kang San.” Hero waved at Kang San who pulled closer to you. You looked down at him concerned.

“What’s wrong?” Kang San looked up at you with terrified eyes. “It’s okay,” you gently cooed, hugging him. “How about we go see Jim?” you said shaking him gently and looking up at Hero, to ask approval. Hero pouted like he was thinking about it, and then he nodded. You stood up and grabbed Kang San’s hand but before you could take a step you saw Min Ji’s dad running towards you. “Hi…” you started but Min Ji’s dad grabbed you.

“Do you have a car?” he asked in between gasps for breath.

“What? Why?” you asked confused.

“Jim collapsed!”

 

 

What do you think? You would think Hero would catch on! When I did <<>> it meant like a flashback or a different point of view. I hope you look forward to the next chapter. PLEASE COMMENT!