Can we do This Later?

Dark Lake Academy

“Hey,” Sori smiled slightly as she got off the bus.

“Hi,” Ravi smiled brightly, rushing to pull her into a hug, “you looked tired.”

“Yeah,” she nodded, “we all are.” She looked over her shoulder to find Hyuk, Leo, Baekhyun and Suho greeting Jihu and Kris.

“Is that…..bandages?” Ravi frowned, catching sight of the white material peeking out from under Suho’s shirt.

“He’s fine,” Sori assured him, shifting so that she could rest her head on his shoulder, eyes falling shut out of exhaustion, “just bruised.”

“What happened?” Ravi asked, tightening his grip on the girl in his arms.

“Can we……do this in the morning?” she asked, “it’s…….I’ve answered a lot of questions and I just want to sleep.”

“Alright,” Ravi gave in quickly, “wait here, I’ll get your bag. Then we can head to your room.”

“Ok,” Sori nodded, trying to suppress a yawn.

“Didn’t you sleep on the bus?” Kris asked, making his way over to Sori as Ravi left to get her bag.

“Tried,” Sori replied, “but…..I just couldn’t.”

“We’ve all been having some problems sleeping,” Suho said, “nightmares.”

“You two?” Kris frowned, looking between the pair, “having nightmares?”

“Yeah,” Sori nodded, “us two having nightmares.”

“It’s not that weird, is it?” Suho gave a tired laugh, “I used to have nightmares all the time before becoming an agent.”

“What was so bad that it caused nightmares?” Kris asked, clearly concerned.

“Like Sori told Ravi,” Suho sighed, “can we do this later?”

“They already asked a lot of questions,” Sori nodded, “back at the base. I mean, for the past day and a half, we’ve been asked nothing but questions.”

“Day and a half?” Kris frowned, “when the heck did you get back? Jihu didn’t get the call that long ago that something had happened.”

“We know,” Sori told him, “Haruhi called him as soon as she got the time, but we’d been back at the base for…….a few hours before that.”

“Alright,” Kris said, turning to Suho, “I’ll get your bag. Do you need help to carry it to your room?”

“That would be nice,” Suho gave the other dragon a small, tired smile, “thanks.”

Kris just smiled slightly before heading off to get Suho’s bag. Suho and Sori just watched silently as Baekhyun made his way over to them, his own bag slung over his shoulder and Leo and Hyuk close behind holding their own bags.

“Do you want to tell them together?” Baekhyun asked, dropping his bag at his feet and stretching his stiff joints, “or…..what’s the plan?”

“We’ll gather everyone together and tell them all at once,” Suho decided, “We can each tell them what we remember. After that, I’ll take over and tell them what those…..things are.”

“Can’t believe the ISBIP would make something like them,” Hyuk scowled, “or that a necro would let their powers be used like that.”

“I can,” Sori growled, “not everyone respects ghosts like Sehun and N do. Most view them as…….as things. They think that since they aren’t alive they don’t deserve to be treated like people.”

“That’s horrible,” Hyuk frowned.

“Did you get a read on them?” Suho asked, turning his full attention to Sori.

“Nothing,” she frowned, “I’m not sure if it’s because I’m not practiced or……or if…..they don’t have any thoughts.”

“You need to start working on that,” Suho advised, “severely limited or not,  a bit of telepathy could really help.”

“Huh?” Hyuk blinked, “what are you--?”

“Got it,” Kris said, lifting up Suho’s bag slightly to show that he’d returned, “let’s get going, alright?”

“Sure,” Suho nodded before turning to the confused Hyuk, Leo, and Baekhyun, “I’ll explain in the morning, alright. Don’t worry about it for now.”

“Fine,” Baekhyun nodded, picking up his bag again, “I’m gonna head to my room. Just…..where are the new dorms?”

“Why don’t you all follow me,” Kris said, “that way you don’t get lost.”

“Thanks,” Hyuk smiled before following the dragons. Baekhyun followed as well, waving to Sori before focusing on where he was going.

“You have some telepathy?” Leo asked, “Why haven’t you mentioned this before?”

“It’s really limited,” Sori sighed, “and I don’t use it often. Like, the last time I did was on the bus ride here at the start of term. I tried to use it on those things, but……I got nothing.”

“How much can you get normally?”

“Just a few passing thoughts,” Sori told him, “like, whatever thought my target is currently thinking. Yuri’s telepathy is much more useful. And accurate. And she doesn’t have to focus as hard.”

“Suho is right,” Leo said, “focus on improving. We need all the help we can get with the enemy we’re facing.”

“I know,” Sori said, not mentioning how much she hated hearing another’s thoughts in her head as Leo rushed to join the others.

Other’s thoughts……they were like this echoing voice in her head that stuck around for hours after. And using her telepathy left her feeling sick, head pounding right behind her eyes. But Leo was right. They would need all her gifts if they wanted to win this coming battle. She discomfort had to be ignored for the sake of everyone else. She felt like a child for not doing that sooner.

“Hey,” Ravi said, coming to a stop beside her, “sorry it took so long. Your bag was buried under a lot of agents’ bags.”

“It’s fine,” Sori told him, “let’s go, alright?”

“Alright,” Ravi smiled, taking her hand and leading her in the direction of the new dorms.

“Sorry for keeping you up,” Sori apologized as the pair walked, “I’m sure you’re tired, too.”

“I’m fine,” Ravi assured him, “I’d stay up to greet you even if I was dead tired.”

Sori gave a small laugh, trying to ignore the nice feeling in her chest that Ravi’s words gave her. She knew that she liked him, she’d be a fool not to realize that, but……..her feelings and Ravi’s feelings kind of scared her. Maybe it was normal to fear that the person you liked would suddenly start to hate you. Maybe she was just being silly thinking that she was wrong about Ravi’s feelings, thinking that maybe he was just being friendly and didn’t actually have a crush on her.

Either way, she wasn’t about to go to Ravi with her thoughts on the matter.

“Hey,” Ravi said, pulling her from her thoughts, “I was wondering…….”

“Yeah?”

“Well,” Ravi looked away, trying to hide his blush and fear of rejection, “maybe when you’re not so tired, we could go to the lake? And maybe just watch the stars?”

“Um,” Sori bit back the urge to immediately say yes, “um, sure. I mean, if you want to.”

“I want to,” Ravi said, turning to face her so that she could see his smile and fading blush, “I…..I really like you, Sori. I…..I want……..I want to be your boyfriend.”

Sori froze, unsure of what exactly to say.

“You don’t have to answer right away,” Ravi assured her, “I know that answering this question probably isn’t easy for you to answer. So…..just think about it. And tell me what you want to do when you’re sure. Until then, I’m going to do my best to make you want to say yes.”

Sori nodded, unsure of what to do now. Ravi smiled, seemingly understanding her problem, and lead her to the new dorms.

A/N: bet you all forgot about Sori’s very, very limited telepathy, right? Well I didn’t~! and you better believe it’s gonna come more into play in the future. As for what those things that attacked Suho, Sori, Hyuk, Leo, and Baekhyun……we’ve got a bit more info on them now. Oh, and the whole ‘Ravi asking Sori to be his girlfriend’ thing, but I’m sure none of you care about that. Hahaha kidding, I’m sure most of the comments I get are gonna be about that.