What am I Gonna do

Dark Lake Academy

“Alright,” Sori said, dropping down on to the couch, “what’s going on?”

“Just wait,” Heesun told the shifter, “I think that all the girls should be here for this.”

“Fine,” Sori sighed, “just……is it something bad?”

“I wouldn’t say bad,” Heesun frowned slightly, “just…….something happened. Not really sure what to say about it.”

“Cryptic,” Jessica scowled slightly.

“Does it have to do with the enemy?” Sori asked, pressing for more information.

“Nope,” Heesun was quick to assure her, “so don’t worry about that.”

“Good.”

“We’re all here,” Krystal called a few minutes later after letting in the last of their female friends, “so you can tell us what this is all about.”

“What’s going on?” Hyuna asked, a teasing smirk appearing on her face, “did Chen finally ask you out.”

“Why are you people always on about that,” Heesun scowled, “we’re just friends.”

“Friends who’ve been caught making out,” Hyoyeon pointed out.

“More than once,” Jessica added.

“Whatever,” Heesun scoffed, “that’s just making out. It doesn’t mean anything.”

“Not what your thoughts say,” Yuri muttered, but everyone with super hearing – which was pretty much everyone – still heard her.

“Whatever!” Heesun snapped, “what happened has nothing to do with me. It’s all Lina.”

“What happened?” Sori asked the fallen.

“Um,” Lina looked at the floor, trying to ignore how everyone was looking at her.

“Tell them,” Heesun told her, “or I will.”

“Heesun,” Hyorin scolded the werewolf, “don’t force her to talk. If she doesn’t want to, then we’ll drop everything. We can talk about Sori and Ravi’s dates instead.”

“Um,” Yuri spoke up, “I…I think we might want to hear this.”

“Why?” Jessica asked, “what did you read in her thoughts?”

“It’s best coming from Lina,” Yuri said, flashing the fallen an encouraging smiled, “so please tell them. Don’t worry about the reaction, we’re all friends here, right.”

“Right,” Sooyoung grinned, throwing her arms around Lina and pulling her into a hug, “whatever happened, we aren’t going to judge you.”

“Chanyeol,” Lina said, blushing brightly, “he….he kissed me.”

“What?”

The girls looked at each other, unsure if they really had heard that. Chanyeol had really kissed Lina?

“They’ve always been close,” Taeyeon finally said, “but…..he kissed her?”

“On the mouth?” Krystal gasped.

“I don’t know why he did that,” Lina said, quick and clearly panicked, “he just….we were talking about that boy in class who asked me out and…..and he got so upset and he just……he kissed me.”

“What did he do?” Jessica asked, sending a Sori a knowing look, “after he kissed you I mean.”

“He flew off,” Heesun explained, “and that’s when I showed up.”

“Maybe he didn’t mean to do it?” Sooyoung suggested, “maybe he just….wasn’t thinking because he was mad and kissed you, only to regret it right after.”

“That’s not it,” Sori spoke up.

“Huh?” Hyoyeon blinked, “how do you know?”

“You all can’t tell me you never noticed,” Yuri frowned, “that Chanyeol likes Lina.”

“What?”

“You really never noticed, did you?” Jessica frowned slightly, “I mean, naturally Yuri would know, but I noticed he liked her pretty quickly. Same with Sori.”

“How?” Heesun scowled, “how the heck did you know he felt that way?” She paused, “who else knows?”

“Baekhyun,” Jessica listed off, “the four of us. Luhan. I mean, a fae would know, right?”

“Hyuna let it slip to Kris and Suho,” Sori added, “but other than that, everyone has been in the dark.”

“He’s kind of obvious about it,” Hyuna pointed out, “so I don’t know why the thought never crossed any of your minds.”

“But they’re siblings,” Taeyeon said.

“Not by blood,” Sori countered, “and Lina’s last name is still Kim. In the eyes of most supernaturals, she’s not actually part of the Park family.”

“Yeah,” Lina said, looking down sadly.

“Sorry,” Sori quickly apologized.

The girls fell silent after that.

“How could I have never noticed?” Lina finally said.

“No idea,” Jessica said, “but now that he’s made his feelings known, you need to decide what you want to do.”

“Do you want us to talk to him?” Hyuna asked, “maybe that would help you figure out what to do.”

“Yeah,” Sooyoung nodded, “see if he kissed you just so that his feelings are know, or if he wants something more.”

“Have you ever,” Sori tried to finds the right words, “even once……thought about Chanyeol as…..as a guy?”

“Or always as a brother?” Jessica added.

“I don’t know,” Lina cried, looking at the shifter girls with wet eyes, “I just……I’m I horrible for never noticing? For….for putting him in this position?”

“Stop that,” Heesun hissed, “you didn’t do anything wrong.”

“Yeah,” Hyoyeon nodded, “Chanyeol falling for you…..you aren’t at fault for that. No one is.”

“He must be going through hell,” Lina sighed sadly, “he….he must think he messed everything up. Maybe….maybe everything is messed up now.”

“Not if you can still be friends after this,” Sori told her, “well, assuming you turn him down. If you start dating him, that’s great too.”

“Do you want to still be friends?” Heesun asked.

“Yes,” Lina nodded, “no matter what, I still want us to be as close as we’ve always been.”

“Then tell him that,” Jessica smiled, “or, if you don’t want to see him just yet, Sori and I can tell him so he’s not freaking out over the kiss.”

“I’d like that,” Lina decided after a moment, “if you could tell him that. He must be so upset right now.”

“I think you should be alone to think things over, “Sori suggested, “so we’ll leave you alone to think.”

“Sounds good,” Lina managed a small smile.

The girls all got up and left Lina alone to think.

“Take your time to think,” Sori said before shutting the door behind her, “as much as you need. I know he’ll wait.”

Now alone, Lina buried her head in the couch pillows. She really had no idea what to do.

A/N: poor Lina. Honestly, I don’t know what to do with the Chanyeol-Lina relationship either so feedback ‘bout that would be awesome!