We Need A Plan. We Need The Others

Dark Lake Academy

“Crap,” Heesun sighed, “crappy crap.”

She silently slunk off, hoping that she would escape the notice of the guards Jihoo and Soo Ah had left to watch Jihu. She needed to get past them so she could tell the others everything she’d overheard. For a moment, she considered staying long enough to get Jihu free, but the risks outweighed the pros of such a plan.

Besides the obvious ‘freeing Jihu will alert the bad guys to her existence in the basement,’ there was also the fact that Jihu wasn’t their only hostage. They had Lito somewhere in this place. If Jihu was gone, who knew what they would do to the poor kid in retaliation. Jihoo wouldn’t take it easy on Lito just because he was a kid.

Oh, and there was also the fact that Jiho was hurt. Really badly by the looks of things. Heesun didn’t know exactly what was wrong with him, but after observing him for a few minutes she figured it was his legs. It looked……it looked like he might be paralyzed, but Heesun was not about to even think that. Losing the use of your legs for werewolves……it was a fate worse then death.

“Heesun?”

Heesun froze, looking around in a panic as she tried to locate who had called her. Had she been caught? If so, then why was she still alive? Shouldn’t she have been killed on sight?

“Over here.”

This time, Heesun’s brain recognized the voice and she relaxed. It was just Jessica. But this also raised some questioned. What on earth was Jessica doing down here? Heesun decided to ask later and locate the other girl now. Better to do that then have Jessica calling for her for much longer. It could attract their enemies.

“What are you doing down here?” Ken asked once Heesun had joined the group of four in the secret passageways.

“Bomb went off in the meeting room,” she explained, “when I came to, there was this hole in the middle of the room. Figured I should check it out, ya know.”

“No one spotted you?” Jessica asked, carefully looking over Heesun as best she could with the ty lighting the group had.

“No,” Heesun assured her, “I’ve been careful.”

“Good.”

“How did you all end up here?” Heesun asked, “and, um, shouldn’t…..other people…..be here?”

“Chanyeol, Lina, Sooyoung, and Taeyeon headed back to the main floors,” Hyoyeon explained, “they went to get everyone else.”

“So you haven’t seen anyone else?” Heesun frowned.

“No,” Ravi scowled, “Sooyoung had a vision that made her really upset, so…..we’re worried.”

“Jihu is down here,” Heesun hung her head, hating to add to all the bad news, “I think……they shot him in the back and……I don’t know what kind of condition his body is in.”

“What?” Ken gasped.

“We’ve got to go get him,” Ravi growled.

“No,” Heesun sighed, “we can’t. Not with the other hostage they have.”

The air got even more tense with this little bit of news

“What?”

“They have Lito,” Heesun whimpered, “Jihoo said that he has Lito.”

“How?” Ravi hissed, “how could he get his hands on Lito? Jihu stationed all kinds of people at Dark Lake. People he trusts.”

“Have we been backstabbed?” Ken wondered.

“I don’t know,” Heesun told them, “I only know what I heard Jihoo say. He said that he has Lito and that…….they have a changeling.”

Heesun swore you could have heard a pin drop after that bomb dropped.

“What?” Jessica managed to recover first.

“How?” Hyoyeon gasped, “I thought that changelings were rare.”

“So did I,” Heesun nodded, “but Jihu seemed to believe them. I wasn’t close enough to see anything, thought so……they might have made it up?”

“No,” Ravi scowled, “Jihoo says that he has a changeling…..he’s got one.”

“We need to tell the others,” Ken said.

“Chanyeol and his group will be back soon,” Jessica nodded, “and they’ll have everyone with them. Then we’ll figure out what to do.”

“I’ll go after Lito,” Ravi decided, “we can’t let Sori do it.”

“Agreed,” Heesun nodded, “she….she can’t be the one who goes to get him. It’s what Jihoo wants. We can’t play into his hands.”

“I’ll go with you,” Ken promised, “we can’t go alone.”

“Right,” Ravi nodded.

A/N: I’m finally feeling better!! YAY!!!! I’m not 100% back yet, but I don’t feel like I’m dying anymore.