Making Them Feel Better

Dark Lake Academy

“He doesn’t look happy,” Kris commented, watching as Lito stormed down the hallway, his friends following closely behind him.

“He’s probably just mad at me,” Sori scowled slightly.

“Why?” the dragon questioned.

“Yeah,” Suho nodded in agreement, “Lito loves you, you could never do anything wrong in his eyes. Why on earth would he be mad at you?”

“He knows what we’re doing,” Sori explained, keeping her voice low so that only the two dragons could hear her.

“What?” Kris hissed, “How did he find out?”

“Did someone tell him?” Suho asked.

“He noticed things,” she explained, “us  whispering and sneaking out late at night.”

“Crap,” Kris sighed.

“He can’t be the only one who’s noticed things,” Suho scowled, “we’ve been careless.”

“You’re right,” Sori hissed, realizing how foolish she’d been for not realizing that sooner, “we don’t know how many others have noticed us sneaking out. That…….dang it.”

“We just need to be more careful,” Kris assured the two, “everything will be alright.”

“I hope you’re right,” Suho sighed, “because if you’re not……”

“I am right,” Kris laughed, trying his best to sound confident in his words, “we’ll be alright.”

“I’ll go tell the others that we need to meet up tonight,” Sori suggested after a moment, “they should know everything that’s going on.”

“Tell them at lunch,” Kris told her, catching her arm before she could go very far, “it will look weird if you just run off now and talk to them. And you might end up being late for class, too.”

“He’s right,” Suho frowned, “the less people notice our movements, the better.”

“Right,” Sori nodded in agreement after thinking everything over.

“Moving on to more light hearted things,” Kris smirked slightly, “you’re dating Ravi.”

“Yes,” Sori nodded.

“How’s it going?” Kris questioned.

Suho and Sori shared a look before deciding to go along with him. After all, Kris was just trying to make them feel better.

“Have you gone out on any dates yet?” Suho asked, “Well, as much of a date as you can go on around here.”

“We had a picnic back at the base,” Sori shrugged, “and we went for a walk along the lake side the night after we got back. It…..it was nice.”

“Sounds better than any dates Kris took you on,” Suho teased.

“Better than any dates I took her on?” Kris huffed, “that’s not true. Not at all.”

“He’s right,” Sori laughed a little, “both dates were much better than anything you did when we were together.”

“You’re exaggerating,” Kris huffed, looking away.

A small smile formed on his face when he noticed Suho and Sori laughing. Ever since their mission, they hadn’t been smiling and laughing as much. Well, Sori didn’t exactly smile and laugh a bunch in the first place so the change was more noticeable in Suho. Baekhyun, Leo, and Hyuk were similar. Thus, Kris had taken it upon himself to make them smile and laugh more often. The others tried to help – Chanyeol focusing on Baekhyun while N and Hongbin focused on Leo and Hyuk – so at least he wasn’t alone.

Sometimes, though, it was hard to get a laugh out of them. So when he managed it, it was something to celebrate. Even if it did come at his own expense.

--

“Never thought that you’d be the one to start dating first,” Ken commented, absent mindedly flipping through a book.

“Huh?” Ravi looked up from his homework, “what are you talking about?”

“You,” Ken looked up, “dating Sori. Never would have thought you’d be the first to get a girlfriend out of the six of us.”

“Ok,” Hongbin sighed, putting down his own work, “I’ll bite. What the heck are you saying, hyung?”

“I really thought it you be you, Bin,” Ken shrugged, “I mean, you’re super handsome. Tons of girls have confessed to you since you turned, like, ten. Even a few guys confessed to you. I just really thought that you’d be the first to start dating.”

“I thought it would be N hyung,” Hyuk spoke up, “he’s the oldest.”

“But Leo hyung isn’t that much younger,” Hongbin frowned slightly, “why not him?”

“Too shy,” Ken and Hyuk both quickly dismissed Hongbin.

“Well why did you think it won’t be Ravi?” Hongbin sighed.

“Yeah,” Ravi frowned, “why?”

“Don’t really have a reason,” Ken shrugged, “it just seemed more likely that Hongbin would say yes to a girl before you found your perfect girl. I mean, you’ve been confessed to before too, but turned them down because you’re waiting for the right girl.”

“He’s got a point,” Leo spoke up, “and considering how picky you are, I thought it would take longer for you to find someone.”

“True,” Ravi chuckled, “to be honest, I never thought I’d meet someone like Sori. At least not this soon.”

“See,” Ken grinned triumphantly, “even Ravi agrees with me.”

“No,” Ravi replied, “I though N hyung would start dating first. Probably for the same reasons as Hyukkie.”

“Why did you think it would be N hyung?” Hongbin asked, turning to Hyuk who finally looked up from his math homework to give the conversation his full attention.

“N hyung is really out going,” Hyuk explained, “he talks to a lot of people. He’s friends with a lot of people, too. More than any of us anyway. It seemed logical that he’d find someone he wanted to date before any of us.”

“Same,” Ravi nodded.

“They’re all valid reasons,” N finally spoke up, startling the others who’d forgotten he was there, “but we should really be focusing on our work. We need to get this all finished before class tomorrow.”

“Right,” Leo nodded, turning back to his work.

“You’re no fun,” Ken sighed, falling back against his bed sheets, “all this work is boring.”

“That may be, “N rolled his eyes, “but I realize that we’re months behind in school. We’re already going to be in class for longer than normal, we can’t afford to let ourselves get even farther behind.”

“He’s right,” Hongbin sighed, “let’s focus.”

“Lito is coming,” Hyuk said, eyes trained on his work once again, “he’s probably looking for you, Ravi hyung.”

“How do you know?” Hongbin asked.

“Ravi’s dating his sister,” Hyuk shrugged, “they’re both shifters. And why would he be looking for any of us?”

“I’ll go see what he wants,” Ravi sighed, getting up and heading out into the common area.

Chanyeol was already holding to door open for Lito, just about to call Ravi.

“What’s up?” Ravi asked, taking in Lito slight scowl.

“I need help,” Lito said after making sure that no one else could hear them. Well besides Hyuk and N, but that couldn’t really be helped.

“Sure,” Ravi nodded, “what’s wrong?”

“I need you to train me,” Lito said, “and tutor me for my regular school work.”

“Sure,” Ravi smiled slightly, “come on, we’ll all help you. Got your school work?” Lito nodded, holding up his books and Ravi lead him into Ken’s room.

A/N: I might have gotten a little stuck on this chapter in a few places. Hopefully it doesn’t show and mess up the chapter. This seems like mostly fluff with a bit of character development (not much, but it’s still there).