......I got nothing, just read the dang chapter

Dark Lake Academy

“I have an announcement to make,” Jihu told the group of gathered supernatural teens, “well, I have several actually.”

“What’s wrong?” Kris questioned.

“Yeah,” Suho nodded, frowning slightly, “you’re using the same tone of voice you use when telling Kris and me that we’re being sent on a dangerous mission.”

“That’s because I’m delivering bad news,” Jihu explained, “and, trust me, this is mostly bad.”

“There have been some…..,” Haruhi trailed off, “attacks.”

“Attacks?” N frowned, “what do you mean by that?”

“Well,” Jihu sighed, trying his best to explain everything, “I’ve only heard stories about the damage from the agent’s sent out or friends of those agents, I haven’t seen anything myself to I can’t say for sure what’s going on. No reports have been given to me yet either.”

“But whatever it is,” Sori spoke up, “it’s bad.”

“One story I heard said that a bomb went off in a witch neighbourhood,” Haruhi told the group, “apparently, at least five were killed. Several others have been badly hurt.”

“Oh my god,” Hyuna gasped.

“Another attack was carried out on a shifter owned store that does business with non-shifters,” Jihu added, “the owner and three employees were all killed by some armed attackers. A few customers were killed as well.”

“Do we know who did it?” Hyoyeon asked.

“No,” Jihu said, clearly annoyed with the lack of information, “I’ve heard stories that it might be gang related, or it could be something different.”

“Should we assume it’s the same people who attacked Dark Lake?” Hyuk asked, earning nods from the others.

“I honestly don’t know,” Jihu frowned, “the timing seems weird, though. We should go forewords assuming that it’s the same people pulling the strings.”

“What else?” Kris asked, “You said you have several things to tell us.”

“Right,” Jihu nodded, “the dorms are half finished. It’s not going to be long before you all go back.”

“Awesome!” the groups started to cheer, looking forewords to returning to the place most of them regarded as home. plus, they would get to see their friends again.

Well, everyone cheered except for Sori. She watched the others cheer silently. She wanted to go back home, but there was a rather large problem with that. Her brother would be at Dark Lake. Well, according to what Jessica had told her. She didn’t know how to deal with that, had yet to figure out how to feel, so she just……went blank.

Ravi looked over and noticed, his own joy dying when he remembered why Sori wasn’t happy.

“We need to spend these last few days training harder than ever,” Sori suddenly called out.

“What are you thinking?” Kris asked, frowning slightly.

“It’s likely that our enemy will see the reopening of Dark Lake as a chance to sneak in some of their people,” she explained.

“Sori is right,” Suho nodded, “and if we have enemies sneaking around the school, we might not be able to train as much.”

“Exactly,” Sori nodded, “it’s very likely that if we have enemies at school, those enemies will be keeping an eye on us. And if they’re keeping an eye on us, we can’t do some things without giving away whatever advantage we have.”

“So we work hard now,” Chanyeol smiled brightly, “that way we aren’t going to pay later.”

“Then let’s get to work, people,” Jihu called before he and Haruhi set to work setting up some practice matches for that day.

Ravi only half paid attention, losing interest completely when he knew that he didn’t have to take part in any of the matches. Instead, he followed Sori who’d escaped the room once she knew she wasn’t needed anymore. Ravi looked back just as he was about to leave the room, making sure that no one had noticed that he and Sori were gone. When no one seemed to care, he left to find the older shifter.

When Ravi was gone, N looked over, silently hoping that the younger would be able to help Sori. He’d tied to make her feel better, but had hit a wall. It made him feel beyond useless. But Ravi seemed to be able to help her and he silently wished the other the best of luck doing exactly that; helping the young woman that they had both come to love.

--

“Hey,” Ravi said, dropping down beside Sori after finally finding her in her room.

“Hi,” she replied, voice just above a whisper as she looked at nothing.

“We’re going home soon,” Ravi said, trying to get a reaction out of her. At the very least, he wanted her eyes to focus on something. He hated that empty look on her face. It was like she was hundreds of miles away, her mind going to places he knew should it shouldn’t go if he ever wanted Sori to be fixed.

“Yeah,” she nodded, “you’re happy about that, right? Dark Lake is kind of like you’re first real home.”

“Isn’t it yours?” Ravi asked, silently praying that he could get that distant look to leave.

“I…” Sori trailed off, the empty look leaving as she actually thought about it, “guess. Yeah. I mean, maybe.”

“I think it is,” Ravi smiled, deciding it was best to keep going down this path for Sori’s sake, “I mean, home is where you feel safe, right? And you feel safe at Dark Lake.”

“Aside from the attempt on my life by outside forces,” Sori couldn’t stop the small laugh, “yes.”

“That’s not gonna happen again,” Ravi told her, full of confidence, “not while I’m around. I’m never going to let anything happen to you.”

“I know,” Sori nodded, giving him a small smile.

The pair fell silent at that. Ravi was so tempted to say something else, something that would make Sori smile. But instead of getting ideas for things to say, his mind went blank. Like, completely, one hundred percent blank. Maybe that was why he said the first things the eventually came to mind, only thinking about it after the words were out.

“Go out with me.”

“Huh?” Sori looked over at him, clearly surprised, “what?”

“I-I mean,” Ravi cleared his throat, trying to think of anything he could say to make it sounds like he hadn’t just asked Sori out on a date, “like……”

“Are you asking me out?” Sori asked, apparently picking up on what Ravi was trying not to say.

“Yeah,” he nodded, looking away to hide his blush, “but only if you want. I don’t…..I don’t want you to feel like you have to say yes just because I asked.”

“Ravi,” Sori smiled slightly, “you know me. I wouldn’t say yes just because you asked.”

“So,” Ravi looked down, beyond scared that he was about to get shut down and cursing his mouth for getting ahead of his brain and getting him into such a situation, “would you like to go out with me? On a date?”

“Yes,” Sori nodded, turning Ravi’s head to face her when she gave him her answer so that he could see her smile, “I’ll go out with you on a date.”

“Really?” Ravi blinked, not believing his ears.

“Really,” she nodded, laughing a little at how bright Ravi’s eyes got after hearing her answer.

“Awesome,” Ravi smiled brightly before excusing himself so that he could go plan an awesome date.

“Hey,” N said, catching Ravi’s arm as the younger ran past the training room just as N was leaving, “what’s going on?”

“Nothing to worry about, hyung,” Ravi grinned, “I’ve just got to get some things ready.”

“For?” N asked, raising an eyebrow.

“A date,” Ravi said before running off, “see you later, hyung!”

N froze, knowing exactly who Ravi’s date was going to be with. After a moment, he just stood there before a small, sad smile formed on his face. He wasn’t going to just give up trying to win Sori’s heart, but he was starting to wonder……if maybe……he should just back off and let Ravi have her. seemed like they were getting closer and closer all the time.

A/N: so, I expect a lot of NxSori shippers are……less than pleased with me. But you RavixSori shippers? I’m assuming you guys are happy. I’m feeling much better than I was last week (still haven’t totally kicked the cough, but I can live with that since it’s not leaving my throat raw anymore), so thank you guys for all the well wishes <3 means a lot! as for the chapter title......couldn't think of anything good that wouldn't spoil the whole 'Ravi asked sori out' part so..........