In the Forest

Dark Lake Academy

“Go back to the dorm,” Kris ordered, dropping to the ground between N and Ravi, “I can handle things.”

“With all due respect,” N frowned, “I think Ravi needs to be out here. He needs to apologize to Sori.” Kris glanced at Ravi, noticing just how troubled the younger looked, before nodding.

“Fine.”

“Yuri found her,” Jessica yelled, running up to the three with Heesun and Lina right behind her, “she’s at the ceremony grounds.”

“Figures,” Kris sighed, taking a few steps away from the others, “you girl’s go back to your room. Sori will need you when we bring her back.”

“Why are you taking him with you?” Heesun growled, eyes locked onto Ravi’s form, “he’s the one who started all of this.”

“He needs to be there to apologize,” Jessica sighed, already realizing what Kris wanted.

“Fine,” Heesun relented after a moment, but she was still glaring at Ravi until Lina and Jessica dragged her away.

“It will be faster this way,” Kris said once the girls were gone.

The other boys gave him confused looks until he started to change forms. Unlike shape shifters, dragons had no shimmering light appear when they changed forms. Every detail of the shift was done in full view of whoever was watching. And, to be quite honest, the transformation was far from pretty. Watching Kris’ skin turn to scales, his fingers turn into claws, and his jaw grow longer was incredibly disturbing for N and Ravi to watch. Not that Ravi should really be talking since his transformations wouldn’t look that great either if you could see them.

“Let’s go,” Kris growled, his voice much deeper than before. N and Ravi nodded before attempting to get onto Kris’ back. After three failed attempts, Kris used his tail to lift them up.

Once they were both on, Kris took off into the air. Normally, Kris hated giving people rides while in his dragon form. That was part of the reason why he liked having Suho as his partner – the other dragon could fly himself around. The only people he’d ever given rides to was Sori, Yuri, and Hyuna. but that had stopped when they were twelve so it felt weird to have people on his back again.

“We’re here,” N smiled upon reaching the ceremony grounds, clearly relieved at the idea of being on the ground again.

“Get off,” Kris told them after landing, waiting until they were far enough away before changing back into his human form.

Both N and Ravi were quick to look away from Kris. The dragon just rolled his eyes. Unlike shifters, when a dragon changed forms their cloths didn’t survive. No one knew why shifters didn’t destroy their clothing with every shift, but most figured it was some kind of ancient magic that had been cast of the race eons ago.

“Please,” Kris scoffed at the pair as he walked past, “like you don’t see the exact same thing every morning.”

“It’s not so much that,” N replied, “it’s more we aren’t sure if you should approach Sori like that.”

“She’s seen it all before, too,” Kris replied with a shrug and a smirk before walking away. (A/N: you have no idea how much I wanna end things with that)

“What?” N shrieked, running after Kris and grabbing the dragon’s arm with a surprising amount of strength.

“We used to date,” Kris shrugged, “kind of an on again, off again thing. We’ve been off for a little over a year now.”

“And you’ve slept together?” Ravi questioned, narrowing his eyes slightly at the older.

“Yeah,” Kris shrugged again, pretending he didn’t know why such news would upset the pair, “why is that a problem?” Kris watched as N and Ravi attempted to come up with a good reason why that was a problem, but they ended up shaking their heads when they couldn’t think of anything.

“Let’s just find her,” N sighed, heading off in a random direction.

“I don’t understand why she ran off,” Ravi admitted, “so I know something about the meeting with the council. So what?”

“You told your roommate,” Kris sighed, “Daesung likes to talk. A lot. Whatever you told him will be known throughout the whole school by tomorrow.” Kris neglected to inform the pair how Sori knew he’d talked to Daesung. Sori wasn’t comfortable with how people treated her after learning about her limited telepathy, so he wasn’t about to tell people about it without her consent.

“Oh,” Ravi hung his head. He hadn’t realized that. He’d been too concerned about why she was angry originally that he hadn’t even bothered to think about how telling Daesung could go wrong.

“Yes,” they all turned to find Sori glaring down at them from the top of one of the stone arches, “he’ll let the cat out o the bag and then everyone in school will know. And half of them will tell their parents. And those parents will spread the word around the whole supernatural community. By this time next week, the council will be paying me a visit.”

“I’m sorry,” Ravi said, looking down in shame, “I didn’t think. I just talked. I shouldn’t have asked anything in the first place and I shouldn’t have told Daesung anything.”

“People who talk without thinking are fools,” Sori growled, jumping to the ground, “and people who talk about others without thinking are s.”

“Sori,” Kris sighed, walking over to her and pulling her into a hug, “he’s just a kid. They do foolish things like that. When we get back to the dorms, we can go to Jihu and get him to fix this before word gets out.”

“Even if we do fix this,” she pulled away, “it still happened. How do we know he’s not going to let something else slip? Something much more important.” She glanced quickly over in Ns direction and N nodded in understanding.

Jihu had, apparently, been very right about not wanting anyone to know about what N was. One careless slip and things could go very wrong. One moment where your mouth got ahead of your brain and things that shouldn’t be common knowledge became exactly that – common knowledge.

Kris watched the silent exchange, but kept his knowledge to himself. If Sori knew he knew what N was, she’d only get upset. he wasn’t supposed to know about that, so he couldn’t let her know that he knew. Ravi watched the exchange as well and it confirmed his suspicions that N was hiding something. However, he kept his mouth shut because he had no right to ask anything. Not after everything else that had happened that night.

“Let’s go back,” Kris sighed, “it’s late. I’ll fix everything, you just go to bed.”

“Fine,” Sori nodded before walking off. Kris waved N to follow her before pulling Ravi away in another direction.

“I’m sorry,” N apologized as the two walked, “I should have done something so that Ravi wouldn’t be running around asking questions.”

“It’s not you who should be feeling guilty,” she replied, the slight edge in her voice betraying her real feelings – she was very upset and pissed off.

“I know,” N nodded, “but I can’t help it. he wouldn’t even be asking around in the first place if I wasn’t hiding things. I wish I wasn’t a changeling. Then this wouldn’t have happened.”

“Don’t say things like that,” Sori told him, stopping and standing in front of him, “you shouldn’t be ashamed of your gifts or your species. You are what you are for a reason. You have the gifts you have for a reason. Never regret them.”

“Do you ever regret your gifts?” he already knew the answer, but he wanted to hear her say it.

“Yes,” she nodded, “mostly when I was younger. My gifts, how strong I was, created a lot of problems for me and those around me. After my parents gave me up and the council handed me over to the ISBIP, I often wished I was normal. Well, shifter level normal. I wanted to be like the other kids, like Jessica and Lay.”

“But you don’t think that way now?”

“Not for a long time,” Sori graced him with a slight smile, “I’m happy with how my life as turned out. With how I have turned out. If I was a normal shifter, I would have never met Kris, Hyuna, and Yuri. I would have never become friends with Luhan. I probably never would have come to Dark Lake either, so we would have never met.” N nodded, a small smile on his face as well.

If he wasn’t a changeling, he wouldn’t be here either. He’d be back at the foster home, but this time he would be alone because Leo and the others would be here at Dark Lake. If he wasn’t a supernatural, he wouldn’t have gotten to meet his new friends – Sori, Sehun, Luhan, Kris, and everyone else.

Being a changeling did seem like a pretty nice trade if this is what he got in return.

She’s going to be so hurt,” N turned to find his ghost standing behind them, eyes locked onto Sori.

“What?” N gasped, looking between the ghost and the girl beside him.

She’s going to be hurt,” the ghost repeated before vanishing.

A/N: why can’t ghosts just come out and say what they mean without the riddles? It makes everything so confusing. Poor Ravi, he messed up big.

On a serious note, we all know what’s happening with EXO right now. I just wanna say, there are a lot (like a lot, a lot) of rumors (aka unconfirmed information, things that might not be true, fact-less theories created by people who don’t know the real/full story) going around right now. Everything from ‘Kris has developed heart problems’ to ‘Baekhyun was hit by a staff member’ and just about anything else you can think of. I want to say: regardless of what’s true and how things turn out, the boys will always have my support in whatever they do. Let’s all just sit tight and wait for SM and Kris’ lawyer to make official statements and hope that things are cleared up in a way that doesn’t destroy EXO and everything the boys have worked so hard for.

Even when they DO make official statements, we probably still aren’t going to know the full story. All we have right now is a couple of official statements and a lot of theories that fans (and even antis) have put out there. But that doesn’t matter. What matters is that EXO is hurting more than anyone right now and we need to remember that. We fans need to be strong for them right now.