The One Who Walks Away Alive

Dark Lake Academy

N bit his lip, trying to hold in his cries of frustration. Of course he knew he was totally out classed in this fight. Soo Ah had year of experience on him, it was only natural that she’d be winning their fight. But N had foolishly hoped that he could win, that he’d be able to at least walk away when he won. Considering his current condition, even if he won there was no way he’d be walking away.

N,” Hyuk said, trying to encourage the other, “don’t worry, you can do this.”

“How?” N snapped, struggling to get up from where Soo Ah had thrown him, “how do I beat that?”

She’s more shifter inclined,” Hyuk told him what he’d observed, “this whole fight, she hadn’t used much magic. She’s mostly just shifting between animals, and mostly the bigger ones at that.”

“Great,” N huffed, “but in case you’ve forgotten, I’m not exactly magically inclined,”

Something N had observed from his training was that his powers tended to favor one supernatural species over others.  It was an observation that he’d shared with his brothers who’d agreed with him. Like him, they felt that he tended to be more inclined to a draconic nature. And when he made use of his warlock powers, the spells that came easiest to him were electrical. Just like the electricity that bent to his will when he used his dragon powers.

No,” Hyuk smiled, “you’re dragon inclined.”

“What are you talking about with your little ghost?” Soo ah questioned, shifting into her human form and flexing her arm that she’d just used to sent N flying.

“Nothing to concern yourself with,” N huffed, trying to figure out just what in the world Hyuk was trying to get at.

“Well,” Soo Ah laughed, “whatever it is, it won’t matter. I think we both know who’s going to walk away from this battle.”

Do you seriously need me to spell it out for you?” Hyuk huffed, “your scales can help protect you. If you actually manage to go into full dragon form, you’ll be bigger than her. And since you’re more magically inclined then she is, your electricity should be too strong for her to fully block.”

“Really?” N blinked, finally catching on to what Hyuk wanted him to do, “that….that’s brilliant.”

Not really,” Hyuk laughed, “it’s just that you were being too stupid to realize it.”

“Hey,” N huffed, glaring at Hyuk, “don’t be such a brat.”

Sorry,” Hyuk smiled, “but it’s kind of true. You were being stupid, focusing too much on why you have to beat her and not enough on how you beat her.”

“Whatever plan you’ve made,” Soo Ah snapped, “I can tell you now that it’s not going to work. I’m stronger then you, boy. I’m more experienced and more driven.”

“You might be stronger,” N replied, “and more experienced, but you are not more driven then I am. I’m driven by my desire to protect my friends. What drives you? A need to kill?”

“My devotion to Jihoo,” Soo Ah told him, “he will rule the supernatural community. He will be the one who returns us to our position of power over the pathetic humans. And I will be his right hand, his enforcer.”

“Good luck with that,” N scoffed, “he’s going to die for the things he’s done. Ravi and Sori will see to that.”

“Foolish brat,” Soo Ah snapped, “Jihoo will destroy that male shifter and he’ll break Sori. When this battle is done, all she’ll be good for is a carrier for Jihoo’s offspring.”

“Never,” N growled, his scales growing and electricity sparking along his arms, “that is never going to happen.”

“It will,” Soo Ah smirked, not realizing that getting under N’s skin was not something she should be doing, “she’ll be nothing more than Jihoo’s little play thing.” She paused before going on, “I might have to take you as mine. If not to improve the chances of more changelings, then because I would so enjoy breaking you apart.”

“Shut up!” N yelled, lunging forewords at Soo Ah.

The female changeling was quick to shift into an elephant, clearly planning to stomp N into submission. What she didn’t expect was for N to fully transform into a dragon, a creature far bigger than an elephant. N crashed into her, sending the older changeling into the ground with a crash and cry of pain. The cries only grew louder as N’s electricity started to zap her.

Hyuk sat back in shock. He hadn’t expected N to actually change into a full dragon form. Heck, most of their friends had come to assume he wouldn’t be able to do that. Especially after none of the training he’d done with Kris and Suho had ended in a full transformation. But Hyuk had remained hopeful that N could do it and now…..now he’d been proven right.

Hyuk smiled slightly as he watched N fry Soo Ah.

A/N: I’m still feeling sick this week, so writing had been a challenge which is why the chapter is a little bit short. Sorry guys, but at least I managed to get something out, right? Now if you excuse me, I think I need to go lay down for a while before I need a bathroom, my head is just…...