Revenge

Dark Lake Academy

“Hey,” Xiumin said, lightly touching Sori’s shoulder, “Sori?”

“Huh?” she replied, clearly having trouble pulling herself back to the present.

“We’re moving,” Xiumin told her, nodding towards Lito who was leading Ken away. The poor magic user looked just as broken as Sori, his mind clearly just as far away as the shifter’s had been.

“Alright,” she nodded, slowly getting up and making her way over to her brother.

Xiumin watched as Sori grabbed Ken’s hand and started leading him down the hall.

“I have to ask,” Xiumin whispered to Lito as the two followed behind their broken friends, “Sori’s really hurting and I was wondering…..is this…..is this a shifter thing? I mean…..,” Xiumin sighed, not sure if he was making any sense, “with vampires, we only get like that when we’re mated. My dad was like that when my mom passed. But, as far as I know, Sori and Ravi aren’t mated. Just dating.”

“My mom said it depends,” Lito explained as best he could, “some couples need to mate for a bond to be this deep. Others….others are special. My mom said it was, like, some kind of soul mate thing.”

“That would explain it,” Xiumin frowned, “but…..I hope it’s not that.”

“Huh?” Lito asked, “why? What do you know?”

“Just stories and rumors,” Xiumin sighed, “from what I’ve heard, soul mate couples……you just don’t separate them. If one dies, or at least they think the other is dead, the one alive can get a bit………” Xiumin stopped, trying to find the right word.

“Scary?” Lito suggested. His sister’s current state was defiantly scary.

“Kind of,” the vampire nodded, “but also pretty self-destructive. And violent. It’s like the monster deep within every supernatural is unleashed, but worse.”

“So we need to keep a close eye on her,” Lito scowled, “make sure nothing happens to set her off and make it worse.”

“Yeah,” Xiumin nodded.

“Someone’s coming,” Sori suddenly growled, eyes almost glowing with the amount of hate in them as she turned around and glared at the hall behind Xiumin and Lito.

“Shouldn’t have said anything,” Xiumin hissed, “should have known better to tempt fate when it already hates us.”

“Run!” Lito growled, rushing forewords and grabbing Ken and Sori’s hands.

He tried to pull them down the hall, but Sori pulled free. Luckily, Xiumin was there to wrap an arm around her waist and drag her along. She hissed and tried to claw him, but Xiumin just tightened his hold. He wasn’t going to let anything happen to his friend. He flat out refused to let anything happen to her.

Unfortunately for Xiumin, Sori was just as determined as he was and she kept trying to rip apart his arm and shoulder. At least, she did until a scent caught her attention. The part of her mind that remembered the scent’s owner, the more rational part that had been mostly silent since finding out about Ravi’s fate, was quick to take this moment to supply the crazy, rage filled part with the name of the owner.

Jihoo.

For a moment, the rage filled part of her mind exploded with enough force that Sori was finally able to break Xiumin’s hold. Sori didn’t register Xiumin calling her name, didn’t notice how he tried to catch her before deciding that he had to get Ken and Lito to safety first because the people chasing them had caught up and started to fire at them. All she was focused on was getting to Jihoo so she could rip his throat out.

 

--

 

N!” Hyuk cried,  wishing his could shake the older awake or something, “please wake up! Sori’s going to get herself killed!”

“Are you sure we shouldn’t try to wake him up?” Jessica asked, completely unaware of Hyuk’s cries of worry.

“Yeah,” Ravi nodded, “I’ve got a bad feeling.”

“Maybe you’re right,” Luhan sighed, “but how would we even do that? I’ve never dealt with someone who passed out due to overuse of their power before.”

“Maybe you can pump him full of fear or something?” Ravi suggested.

“I’ll try with something less……heart attack causing,” Luhan decided after thinking the suggestion over, “maybe something pleasant like love?”

The two shifters watched as the fae made a couple of attempts to wake up N. When love didn’t work, Luhan tried Ravi’s suggestion of fear. That failed to pull N from his slumber, but at least they got him to make a few whimpers which was the most response they’d gotten out of him since he went down. As luck would have it, the third time really was the charm. As Luhan started to pump N full of the same protective feelings that had helped the changeling save Ravi, his eyelids started to twitch until they opened.

“You’re awake,” Ravi grinned, “good.”

“How do you feel?” Luhan asked, “Are you in pain?”

“You can’t feel it?” N said, wincing when he discovered that just talking hurt.

“You’re a mix of hundreds of emotions,” Luhan explained, especially after I pumped you full of a couple more. I can’t get a clear read on anything you’re feeling.”

Before N could respond, Hyuk rushed forewords and gave his message. Unfortunately, he said his words far too fast for N to understand.

“Huh?” N frowned, “Hyuk, slow down. I can’t understand a thing you’re saying.”

“Hyuk’s here?” Ravi breathed, eyes wide and shining with tears ready to start falling at the drop of a hat.

“Yeah,” N nodded before turning his full attention to Hyuk, “now, tell me what’s wrong.”

Sori has gone to fight Jihoo,” Hyuk said, trying to make sure he was talking at a speed N could understand, “she’s not in her right mind. She’s going to be killed if she faces him like this.”

N’s eyes widened in fear before he relayed the message to the others.

“She’s going to get herself killed!” Ravi yelled, feeling terror creeping up and grab his heart, “We have to go stop her!”

“I agree,” Luhan nodded, “but the question is, can we get there in time?”

“We can try,” N said, determination in his voice and eyes, “we have to. And Hyuk said he’ll help us find the fastest way.”

“Then get ready for a fight,” Jessica scowled.

A/N: writing is pretty hard right now. I’m, um, I’m going through some stuff. It…..*sigh* *tries to find the right words* ya know what? I can’t talk about it. I don’t WANT to talk about it. But…..I’m going to be getting help. Hopefully soon. Point is, what I’m going through is making it hard to do…..anything really. On top of that, next week is full of family stuff, so I’m gonna be talking a week off for family. Seriously ha lots of family stuff; baby showers, birthdays, and family stuff with me and my parents. Oh! And a couple of my friends have birthdays too so that’s a top priority.