At the ISBIP

Dark Lake Academy

The ISBIP base did not look anything like what N had expected. He’d thought it would be a cold, gray building with an endless stream of people in black suits going in and out. Instead, he got a happy building that – for a reason even Sori could not provide – had several different stores inside.

“Seriously?” Ken spoke up, “there’s a mini mall in here.”

“A lot of supernaturals have ended up living here,” Jihu explained, “like myself.”

“Doesn’t explain the food court,” N pointed out, “of why you have a bookstore, shoe store, a at least three clothing stores.”

“It’s easier for everyone if that sort of stuff is here,” Kris shrugged, “I mean, they can’t just let agents and foster kids roam about the town whenever they like. Especial the kids.”

“We’re all in the foster care system for a reason, remember?” Hyuna laughed, “We’re too powerful for the outside world to contain.”

“So,” N said, trying to make sure he understood, “they build a mini mall in here so the foster kids don’t get to spend time in the outside world. And they don’t want that because they’re afraid those kids will lose control of their powers?”

“Pretty much,” Sori shrugged, “it’s stupid, we know.”

“We never have to go anywhere,” Suho smiled hesitantly, clearly trying to make the best of things as always, “so the enemy will never have a chance to sniper us.”

“True,” Leo nodded, “that does help us out a bit.”

“Let’s go,” Jihu said, leaded everyone to a set of elevators, “I’ve got some paperwork to get done and then a meeting with my team, so you’ll have to get settled yourselves. Kris, take the boys to your old room. Sori and Hyuna, do the same with the girls.”

“We can’t be sharing rooms,” Sori frowned, “they aren’t big enough.”

“It’s just for tonight,” Jihu assured her, “you’ll all have new rooms tomorrow. Now go.”

“Right,” the dragon and shifter nodded before herding their respective groups onto the elevators.

--

“You actually lived in here?” Hyuk tried to keep an even tone as he looked around the….broom closet that had once been Kris’ room.

“Yeah,” Kris sighed, “Sori, Hyuna, Yuri, and I shared a room for a while. Then someone decided that it wasn’t right for a boy to be rooming with three girls. I got kicked into here.”

“That ,” N patted the dragon’s shoulder before moving to help Hyuk and Hongbin get their beds ready.

“They might have had the right idea,” Kris smirked slightly, leaning over and whispering in Ravi’s ear, “I did end up sleeping with Sori after all.”

Ravi bit back the words that wanted to escape his mouth. He was starting to really hate that Kris used to be with Sori. He especially hated it when people reminded him of it. Half his classmates would whisper about the pair, betting on when they would get back together because “they always ended up like that.”

Was it selfish of him to not want that?

“Just leave your stuff for now,” Suho said, “it’s around lunch time and I’m sure we’re all getting hungry. After we eat, Kris and I can show you around.”

“Just be careful,” Kris added, “try not to attract too much attention to yourselves.”

“Why?” Leo questioned, “because we don’t know who to trust?”

“Well there’s that,” Suho nodded, “but there are also some people here that are best avoided.”

“Are they dangerous?” Sehun questioned, “Or are they like Chen and Kai’s dad?”

“I’d say she’s dangerous,” Kris nodded, looking like he was remembered a lot of bad times, “she’s also a little on the psychopathic side.”

“Let’s not worry about her,” Suho laughed, clearly trying to change the subject, “now let’s go get some food. I’m so hungry.”

The group headed off, but N could tell that Kris was looking around like he expected someone to jump out at him. Honestly, that made him wonder about the girl Kris was talking about before. Was she an agent? Or was she like Kris and Sori? but then, why wasn’t she at Dark Lake if she was like them? there were just so many questions and N didn’t have a single answer.

Well, he thought to himself, at least that’s one thing that hasn’t changed.

--

Ravi lay awake in his ‘bed’ just frowning at the ceiling. He just……he wanted to talk to Sori, but he had no idea what to say to her. When Suho had been giving them a tour of the building, they had passed three agents walking with a rich looking guy who smirked at Kris and Suho. The pair of dragons scowled before rushing the group along.

The guy had then looked at Ravi. Right at him! They locked eyes and Ravi felt……scared. There was something wrong with that guy, something dark. He didn’t even know who the guy was, but he knew enough to know that this guy was trouble.

He’d gone to ask Kris, but the dragon shut down the question before Ravi could finish asking the question. All he’d been told was that the guy was the head of the shifter council and a man best avoided. That didn’t really answer many questions, but that was kind of how things always went. Something happened, Ravi had a couple thousand questions based on that something, and he would be lucky if he got even ten answers from the others.

The only person who could answer him might very well be Sori and he hadn’t seen her since they arrived. Hyuna had said that the other had a bunch of things to do, that the people in charge of running the base had wanted to talk to her and that their superiors around the world also wanted to have some words with her. Kris had added that they might not see Sori again until the end of the week. That didn’t help Ravi much.

But there was one way to contact her, he just had to hope she was asleep.

--

Ravi walked through the halls of the base, passing people who paid him no mind. For a moment, he wondered why he was dreaming something like this, but dreaming something like this…..it didn’t make any sence. Maybe….maybe Sori could explain everything if he could just find her.

Sori,” he looked up to find Jihu walking his way with Sori beside him. The shifter looked tired and frustrated and Ravi was less than pleased to see her in such a state.

I’ll be fine,” Sori yawned, “I just need to get some sleep. It’s not like they’re asking me a bunch of personal questions.”

For once,” Jihu frowned as the pair came to a stop, “just sleep. I’ll come get you in the morning.”

Thank you,” she nodded before entering her room.

Ravi followed, passing through the door that closed behind her. Now that was just….he’d never done that before in a dream. He was always solid – or as solid as one could be in a dream – so he couldn’t just walk through things. Now he could and…..well this worried him a bit. Was his dreamscaping ability broken? Could his power even get broken?

Silently, Ravi watched as Sori lay down between Hyoyeon and Hyuna. The female shifter instantly fell asleep and Ravi suddenly felt a pull. Now that he thought about it, ever since this dream – or whatever it was – started, he’d felt this pull coming from the other guys. It was like something was pulling him towards them, but it’s ignored it. With Sori, the pull just felt stronger and he didn’t want to ignore it.

Ravi moved closer to Sori, slowly because he wasn’t sure when the pull meant. Just as his foot brushed against Sori’s leg, there was a flash of white light so bright Ravi had to shut his eyes.

“You’re getting stronger,” Sori’s voice rang out and Ravi was quick to open his eyes and look around for her, “you didn’t pull me into your dreams for once.”

“I…,” Ravi sighed, “I don’t know how I got here.”

“I figured you wouldn’t,” Sori smiled ever so slightly, “let me guess, you fell asleep and dreamed that you were walking through the halls until you got here?”

“Exactly!” Ravi nodded, suddenly feeling very relieved that his power wasn’t broken if Sori knew what he’d gone through.

“All dreamscapers can do that,” Sori explained, “it’s like they become a ghost of sorts. I think that’s the best way to describe it. You can’t interact with anything, but you can walk around and find people who are sleeping. You should feel a pull whenever you’re near someone who’s sleeping.”

“So what happened was normal?” Ravi clarified, breathing out a deep sigh of relief when she nodded.

“Now,” Sori frowned slightly, “you came looking for me, right? What do you want to talk about?”

A/N: I’m back!!!! I miss you all! The time off was good, got my inspiration going again so that’s always good. also got an era infection i'm in the process of recovering from, but don't worry about that (i'll be right as rain again soon.....i hope). Hope you guys like the new chapter!!