Saved

Dark Lake Academy

“Oh my god,” Jessica gasped, looking at the pile of floor and carpet and metal and everything else before the three, “oh my god.”

“Ravi survived this?” Luhan gasped, shocked that anything at all could live thought the collapse that left such a mess.

“He did,” N nodded, hiding his own fear and shock, “Hyuk, tell me where he is. Show me the way.”

“How are we going to get to him?” Jessica spoke up, “we can’t just….just start digging. We could accidently cause everything to collapse even more.”

“I can move things,” N said, voice determined as he glared at the rubble, “my magic…..I should be able to destroy it.”

“Not quite following you,” Luhan frowned, “what kind of spell are you talking about? And who taught it to you?”

“Chanyeol,” N explained, “it’s that force field spell he and Lina do together.”

“N,” Luhan frowned, “that spell only works because they’ve been practicing it for a couple of years.”

“And because it’s two people,” Jessica added.

And not to mention the fact that they have two different types of magic,” Hyuk added, “you’ve got none of that.”

“I can do this!” N snapped at them, “I’ve been training too. I’ve been working hard like everyone else! I’m not useless!”

“N,” Luhan sighed, “we don’t think you’re useless. None of us think that.”

“I do,” N whispered.

“N,” Jessica started to say, but he cut her off.

“I couldn’t do anything to help Hyuk,” N cried, “he died right in front of me and I couldn’t do anything! I’m not going to have the same thing happen again. Not when I can do something. At the very least, I’m going to try!”

Before anyone could say anything else, N was running at the debris. Jessica and Luhan watched as he started to glow just like Chanyeol and Lina did when they were using their force field spell. The spell in question created a shield of sorts about the two, burning away anything that got close to them that was of a psychical nature. They’ve never been able to get it to work when only one of them was supplying the magical power and even with the two of them it only lasted a short time, about half an hour give or take a couple of minutes, but it was still super useful and very effective.

“Which way?” N asked, glancing at Hyuk.

This way,” Hyuk pointed, “keep going straight, and you’ll find him. Get him to change into something small, something that can hide in your pocket. Then run, get the hell out of there before the spell wears off.”

“Right,” N nodded before doing as told, rushing through the rubble.

He could hear things falling and crashing behind him, hut he couldn’t allow himself to focus on that. He couldn’t let himself worry about what kind of problems his movements were making. He had to keep focusing on finding Ravi as quickly as possible. And once he found Ravi, he had to focus on escaping this mess before the spell completely drained him of energy and broke.

It had taken a lot of work to get Chanyeol and Lina to teach him this spell. Neither thought he was ready or had the power level to actually pull it off, but he eventually got them to agree after a couple weeks of begging. He did manage to pull it off, obviously, but his time limit was much shorter than theirs and it drained power much faster than with them.

But hey, so long as he saved Ravi, it was all good.

So long as neither of them joined Hyuk in the afterlife, it was alright.

“N?” Ravi startled as N suddenly burst through the rubble, anything that touched him crumbling to nothing, “what--?”

“Change,” N snapped, voice full of more authority then Ravi had ever heard the elder use before in his life, “change into something small and get into my pocket. Now, Ravi. We don’t have much time.”

Ravi did as told, shifting into a ferret and rushing to crawl up N’s leg. The second he was safe in N’s pocket, the elder started to run back the way he came.

“Please,” N muttered, “please hold on for just a few more seconds.”

He could feel his power draining, he knew he was at hit limit. Soon, the spell would fail and they’d be crushed. But N could not let that happen. He dug down deep, trying to find ever shred of magic power he had in his body. It was dangerous, Chanyeol and Lina and every other magic user N knew had stressed how bad using every bit of magic in your body was. They all said it could kill you at worst and leave you in a super intense amount of pain at best.

But N needed to get them out alive.

Screw the risk.

Ravi would live.

He was already going to have to bury one of his brothers and two of his friends.

He would not add someone else to that list.

Just as N broke free of the debris, he ran out of power and he fell forewords.

The spell failed and everything crashed down behind him. But that didn’t matter because N and Ravi were free of the rubble and weren’t hurt.

“N!” Jessica cheered, “You did it!”

“N?” Ravi questioned, crawling out of the changeling’s pocket, “you alright?”

“He’s alright,” Luhan sighed after rushing to N’s side and checking for a pulse, “he just drained himself of magic.”

“Silly boy,” Jessica scolded lightly, “he could have killed himself.”

“But Ravi’s safe,” Luhan smiled, “and that’s all he cared about.”

“We need to find a safe place to hide,” Luhan said, helping Ravi to pick up N, “just until N’s awake. Then we’ll try to find the others.”

“Alright,” Ravi nodded, “then you can tell me what’s been going on while I’ve been trapped.”

Jessica and Luhan nodded their agreement, but neither was looking forewords to telling Ravi everything that he’d missed out on. Hyuk followed the group.

A/N: and there you have it, chapter 110. Holy , have we really gotten to 110 chapters? I had no idea that this story would end up being this long when I started. Feels…….kind of cool.

In other news, I’ve spent this week being pissed off big time. This blog here explains why in full detail. I kind of feel like I shouldn’t be as pissed off as I am. I mean, Ghost in the Shell fans have every right to be pissed right now, my little experience of dumping on the source material isn’t anywhere near as bad so I shouldn’t be so pissed. But I am!!!!!! I am so pissed off about this ty cartoon taking a dump on one of my favorite books from when I was a kid (and it’s still a favorite read today). I want the ing thing canceled and all copies of the episodes burned. The real kicker? There’s a ing tv special cartoon from, like, the ‘80s that did so much more justice to the books (it’s on youtube so *shrug* check it out?). I mean, they still took creative liberties here and there and changed some stuff, but they got enough details right and I really think they kept the tone close enough to the books that…..I don’t mind the changes in the slightest. But this new cartoon? I want. To burn. Every copy. Of the ing thing. And I want to do it now! the animation and writing team behind this. Especially the writing team. Would it have killed them to have read the books? The books aren’t THAT long. I got through the first six this week and I only started reading then on Wednesday. !!!!!!!!!! After YTV did a good job with their adaption of the second ‘MacDonald Hall’ book (the book is ‘go jump in the pool’ and the movie is called ‘Bruno and Boots: Go Jump in the Pool’)……they captured the tone and feel of the books so well even though they changed some characters and cut some others and changed some plot points and skipped over book one completely which is a same ‘cuz all the books are great and deserve an adaption too…..…….point is, good job YTV, you didn’t make me filled with rage like this cartoon did. You actually respected the books, you clearly read them, I’m pretty sure your cast read ‘em too (the guy who plays Boots said that he’d read them when he was a kid and reread ‘em when he got the role) and while I’d give my right arm to see you do all the books (especially ‘lights, camera, disaster ‘cuz that’s my favorite) and I’d give my left arm to see loveable, ‘trip over a moon beam he’s so accident prone’ Sidney…….this movie sure felt like it was a part of the series. Not at all like that ing, anger inducing cartoon. That feel like a totally different series. It doesn’t feel a thing like a Bunnicula book. It feel like a crime against fans. What, did the people working on the show think “hey, the first book was written back in 1979. There’s no way it still has fans. And if it does? Cartoons are for kids, these fans are probably adults, so ‘em”. Is that what they thought? ‘cuz that sounds similar to the thought patter of, say, the ‘Teen Titans Go’ ers: “the fans of this show are adults, this is a cartoon. Cartoons are fore kids. Kids are ing stupid so we don’t have to put any work into this ”. As a side note: that “cartoons are for kids” argument. ‘Family Guy’ alone proves that argument wrong. Disney being alive and well proves it wrong. that argument.

HLJIKGLJNISKLNS\LK/DM\.,FXNK.BLXKFNB,F B;KSD\NB/SRkidgh/nvskl d\n’

*deep breath**twitching eye caused by anger**another deep breath or two……or twenty*

Sorry, I………I need to just, like, seclude myself with all my Bunnicula books and read ‘em over a couple more times. Seriously, the plan is to make a fort in my room, get a bunch of blankets and pillows and plushies, get a little lamp or a flashlight or something and just cuddle up with my ‘Bunnicula’, ‘Santa Paws’ and ‘Upchuck and the Rotten Willy’ books. Just, like, full nostalgia binge to calm me down. Hmmm, might also add some of the books from my ‘to read’ list to the pile and get some snacks and just make a full day of doing nothing but reading.